Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54567 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 6
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2009, 02:51:38 pm »

Quotes can be faked:

I am a doppelganger, and should by lynched like the lair I am.
That they can.

And he did get those pretty fast.

Could have been prepared ahead of time.

But fine. I'll switch my vote to Masami Phoenix. Rather inactive in game, but active elsewhere on the site (unlike Alexhans, who appears to have left the face of the earth).
You're saying chaotic_josh thought way in advance to fake being in contact with the Telepath? I don't think so.

My only problem with the story is how did he believe the Telepath was the Telepath? Did he just take his word for it? Because Dopps could be Telepaths too, unlike last game, and that's a big gamble.

Also, Masami could simply be unaware of the game.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2009, 03:04:49 pm »

Yes WA, I just took his word for it. It was either that, or continue to wallow in uselessness for the rest of the game.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2009, 03:24:25 pm »

Just saying, I suspect Alexhans.

Why?

Because I was trying to get the dopps to roleclaim and vote back then when I said I'd vote with them. I PMed Meph to say that I wasn't necessarily telling the truth about voting with them, to make sure he wouldn't do anything like end the game. I was telling the truth about being a survivor alien with a mindshield, though.

I think that the doppelgangers didn't come out because they couldn't get enough votes to overpower the town. They couldn't get enough votes because Alexhans stopped coming on, and he was a doppelganger. Masami was still active at that point. I think.

This is an excellent point, though you could just consider the case that the dopps didn't believe you (I thought it a very base trick, at best).

Quotes can be faked:

That they can.

Very amusing, webadict.  Too bad the link still links to panda's account...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:26:05 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »

Quotes can be faked:

That they can.

Very amusing, webadict.  Too bad the link still links to panda's account...
Crap! It almost worked!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2009, 05:15:36 pm »

Anyway, I did some thinking, and I'm voting for Zaithemaster.

Why? Because I suspect that Meph's automated role assigner would have given the dopps atleast ONE power role, and warden seems like a safe bet.

PLUS, if he is indeed a doppleganger psychic warden, and he's left alive, then the town can't win, period.

What I mean by this is: if we do manage to guess correctly again, then that means there are two dopps, two town, and WA the exty.

Now, if one of those two dopps is a psychic warden, then if one of the town are killed, then the dopps win, as the the warden can continue to roleblock WA as they kill the last person, forcing ties where need be.

HOWEVER, if the warden is killed, and assuming we have two regular dopps, then victory is still possible, if somewhat bleak.

Assuming that WA is telling the truth about being able to take two nightkills to eliminate, then that gives the dopps incentive to actually attack WA, because in the case 2 dopps vs. Extermintator alien & one town, then there it's a tie, as it would take two nights to kill the dopps and it would take two nights to kill WA.

If the dopp warden is killed off, then the dopps have no choice but to eliminate WA, or else failure is guaranteed.

Forcing the dopps and WA to face off is the only way the town is gonna win.

Plus, his determined fervor to attack me was awfully suspicious.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2009, 05:54:11 pm »

If I am lynched, the town will lose. And not just because of my role; because I'm an active townie, though I do believe I am the only townie with the power to block a night kill, as long as I block the person that the Dopps choose to be the killer that night.

As for Alexhans. If Alexhans is a Dopp, then he is likely to be the one that the Dopps choose to be the night killer, due to him being the most expendable as he is not active. However, last night I blocked Alexhans, because of this exact reasoning (ask Frelock). The Dopps seemed to have used a different person to kill Pandar, a person with a Mind Shield. Which would explain why blocking Alexhans (most expendable Dopp should they attack a PWV) didn't work, even if he is a Dopp.

The reason I didn't immediately vote Alexhans was because I didn't think the vote would pass, and I didn't want to inform or even hint to the Dopps of my night strategy of blocking Alexhans, should the vote not pass and he was a Dopp.

Also, remember. I had no hand in killing any of the people who could have checked me and proved my innocence. But Josh did. More reasons to vote for him. Don't even try to pin the consequences of what you did on me, bub. That along with the fact that you never made any effort to try and prove your innocence (indeed, even admitting to lying to me) until now are the main reasons I am suspicious of you.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2009, 06:03:11 pm »

Of course I lied to you Zai, I needed to get you to cooperate with the town base, but I didn't quite fully trust you. I never knew the identity of the detective, which I told you I did, that doesn't seem like quite a big lie to me.

Also, I gave you evidence, but it just passes right through you as you go "Pft! That's not evidence! Give me REAL evidence!", so I ask, WHAT will constitute evidence to you?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2009, 06:10:37 pm »

Also, I gave you evidence, but it just passes right through you as you go "Pft! That's not evidence! Give me REAL evidence!", so I ask, WHAT will constitute evidence to you?

I already accepted your "evidence" (in quotations as it could have been faked). In my last post, I said you made no effort until now (the reason I changed my vote to Masami).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:43 pm »

... Hmm...

Alright then.

If I am lynched, the town will lose. And not just because of my role; because I'm an active townie, though I do believe I am the only townie with the power to block a night kill, as long as I block the person that the Dopps choose to be the killer that night.

As for Alexhans. If Alexhans is a Dopp, then he is likely to be the one that the Dopps choose to be the night killer, due to him being the most expendable as he is not active. However, last night I blocked Alexhans, because of this exact reasoning (ask Frelock). The Dopps seemed to have used a different person to kill Pandar, a person with a Mind Shield. Which would explain why blocking Alexhans (most expendable Dopp should they attack a PWV) didn't work, even if he is a Dopp.

The reason I didn't immediately vote Alexhans was because I didn't think the vote would pass, and I didn't want to inform or even hint to the Dopps of my night strategy of blocking Alexhans, should the vote not pass and he was a Dopp.

Also, remember. I had no hand in killing any of the people who could have checked me and proved my innocence. But Josh did. More reasons to vote for him. Don't even try to pin the consequences of what you did on me, bub. That along with the fact that you never made any effort to try and prove your innocence (indeed, even admitting to lying to me) until now are the main reasons I am suspicious of you.
I don't understand. What happened?

I already accepted your "evidence" (in quotations as it could have been faked). In my last post, I said you made no effort until now (the reason I changed my vote to Masami).
As opposed to when? Never?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 03, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »

... Hmm...

Alright then.

What parts would you like explained further exactly?

...Sure? The words I used were "never made any effort to try and prove your innocence until now." However, I had a bit in parenthesis between 'innocence' and 'until now.'

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 03, 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

... Hmm...

Alright then.

...Sure? The words I used were "never made any effort to try and prove your innocence until now." However, I had a bit in parenthesis between 'innocence' and 'until now.'
I mean did it say you were Mind Shielded?

Also, you forgot that the Warlock can be stopped if the other side had a Protector, which would make sense with bob_smith missing the Nightkill.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »

And there was no need for chaotic_josh to prove himself before that. So that makes plenty of sense.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 03, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

... Hmm...

Alright then.

I mean did it say you were Mind Shielded?

No. Though it was a longer PM than usual, it held no more actual information than usual. It just said I renewed my psychic energy, went and hid behind the corner of a neighboring building, said the rite, let the bonds of power drop over his house, and went home.

Also, you forgot that the Warlock can be stopped if the other side had a Protector, which would make sense with bob_smith missing the Nightkill.

That is true. I forgot. This makes me revealing my night plan even more useless. <.<

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 03, 2009, 07:05:48 pm »

Psychic characters are not informed if their power is blocked by a Mind Shield. I might change that for the next game,  but for now that's the case.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:05 pm »

Assuming that WA is telling the truth about being able to take two nightkills to eliminate, then that gives the dopps incentive to actually attack WA, because in the case 2 dopps vs. Extermintator alien & one town, then there it's a tie, as it would take two nights to kill the dopps and it would take two nights to kill WA.

Remember when bob_smith died? I think he was targeting the exterminator.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35