Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 813356 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Über update! "Danke, Dummkopfs!"
« Reply #5790 on: June 23, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »

Apparently you get a hat from somewhere I saw.

"Not big surprise."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:00 pm »

and the update is in.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: June 23, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

Hurm.

Should I consider playing this game?

That depends on how much you like shooters.

The answer is yesyesyesyes I get to see you more on steam <3<3<3

If I was on steam more often...
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: June 23, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

The problem is, now that people aren't buying the game they're going to add in more items that you have to buy. Not just the normal hats and weapons, but stupid bonuses like "Buy this and do +20% more damage!". I have been worrying about this since the Manconomy update came out, this is one of my favorite games after all.

Except everything just about has been tradeable, boxable, giftable, with the exceptions of the few uber rare items, and able to be randomly found.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: June 23, 2011, 09:24:55 pm »

That depends on how much you like shooters.

The answer is yesyesyesyes I get to see you more on steam <3<3<3

If I was on steam more often...

Hohoho.  My great love of Metal Gear has inspired me to come try this sometime.

Just wait until I get home and have non-janky internet :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: June 23, 2011, 09:27:21 pm »

The problem is, now that people aren't buying the game they're going to add in more items that you have to buy. Not just the normal hats and weapons, but stupid bonuses like "Buy this and do +20% more damage!". I have been worrying about this since the Manconomy update came out, this is one of my favorite games after all.

Except everything just about has been tradeable, boxable, giftable, with the exceptions of the few uber rare items, and able to be randomly found.
Hats. 'Nuff said.

Also, how do you find items? Is it completely random? Because I'd rather not have a basic shotty from now till the day I die.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:21 pm »

I can't even begin updating my copy. Is there a special "Update my Game" button anywhere?
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: June 23, 2011, 09:29:53 pm »

Hats. 'Nuff said.

Also, how do you find items? Is it completely random? Because I'd rather not have a basic shotty from now till the day I die.

Get milestones with achievements, trade, craft, completely random find.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

Drops, explained better than I could.

Also, I have mixed feelings about Free-to-Play. If they don't botch it with Pay-to-Win weapons I don't really have a problem with it, except that I bought the game quite recently. I better get a bitchin hat or something for having a "Vintage" copy of TF2.

Also, update finished as I ate dinner YESSSSS

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:23 pm »

Do I need to wait on the "preparing to launch" screen for another 20 minutes, or is there a better way to do this?
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: June 23, 2011, 09:34:39 pm »

Haven't seen MtM yet, but saw an article about it being Free to Play. Crazy man.

Wait, what happens to everybody who already bought it?

Just to elaborate a little more: I promise, it loads if you're patient! (Or, in honour of MtM, if you are a patient.)

Free players can't get cosmetic items from drops - weapons still drop randomly, but hats and the like won't. Free players also only get a 50-slot backpack, can't craft some items (which, we don't yet know, but probably hats are off-limits), and they can only receive items in trades or via gifts (can't give away items).

You can upgrade a free account to a paid account with any purchase. Near as I can tell, this means you can create a new account, buy one item (perhaps a key), and you're then allowed to trade said key to your main account, along with all the spare weapons you've picked up. I'm sure there's something hindering people from making dozens of accounts to idle with, but Valve only mentioned tracking hackers using multiple accounts to avoid bans.

Oh, and people who paid for the game previously get a "Proof of Purchase" hat. So, yeah, I guess that formally means even TF2 has TF2 promo items!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:51 pm »

Haven't seen MtM yet, but saw an article about it being Free to Play. Crazy man.

Just to elaborate a little more: I promise, it loads if you're patient! (Or, in honour of MtM, if you are a patient.)

Free players can't get cosmetic items from drops - weapons still drop randomly, but hats and the like won't. Free players also only get a 50-slot backpack, can't craft some items (which, we don't yet know, but probably hats are off-limits), and they can only receive items in trades or via gifts (can't give away items).

You can upgrade a free account to a paid account with any purchase. Near as I can tell, this means you can create a new account, buy one item (perhaps a key), and you're then allowed to trade said key to your main account, along with all the spare weapons you've picked up. I'm sure there's something hindering people from making dozens of accounts to idle with, but Valve only mentioned tracking hackers using multiple accounts to avoid bans.

Oh, and people who paid for the game previously get a "Proof of Purchase" hat. So, yeah, I guess that formally means even TF2 has TF2 promo items!

Minimum purchase for Steam Wallet is $5. There is no way to buy any item without having at least $5 down

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: June 23, 2011, 09:39:48 pm »

Minimum purchase for Steam Wallet is $5. There is no way to buy any item without having at least $5 down

I don't know if they've changed it recently, but at least in the past, that was incorrect. You can only add $5 or more to the wallet, but at the Mann Co. Checkout, if you don't have enough money in your wallet you get the option to add exactly the amount required.
Either I was misinformed, or something has changed. Disregard this.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:42:11 pm by Thexor »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: June 23, 2011, 09:40:51 pm »

No, the minimum to add is 5$. But in the ingame TF2 store some items are below that, like 99 cent weapons.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: June 23, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

No, the minimum to add is 5$. But in the ingame TF2 store some items are below that, like 99 cent weapons.

...huh, you're right. I could've sworn there was a different option, but I can't see it now. Never mind, $5 it is!
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 774