Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nobody want's to come with me :(  (Read 5058 times)

Rain908

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobody want's to come with me :(
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:44:39 pm »

As the title suggests I'm having a problem to recruit men to me party. But absolutely everyone rejects me. At first I tought okay, maybe I need to proove myself. After a few characters I finally finished the hardest and only quest ''to kill the giant''. And when I went to the mayor and told him about my success and he started praising me how I was a champion, but nobody still didn't want to come with me. Not even the peasents. I know that you're supposed to recruit drunks at the beginning, but there aren't any. Probably removed at the latest version. I can't get any further without any help and I really don't feel like throwing a rock at the ground 600 times.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:51:54 pm by Rain908 »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody want's to come with me :(
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 01:06:40 pm »

What?  Of course peasants won't come with you.  They're workers, not adventurers.  You need to recruit soldiers.  Not guards.  Drunks are useless.  You don't have to recruit them from the beginning.  A fresh adventurer can hire most soldiers you come across.

Edit:  I'm sorry, that seemed a little rude.  But you should carefully consider whether or not you want companions; they can have a habit of getting in your way.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:08:18 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:10:46 pm »

I played as a megabeast once.

200 notable kills, OF MY NATION'S ENEMIES, and nobody was willing to join the legendary machine of death and destruction.

So I did some quests, and effortlessly ripped the heads off of some giants, ettins, et cetera. STILL nobody came with me.

I decided to teach them what it meant to disrespect the most dangerous thing in existence.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:12:49 pm by Vincent »
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 01:17:47 pm »

Were they soldiers, guards, or civilians Vincent?  The game is hardcoded so that only soldiers will join you, no matter what you do.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rain908

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:19:21 pm »

What?  Of course peasants won't come with you.  They're workers, not adventurers.  You need to recruit soldiers.  Not guards.  Drunks are useless.  You don't have to recruit them from the beginning.  A fresh adventurer can hire most soldiers you come across.

Edit:  I'm sorry, that seemed a little rude.  But you should carefully consider whether or not you want companions; they can have a habit of getting in your way.

But they never come with me, just tell me what kind of a weakling I am. And yes, i'm trying all those marksmen and swordsmen and NOT guards.

Mikko

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 01:20:02 pm »

But they never come with me, just tell me what kind of a weakling I am. And yes, i'm trying all those marksmen and swordsmen and NOT guards.

Maybe megabeasts are hardcoded to not get friends :<

I'm sorry for this horrible offtopic question, but has anyone seen any drunks lately?
I saw the last one like 3 versions ago...

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »

I've seen 'em.  They're a lot less common, but they can still be found.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

hactar1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 02:09:00 pm »

I think it has to do with your stats, not your reputation.  Doing mayor quests is just "something to do", I don't think it gains you any respect in-game.

Power up your guy/gal first, and then people will want to join you.  If you're legendary in a fighting skill, even elite soldiers will ask to join.  I think, essentially, soldiers will join you only if you're more skillful than they are.

Mikko

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »

I think it has to do with your stats, not your reputation.  Doing mayor quests is just "something to do", I don't think it gains you any respect in-game.

I am... Quite sure that you DO get reputation from killing important stuff (read: anything that isn't wildlife). You earn nicknames, and if I am not terribly wrong, by my experience you get people join earlier.

Vincent

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you really butcher this kitty?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 04:36:37 pm »

Were they soldiers, guards, or civilians Vincent?  The game is hardcoded so that only soldiers will join you, no matter what you do.

I was asking soldiers. not guards, soldiers. Axemen, Swordsmen, Marksmen and whatnot.

I had earned the title "The strength of fliers".
[CREATURE:VINCENT]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [liKES_CATGIRLS]
   [NOCTURNAL]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:18 pm »

Only people with high Adventuring status will join you normally (or at least that is how it is supposed to work)

I am sure recruiting people will become much easier, and by easier I mean make more sense, a little bit on. Heck there is a a few quips on adventurer parties in the Devs right now.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 08:48:50 pm »

Oh yes, my fresh adventurer's highest skill's level is "skilled."  The skills that you start with could have something to do with how much you have to do to get a good party together.
Just so I remember

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 12:59:23 am »

AFAIK, The higher your fighting skill(s), the more powerful the people you can recruit. And the more quests you complete, the more people you can have in the first place.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 02:57:38 am »

I found an elf drunk. lost in the middle of the wilderness all alone, and definitely not at his forest home... he joined me. and died, like all the others.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Zander J

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:40 am »

I found an elf drunk. lost in the middle of the wilderness all alone, and definitely not at his forest home... he joined me. and died, like all the others.

i found an elf drunk as well. i was unaware of their existence. silly elves, drowning themselves in river spirits, trying to be dwarves...
Quote from: Toady One on January 21, 2012, 09:22:43 pm

Dwarves are still stupid.
Pages: [1] 2 3