Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Mafia Game - The end  (Read 33839 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game - Night 1
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2009, 01:52:55 pm »

Which still places the only finger of evidence pointing at shades.

Is your only evidence that someone who voted for me died? You do realise other people voted for me and even more questioned my motives? Wouldn't it have also been spectacularly dumb of me to target one of those voters as well? So you think I'm not only a ninja but a stupid ninja at that? To be honest I'm not sure which is more insulting.

Nice to see that we have no more information that day 1 now, oh.. wait.. wasn't that what I predicted a no lynch would cause..

I will probably vote tomorrow as I want time to see if I can read anything into how people have reacted and voted so far, does anyone know how long we have to discuss this?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2009, 02:07:58 pm »

Hm? Changing your vote midway through? Perhaps supressing a muffled 'damn'?

PERHAPS YOU WILL ATTEMPT TO SEND ONE OF YOUR NINJA BUDDIES AFTER ME TOO?! EH DAIMYO?!

I ACCUSE!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2009, 02:10:17 pm »

Which still places the only finger of evidence pointing at shades.

Is your only evidence that someone who voted for me died? You do realise other people voted for me and even more questioned my motives? Wouldn't it have also been spectacularly dumb of me to target one of those voters as well? So you think I'm not only a ninja but a stupid ninja at that? To be honest I'm not sure which is more insulting.

Nice to see that we have no more information that day 1 now, oh.. wait.. wasn't that what I predicted a no lynch would cause..

I will probably vote tomorrow as I want time to see if I can read anything into how people have reacted and voted so far, does anyone know how long we have to discuss this?
I go with the evidence at hand. The evidence is that webadicts action was to vote for you, and flintus had no action. So no, my only evidence is not that someone who voted for you died, but that someone who died voted for you.
I have no evidence as to your intelligence, or for that matter the intelligence of ninjas.
But surely ninjas would have self-preservation at heart? Self preservation and random murder.
You have one less enemy; two random people have died, and even now you claim that had we lynched someone at random yesterday, we would be better of? I do declare that your last words were porely chosen; the evidence against you piles up! Unless you have a better suggestion, I say that you, shades, should suffer your own "information gathering" lynching!
Damn ninja!

Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2009, 03:04:14 pm »

As requested I will prolong the second day

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game - Day 2
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2009, 03:47:18 pm »

I don't much like voting for Shades right now because voting a group of people all reaching conclusions rather quickly I am putting suspicion on my self, but I have had my earlier suspicions of Shades and so am going to vote for him. To die.
Edit: Voting with a group of people. Not voting a. I forgot the with.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:51:04 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2009, 03:50:21 pm »

current votes:

wehtamjd92 - 3
Shades       - 5

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2009, 03:57:56 pm »

But surely ninjas would have self-preservation at heart? Self preservation and random murder.

So you manage to figure that a self-preservation act for the last night would be the action that is most likely to cause people to lynch me today. Talk about twisted logic.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:38 pm »

So you manage to figure that a self-preservation act for the last night would be the action that is most likely to cause people to lynch me today. Talk about twisted logic.
It is the only lead we have, and as you have said, random votes are most likely to find ninjas. Didn't you even volunteer yourself to die so that the 'ninjas could be discovered'? A way to protect your status of being a ninja, or a freudian slip?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2009, 04:31:41 pm »

Don't masquerade with the guy in Shades, oh no.
Don't masquerade with the guy in Shades, oh no.

I wear my sunglasses at night,
So I can, so I can....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2009, 07:54:34 pm »

Well.  I read the entire post looking for leads.  Some thoughts about it:

mmm. I just had an enlightment...  One of the ninjas must have promoted himself as Daimyo.  Trying to gain the necessary votes to lynch innocent people.  So basically everyone who promoted themselves are suspicious (including me, but I shall prove you otherwise through my actions).
Quote from: Karlito
                  You fools! Our shogun has been murdered.  A policy of idleness
                  now will only lead to our demise. A_Fey_Dwarf has already
                  proven himself to be familiar with these ninjas and it was he
                  who convinced you to follow this path of apathy.  Clearly he
                  is a ninja, attempting to sow discord.
This was a strange vote as I noted earlier, because a_Fey_dwarf had not even received a role yet.  That comment was from signing up time.
Quote from: Shades
                  I can only state that I'm not I can't prove it any more than
                  you can. But if you believe I am please vote for me, I would
                  prefer that than you not voting. At least it stops those ninja
                  hiding and will force them to either vote or comment rather
                  than hiding in the shadows. We must find out who they are and
                  the only way to do that is with information, if my life is the
                  price of getting that then so then so be it.
I'm glad your voting and I'm happy to die for the town if it might help us find even one ninja the next day.
Well. This two comments are farfetched. Daring others to sacrifice oneself as a proof of inocence always looks as a scummy (ninja-ish) strategy.
Quote from: NUKE9.13
                    But surely ninjas would have self-preservation at heart?
                    Self preservation and random murder.
                  So you manage to figure that a self-preservation act for the
                  last night would be the action that is most likely to cause
                  people to lynch me today. Talk about twisted logic.
He is right. Shades seems to be an experienced player who wouldn't commit such blunder.  Especially being almost lynched yesterday.
Quote from: wehtamjd92
                  Well thanks Worker drone...a lot.  But I see your argument
                  nuke 9.13 and shades does seem more suspicious now that I
                  think about it, his name even sounds ninja-ish. So I change my
                  vote to shades.
is wehtamjd92 taking advantage of the bandwaggon against shades? He hasn't explained yet his earlier vote...

If wehtam was in league with shades he wouldnt vote for him when so many people are doing so.  If one of them is a ninja, It Isn't probable the other is too

unfortunately, we seem to be bandwaggoning again and that might helps ninjas. We must think hard to solve this problem. All contributions are gladly welcome.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »

is wehtamjd92 taking advantage of the bandwaggon against shades? He hasn't explained yet his earlier vote...

If wehtam was in league with shades he wouldnt vote for him when so many people are doing so.  If one of them is a ninja, It Isn't probable the other is too

Exactly but as for the earlier vote it was gut feeing which as always is shot down by a good argument.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2009, 11:34:19 pm »

Stuff.
Who do you think is a ninja? You don't think Shades is one, and are wary of voting for wehtam, so what do you think?
I've played some mafia.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2009, 01:59:07 am »

I don't know if you guys ever played mafia in RL, but usually the optimal strategy for the mafia is to sit in a corner and avoid drawing excess attention to themselves while the townspeople tear themselves apart. Penguinofhonor has been particularly quiet today, just like a ninja would be.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2009, 02:22:57 pm »

we have 10 votes and 3 more to vote, including the daimyo.
Current votes are:
Wehtamjd92      3
Shades             6
Penguinofhonour 1

I will wrap up this overlong day in a few hours.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2009, 02:28:22 pm »

well if I vote Wehtam and there are still mafia without voting they will likely untie to their favour... So I will have to stick with Shades lynch and make it irrevocable.

Vote Shades
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14