Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some Mods I have whipped up  (Read 1848 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Some Mods I have whipped up
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 09:52:54 am »

Have you been regenning the world after those changes?  It could be once worldgen determines they are peaceful no amount of post gen modding would change that. 

My own Orcs are hostile 100% of the time with just [ITEM_THIEF] I would think babysnacher would be more powerful than that.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 11:04:17 am »

make sure the [INTELLIGENT] tag is removed as well

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 12:00:20 pm »

Yes I have regenned as for the intelligent tag, goblins have it in vanilla and still war with you so I doubt that is the problem.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 12:59:05 pm »

[INTELLIGENT] implies [CAN_SPEAK] so it is overriding that trick to keep them aggressive.  Goblins can be at war in vanilla but are often times not.  Remove [INTELLIGENT] and regen and it should work. 

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 01:02:33 pm »

nope not working... here is what they are currently
Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Entity
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They war with elves, humans, and dwarves just not the Dracans... always friendly when I start up a fortress next to them.

EDIT: I am regenning and I even deleted the files in the data/objects file and still got nothing. Heck I even redownloaded the vanilla df, copy and pasted the raws to see if it was something I did to the init file to see if it still wouldn't work.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »

What do you mean by friendly?  They may not say WAR on the embark screen but that doesn't mean they won't attack.  They should have a red line though.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »

Actually I was embarking right on top of the towers, there was a red line screen in the site selection screen but upon embark they are all marked as friendly and don't attack. In the legends I'm not seeing any wars between the dracans and orcs either.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 01:16:18 pm »

Ahh.  Anytime you embark right on a civs sight they start as friendly.  They will all turn against you once the first siege comes though.  In legends mode, might just be bad luck or they were not near enough to each other.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:01 pm »

nope not working... here is what they are currently
[snip]

They war with elves, humans, and dwarves just not the Dracans... always friendly when I start up a fortress next to them.

EDIT: I am regenning and I even deleted the files in the data/objects file and still got nothing. Heck I even redownloaded the vanilla df, copy and pasted the raws to see if it was something I did to the init file to see if it still wouldn't work.

Currently, embarking directly on a site will always cause things to be friendly. It's a known bug.

Your Orcs also have [BABYSNATCHER], which means that they will first send thieves, then ambushes, and not sieges until you hit 80 population. Not very orcish at all.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:18:43 pm »

Great so I have been adjusting and changing things again and again when there was no problem whatsoever... Oh well, I'll put them where I want them then upload a vanilla 40d9 with the raws in it for yall to enjoy.

EDIT: Links in the first post now
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:49:29 pm by mission0 »
Pages: 1 [2]