Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815198 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: ETF2L Highlander Tournament?: "Gotta move that gear up!"
« Reply #2325 on: April 09, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

Quick note: If you're going to be in the tourney, you need to have a mic.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 09, 2010, 03:24:45 pm »

I just bought TF2 for 10$ at Best Buy. I haven't installed it yet. Any recommendations for a first time player or is there a wiki or something? I've already read up on the various classes on some website a few months ago, and watched some of the meet the team videos at the same time (which were awesome, my favorite is the Heavies or the Scout's)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »

I just bought TF2 for 10$ at Best Buy. I haven't installed it yet. Any recommendations for a first time player or is there a wiki or something? I've already read up on the various classes on some website a few months ago, and watched some of the meet the team videos at the same time (which were awesome, my favorite is the Heavies or the Scout's)

Start by playing as Heavy, Soldier, or Medic. They're good classes for beginners. Eventually, try all the classes. Even if you find one you like, play them all for awhile. I'm not a good Pyro, but I love playing as one.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 09, 2010, 03:49:25 pm »

Start by playing as Heavy, Soldier, or Medic. They're good classes for beginners. Eventually, try all the classes. Even if you find one you like, play them all for awhile. I'm not a good Pyro, but I love playing as one.

You know, I've never been able to get behind the soldier. All the other classes I have some general skill in, and I excell at a few, but I just CAN'T play a soldier for the life of me.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 09, 2010, 03:50:15 pm »

Can you rocket jump?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 09, 2010, 03:51:08 pm »

kind...of...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 09, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

I'm a pretty beast soldier.

I can rocket jump and juggle people no problem, just gotta learn to aim at people in the air better.

I use my shotgun a lot as well, which you should.  I'm in North America though so no dice.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 09, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »

I have a mic, currently it's only attached to half a headset though so I'll have to selotape it to my ear or something. =p

Alternatively I could just buy a new one but that seems like too much effort.

Anyhow in all seriousness I will have a mic and we should probably make a new thread for tournament planning and stuff
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 09, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »

You know, I've never been able to get behind the soldier. All the other classes I have some general skill in, and I excell at a few, but I just CAN'T play a soldier for the life of me.
Same here, I just can't get the aim right on the rocket launcher, and I just blow myself up rocket-jumping. Probably because I stink at FPSs: the spy does not play like an FPS. 8)

The easiest class for beginners is probably the pyro. You're practically guaranteed a kill or two per life, though they are still much more effective when skilled. And I will backstab you whenever possible...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2334 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:43 pm »

You know, I've never played Highlander before. Is it basically just Arena mode but with one of every class, or something?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 10, 2010, 01:18:00 am »

I'm GMT+10.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 10, 2010, 01:44:47 am »

You know, I've never played Highlander before. Is it basically just Arena mode but with one of every class, or something?

Highlander just restricts it so your team can only consist of exactly one of each class.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 10, 2010, 02:00:32 am »

Same here, I just can't get the aim right on the rocket launcher, and I just blow myself up rocket-jumping. Probably because I stink at FPSs: the spy does not play like an FPS. 8)

The easiest class for beginners is probably the pyro. You're practically guaranteed a kill or two per life, though they are still much more effective when skilled. And I will backstab you whenever possible...
Nah, easiest is probably heavy. Pyro can be kinda hard.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 10, 2010, 03:33:17 am »

We tried the training thing when the Mini-Tournament thing was going on and then we really didn't know how to train so it was pretty weird. I think the easiest and best option is playing some matches with and against each other on TF2Lobby, Jakkarra showed me that and it's an incredibly easy way to play Pick-Up Games and makes it possible to get reliably back to a game after a crash and everything.

I agree a separate thread might be good for this tournament, but should it be in "Play with your buddies"? Anyway, I'll get on that when I finally get home.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 03:35:04 am by LASD »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 10, 2010, 04:01:48 am »

Nah, easiest is probably heavy. Pyro can be kinda hard.
This I shall disagree with. While a pyro needs to jump into the fray and get too close for their skills to handle, the Heavy is basically a walking magnet for backstabs and headshots. Ultimately you'll attract more attention and fire as a Heavy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 774