Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3624517 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #2985 on: July 07, 2009, 11:53:56 pm »

That is only vaguely what I am refering to.

For example one of my suggestions was that a god could have many roles and jobs that they could deligate on a creature.

For example Hades has to protect the underworld and he deligated Cerberous to do it. Thus making it Cerberous' job. (Alright that isn't EXACTLY what happened... but you know what I mean)

That and for creatures whom are not gods to fill in roles that gods are not doing. For example the Three Fates.

Though I guess this brings up gods who are too invested to take followers such as Atlas the Titan.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:00:40 am by Neonivek »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 08, 2009, 12:43:44 am »

A few months since I've posted here, and tons of changes have come about. Things are sounding like they are shaping up nicely, and I'm still as excited as before.

Though I know the direct numbers are misleading, I did just do a swift direct comparison of the number of completed items to the number or unfinished items. Estimating depending on color for items that were listed as partially implemented (either 1/2 or 1/3). Assuming everything on the list is equally important, equally time-consuming to code, and will remain in the next release... we have approximately  110.5 of 189 items complete on the list, or 58.6%

:(

Not knowing toady, some of those items will take next to no time at all when he gets to them. However, even at that it's still depressing how much there is yet to go.

Either way, I'm still eagerly waiting for the next release. Good luck, keep up your Beyond Quality work.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 08, 2009, 01:26:18 am »

110.5 of 189 items complete on the list, or 58.6%

Keep in mind that the List doesn't include the first four months of work on this release.  Assuming work was going just as fast those four months, it's more like 70%.  That predicts a November release, which... is maybe slightly farther off than I'd estimate, but not by much.  Anyway, yeah, it's just number games.  The only real prediction I'd make is that it's at least two months away.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 08, 2009, 01:41:47 am »

Well it also doesn't include the things that were added but not to the list while he was working and things that arn't going to be done for this release.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 08, 2009, 01:47:09 am »

After taking a step back and looking at all the features that will be added with this release, it almost feels unreal.

The game itself will be almost completely changed with the body raw's, which further allows crazy modding work, and the squads and medical care will give the player a fighting chance against the crazy monsters players make (chicken liver colossus anyone?)

And the spoiler area is just sounding so fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 08, 2009, 01:55:35 am »

^

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:27 am »

^

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 08, 2009, 02:27:25 am »

Well a little bit gaming and Story-telling theory: The more things you rename in one or another way the less understandable becomes your Story to the reader/player. A extreme example would be "A borgly borgle borgles his borgle around."

If toady writes "Bunny-man" or maybe "Fox-man" everyone understands that a anthropomorphic Animal is meant. If he would write "Usagi" or "Kitzune" (the Bunny- and Fox-people from japanese Myth) most people would plainly think "wtf? what are these things?".

You could thought include these Race-names in language files for example so your cat-people call themselfs "Basts".

Also i wouldnt call them Moreau-ian creatures as long we dont get more about their origin from threetoe. DF's Animalman dont show any form of degeneration in comparsion to the "Moreau-ian creatures" :P they even develop weapons in the next version.
And hey with magics i wouldnt be surprised if some elven druids, human shamans or whatever morphed by free will in Animal-men.

IF I WERE A DEEP ONECARPMAN...
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 08, 2009, 03:33:24 am »

I'll be happy as long as there's an update by Christmas.

Halloween or Thanksgiving would be fine too though.

"What, why would I be shopping on Black Friday? The new DF is out!!!!!!!!!!!"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 08, 2009, 01:37:13 pm »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 08, 2009, 02:06:30 pm »

Keep in mind that the List doesn't include the first four months of work on this release.  Assuming work was going just as fast those four months, it's more like 70%.  That predicts a November release, which... is maybe slightly farther off than I'd estimate, but not by much.  Anyway, yeah, it's just number games.  The only real prediction I'd make is that it's at least two months away.

Ow...November?  :-\ .. and a like 5-6 months ago we thought that we can play with the new version in ~may 2009. Ah well, patience is a virtue!  :)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 08, 2009, 02:45:01 pm »

Not right now it's not

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 08, 2009, 03:19:50 pm »

Yeah. Everyone's really jonesing for the new release. If something isn't done soon, chaos will ensue.

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 08, 2009, 04:47:42 pm »

Ow...November?  :-\ .. and a like 5-6 months ago we thought that we can play with the new version in ~may 2009. Ah well, patience is a virtue!  :)
my original estimate was december of this year, my current prediction is january of next year, unless toady decides to cut stuff to get it out in december, frankly i'd prefer to wait a month.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 08, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »

Well, it's really for nought, because it's gonna be out when it's out. All we've had to do is read the tantalizing updates on the devlog. Toady has actually had to bust his ass to code the sections that he then has to write tantalizing updates about. Besides, if you really want to see patience, sign up for a turn at Eternal Halls fort.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1065