Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814505 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

You don't just need one medic, you need two or three.  You need to be constantly healing yer heavy to stand up to the dual rapidfire sniper turret.  At least they haven't patched that bug where it  can't headshot yet, so now would almost be yer best bet.

Just make sure you have a really good pyro around though, no matter how much healing you dump into your heavy he ain't gunna survive the quad crocket blasts.  Yer pyro needs to be really good with the timing of his airblast to reflect them.  If you have a REALLY good team yer guard dog will keep yer pyro and heavy supplied with ammo as well.  You don't wanna have to break off the attacking for ammo with that sucker's hpregen.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

And do remember to have a good Demoman around, so that he can use AoE attacks to take out any engineer minions that thing summons. Those things can play out that battle like crazy. Although if you have a soldier with a sufficient Crockets are Such BS skill he might be able to stand in there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Greiger, I always preferred the two-engie method of dealing with ammo for that part, plus I often find they're more useful earlier. If you're not familiar with it, while the heavy tanks you have two engies run up behind him and build dispensers. This provides a little extra healing for them as well and lets you eliminate the guard dog from your party since he's pretty lackluster up until this point anyway. Also, the engies can take turns alternating between repairing and doing ammo runs if the dispensers aren't enough.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

So where does the level 50 lunchbox come in? And would a low-level run be possible if a spy sapped it for a few seconds at the start of the fight?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spies are generally useful on turret-based enemies but the engineer minions I mentioned can really wreck any spies that try for this battle. And while one could make a party around a demoman clearing the engineers to allow the spy to sap the sentry, it is generally a lot riskier than a heavy/medic engagement.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spies are generally useful on turret-based enemies but the engineer minions I mentioned can really wreck any spies that try for this battle. And while one could make a party around a demoman clearing the engineers to allow the spy to sap the sentry, it is generally a lot riskier than a heavy/medic engagement.

Note, that this is less of a problem with a higher level spy, although aggro more than one engi, and he's screwed too. And don't count out the Direct Hit build soldiers. While they're less effective in the AoE department, they're not nick-named sentry crackers for nothing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:17:25 am by returntonull »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The entire point of bringing the soldier is to clear the way for the spy so the sentry won't get off any shots. If you don't clear the way for the spy then you may as well just bring a heavy, because that soldier will get the snot shot out of him. Although having him along for the heavy ride would work out alright.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure trying to out-heal the sentry is a good idea. Wouldn't it make more sense to bring a Scout with Bonk to distract it? Once Valve makes the thing headshot again, you might as well forget about putting a Heavy in front of it. Even with 3 Medics attached, the thing will just plow through the Heavy, not to mention that the Engineers will just out-heal the damage the Heavy does. No no no, just distract it with Bonk and have a Demoman lob some grenades to clear the summons and a DH-wielding Soldier to actually kill the thing.

Since you won't be bringing a Pyro, keep an eye out for the Spies that get summoned when you capture the first control point. Sometimes they literally appear behind you right after you get the point, sometimes they only show up while you're fighting the sentry. One of them is a Boss-Spy, he's the one with the Level 39 Noble Amassment of Hats and the Level 53 Dead Ringer. Luckily, he's using a laughably weak pair of a Level 21 Revolver and a Level 23 Knife, but that doesn't make him easy! It's very hard to keep him dead and he WILL backstab you if he gets the chance. It might be a good idea to farm him for awhile to get his mid-level Dead Ringer, they go for about 1 Refined, 2 Reclaimed on the open market. Don't bother trying to get his Amassment, there are easier places to get higher level Noble Amassments. If you get his Level 12 Camera Beard, nobody will pay you for that garbage. Just trade it with the NPC's to remake one of your other hats.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

It's useful to know the Level 53 Dead Ringer regenerates in almost exactly 8.48 seconds. If he dies sooner than that from his last cloak you know he's dead for good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Edit: Also is it just me or are these minor updates huge in size. My connection to steam, as it is through a university, is only 5kbps. I can hardly play anymore with these minor updates coming out every two or three days. I have to leave my computer on for half a week to actually update the game.

One of the last minor updates revised a couple of maps, which meant re-downloading those maps.  Also, some new equippables.  The maps thing probably won't be normal at least, so minor updates should be smaller.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

WHAT ARE YOUR USERNAMES SO I MAY REQUEST A FELLOWSHIP OF COMRADES BETWEEN THE MEDIUM OF OUR COMMUNICATION CALLED STEAM.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

doct0rz

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

simmura

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Cliff Racer <3 Curly's Panties

If that doesnt work, try "Tradanbattlan"
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 774