Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC  (Read 25587 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty Million Miles From Home OOC
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 09:55:30 pm »

I should probably also mention the ship systems think she's 19 and have some high position that is classified at a level of security implemented only for software testing purposes that wouldn't even let the head of state accesses the data, and wouldn't let anyone ELSE know what level of security it is. Yea, hacker.

(I hope I'm not godmoding)

Ninjaedit: :( please? She's not only a minor in name, she actually IS a child, and insane, not just a superhuman adult in a child body. She is way not emotionally capable of a combat situation, and while her skills regarding information is extraordinary other skills like physical and social are at a normal level for a 10 year old. Also, it would HIGHLY surprise me if anyone working whit computers at that age DOESN'T have such an implant, the only reason I even mentioned it at all was that others might disagree and that most probably doesn't get it at 9.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 09:59:36 pm »

-.- Armok.

Must be realistic. Must be at least semi-serious. I don't want to see your forum personality popping into here.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 10:01:24 pm »

[I am the Workerdrone]

No. Having the computers see her as 19 and give her some outrageous security clearance? That's retardedly overpowered.

So, basically, you want to play this relatively uninteresting character that basically just wins all situations involving computers? No.

Also, her not having the nerves for combat isn't a balancing feature at all. No one's character has that; they're inexperienced.

Your character is disgustingly overpowered. Get out of my thread.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »

EXTERMINA-

I mean, will WorkerDrone be giving us each individual starting posts?

Also, will he link this thread in the first post of the IC thread?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 10:06:37 pm »

Um, I don't think I will be playing (because playing as a female character when you are a male is a bad idea) but...if I was going to play:

Name: Mary Sue
Deck: Bridge
Bio: I was a perfect child. Everybody loved me and showered me with praise. Then they realized how uninteresting I was, and abanonded me. I was forced to sign up in this military, just to live. Maybe my womanly charms would sway all the men on this ship.

...It didn't work. And now I'm stuck on the ship with no useful skill whatsoever. Whatever happened to my perfectness? Where's my author?

InaluctDrone, approve or reject? I bet it will be rejected for it being totally unserious in nature, though...and I'm sorry. I just felt it to be applicable.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 10:09:44 pm »

Sorry, not approved. It's a comparatively entertaining character, but it's coming in after sign ups have been closed, and it's tongue in cheek; not srs business enough.

It's funny, though.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:44 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 10:21:26 pm »

It's more realistic than the rest of the setting, and I'm very serious, and she wont automatically win any situation that has to do whit computers, just those that have to do whit easily hackable computers (E.I. badly protected civilian stuff, stuff connecting to the ship main computer that she spent weeks on hacking when she first got on-board. whit some effort she could hack most stuff that allows her to connect, but far from automatically. and anything alien is straight out because the systems would have nothing in common whit human ones.)
Also, the computer might fall for her trick, but if any officer actually comes to examine it in person she's in big trouble. The only reason she managed to get the main computer hacked in the first place was a combination of hard work and luck.
I don't see how it's overpowered, unless the entire place if full of easily hacked robots she cant do much in a military environment beyond spreading misinformation, which she probably wont think of doing in any consistent way.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 10:22:58 pm »

Wow this is turning out more like gaia online then I first thought.
How about everyone calm down and get stuff straight for all of us ignorant to the ways of OCC topics.

Whats so bad about Armoks character by the way? Dont you like level seemingly overpowered characters in a rpg?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:25:13 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 10:25:03 pm »

No, look; being little and emotionally immature is not even close to be enough to make me allow your character's outrageous skills, especially when everyone else has to play people fresh out of basic training. And you have a security clearance higher than a head of state?

Really, it's far less realistic than the rest of the setting. No.

It is my duty to strike down the Xeno, the Mutant, and the Heretic. I will preform it to my fullest ability, until either all of them have been killed, or I have died. I will have faith in the Emperor protecting my soul, just as my Power Armour protects my body. With Chainsword, with Bolter, I shall fight on, and never retreat. Never falter. Never Fear.

Should I Charge The Enemy, Fight With Me! Should I Retreat, Kill Me! Should I Die In Battle, Avenge me!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 10:29:50 pm »

No, look; being little and emotionally immature is not even close to be enough to make me allow your character's outrageous skills, especially when everyone else has to play people fresh out of basic training. And you have a security clearance higher than a head of state?
Like I said, couldent you just level her skills down to normal levels?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:32 pm »

Like I said, couldent you just level her skills down to normal levels?
The thing is, then she'd be a normal ten year old girl. None of the characters have special skills.

Also, she can't get in right now, anyway. Applications are currently closed.

It is my duty to strike down the Xeno, the Mutant, and the Heretic. I will preform it to my fullest ability, until either all of them have been killed, or I have died. I will have faith in the Emperor protecting my soul, just as my Power Armour protects my body. With Chainsword, with Bolter, I shall fight on, and never retreat. Never falter. Never Fear.

Should I Charge The Enemy, Fight With Me! Should I Retreat, Kill Me! Should I Die In Battle, Avenge me!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:54 pm »

Alright, lemmie get the anger out of this thread with my super logic. Now available on the SNES.

This game appears to be based around characters that start with little to no skill. Thus why my character could not be a vehicle engineer. We are all skilless useless grunts. By having a hacking ability, you have given your character a skill.
 There. Nothing bashing the character itself. It is just for this RP.

Edit: Curses! My mediation has been rendered semi-useless!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:18 pm »

Alright, lemmie get the anger out of this thread with my super logic. Now available on the SNES.

This game appears to be based around characters that start with little to no skill. Thus why my character could not be a vehicle engineer. We are all skilless useless grunts. By having a hacking ability, you have given your character a skill.
 There. Nothing bashing the character itself. It is just for this RP.

Edit: Curses! My mediation has been rendered semi-useless!
Ehh you tryed, and yeah...

The main point is that the ranks are full. I mostly unhappy about the OOC and IC topics. They dont seem necessary, from what I've seen the other RP games only need only one topic, and they do just fine.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 10:41:06 pm »

I don't see any harm in it, but I agree we could very easily do without them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18