Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 778188 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

P.S. I've seen people with levels of basic weapons above 1. How do they get the levels higher and what does that higher level mean?

Items randomly dropped with random levels for a short period a while ago. Though the numbers mean absolutely nothing, they are sort of collectors items now.
High-five for anyone who has a Level 50+ Lunchbox

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've played maybe 30 hours, probably a total of 15 of those hours have been since hats existed on TF2. Got my first hat the Pyro's fireman hat the other day. Wheee.

Edit: Also is it just me or are these minor updates huge in size. My connection to steam, as it is through a university, is only 5kbps. I can hardly play anymore with these minor updates coming out every two or three days. I have to leave my computer on for half a week to actually update the game.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:51:01 pm by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Myroc, actually, that's exactly how i got MY Pile of hat.

I wonder where they came from.

Probably the same thing that happened this recent update. A day-ish before the update arrived people got "Unknown Item #" in their backpacks. Which is probably what happened with you guys, and when the update came out it appeared without notice. But that's just a guess..

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've played maybe 30 hours, probably a total of 15 of those hours have been since hats existed on TF2. Got my first hat the Pyro's fireman hat the other day. Wheee.

Edit: Also is it just me or are these minor updates huge in size. My connection to steam, as it is through a university, is only 5kbps. I can hardly play anymore with these minor updates coming out every two or three days. I have to leave my computer on for half a week to actually update the game.
My internet at home is 5KB/s and I can't even connect to steam with it. :/

Although, in the US at least, universities generally have absurdly fast internet. Even at a community college I got 2MB/s down over the wifi, and several times that on a landline.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Myroc, actually, that's exactly how i got MY Pile of hat.

I wonder where they came from.

Probably the same thing that happened this recent update. A day-ish before the update arrived people got "Unknown Item #" in their backpacks. Which is probably what happened with you guys, and when the update came out it appeared without notice. But that's just a guess..

Got mine a month or so back, so that's out of the question.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I have a Level 43 Lunchbox. Is that good enough?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My internet at home is 5KB/s and I can't even connect to steam with it. :/

Although, in the US at least, universities generally have absurdly fast internet. Even at a community college I got 2MB/s down over the wifi, and several times that on a landline.

It's not so much that it is a slow internet connection, more that the university are shaping downloads from steam. Playing on servers is fine as they are not reduced in speed.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I have a Level 43 Lunchbox. Is that good enough?
No, you have to have a level 50 lunchbox equipped to beat the boss at the end of 2fort.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Really? So what is this boss? I'm guessing a level 3 sentry with sniper rifles instead of machine guns.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I also forgot I have the professional's panama. Ballin' hat, but I'd much prefer the headband.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really? So what is this boss? I'm guessing a level 3 sentry with sniper rifles instead of machine guns.
They're +2 rifles. You should still be fine if your Heavy can take the aggro.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I also forgot I have the professional's panama. Ballin' hat, but I'd much prefer the headband.

I will trade a Tyrant's Helm, Soldier's Stash, Modest Pile of Hat, or Towering Pillar of Hats for a Master's Yellow Belt when trading comes out.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Do I get a medic buddy to take it down?  ;)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I get a medic buddy to take it down?  ;)
Well you shouldn't start if your group doesn't have a medic.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Level 70 Medic LFG  :P
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 774