Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: MRTQ- Knights & Knaves: Challenge Phase 3  (Read 28032 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MRTQ- Knights & Knaves: Camp Phase 1
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2009, 01:10:15 am »

((OOC: Damn, I wanted to be able to be like "Hahaha, I told you he was a warlock but you didn't listen, etc."))

((Also, they (including Pandar) totally are going to try and kill me. Just watch.))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:05 am »

I like how Sir Inaluct decided to change the topic when I pointed this out.

I'm going to be off the computer dealing with that I appear to have given myself diarrhea through food poisoning on-and-off all night, by the way. If I give a slow response, you know why.

But for all my demonstrations regarding how him having observed me being any sort of Warlock are impossible, that was still merely a secondary argument.

I maintain that he must have chosen to shoot me before receiving any supposed information.

Slytherionion, thou art still saying that I am describing your camp phase action. I am not.

How many times must you repeat this falsehood, knave?

Reply to what I asked you to reply to, not the point that I conceded was secondary to what I asked you to reply to.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2009, 05:11:21 am »

I think that the camp text strongly implies that the hospitalier was involved, I mean look.

Sir Sytherion had met him whilst sneaking round the bandits, but that a crossbow bolt hadst struck him from nowhere afore he could charge the bandits. The knights mourned for their loss, and returned unto their camp. However, the next day, they did find Sir Sytherion sleeping in his tent, bandaged yet well.

Looks that way to me.  I don't really see the point if its just flavor.  I vote Inaluct.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:07 am »

Pandarsenic. Just to make it balance.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2009, 05:22:12 am »

I am watching this with interest. And popcorn.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2009, 06:06:36 am »

Pandarsenic. Just to make it balance.
If you had kept with No Lynch it would also have been balanced.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2009, 05:24:35 pm »

So, let's examine this situation closely.  Inaluct claims that all of the writings are flavor text, Pandarsenic claims that they aren't. 

Now, if Nuke's storytelling actually reflects events that happened, it seems pretty clear that "Sir" Inaluct is the culprit.  Sir Sytherion was with a caravan guard when he was struck down, pretty clearly not performing feats of evil magic.  Then he was shot with a crossbow bolt, and presumed dead.  Except the very next day, he was at camp, bandaged and well.  Someone must have saved him since a man on the verge of death is unlikely to be able to sneak back into camp, and treat his own wounds, and then put himself to sleep, without anyone noticing.

Of course, if Inaluct is to be believed then all of this is simply flavor text.  Do realize what than means if it is true?  It means that the feedback we get at the end of our phase is completely useless, since Nuke's story doesn't actually accurately portray the actions of the players.  Thus something like this is kinda pointless:
However, so as to safeguard the group, I propose that Sir Slytherion be the one who leads the charge, with the hospitallier healing him. That way we can keep an eye on him. And by charge, I mean the next Challenge Phase.
If we can't reliably discern actual player's actions from flavor text, then having Sir Sytherion lead the charge won't do anything, since we can't trust that the feedback we get reflects anything that the players did, rather than just being flavor text.

Anyway the game that I signed up for should have been able to take place entirely IC.  I don't want to play a game where we delve into pointless discussions about "flavor text".  From an IC perspective there can be no doubt that Inaluct is an assassin, and because we are playing MRTQ and not regular mafia, I believe that is the best justification we can get.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2009, 07:43:19 pm »

((OOC: Way too much bickering over semantics, some hard evidence is needed.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2009, 03:48:12 am »

The day grows short; soon thou must return to thy quest. Decide within 24 hours who to kill, or do not kill at all.
Current score is:
No lynch: 2
Inaluct: 2
Pandarsenic: 1
In this situation, no man shall die, for there art a draw.
Long Live United Forenia!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2009, 11:38:05 am »

After much thought upon the doings of late, I too believe Inaluct to be a half-pence knave.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2009, 04:08:20 pm »

I am going to have to go Inaluct(Sorry  :P, You always seem to be mafia, sometimes)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2009, 06:25:17 pm »

Farewell, dear assassin. It'll be nice doing the next challenge without your treachery.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2009, 08:59:06 pm »

Hmm.

The grudge that the proletariat bears against your tainted blood will someday be your downfall. Mark my words. Our time will come.

Wait, were squires also nobility? Forget what I said.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »

Knights! Please, lay down your arms! While I am quite certain it is not Pandarsenic that is a knave, Inaluct may also be innocent! I urge you to vote No Lynch, as in this, we may yet win even if the knaves are in our midst! We shall deal with them after we complete the quest!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:00 pm »

Ahem. unvote.

No lynch.

Seriously, check Pandarsenic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21