Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3639382 times)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15870 on: March 31, 2010, 07:47:53 am »

Well, Toady already released a screenshot of the way butchering works now in that you will get every organ thats in there, poportional to size I think, so yea monkey heart stew is possible for example.

do you have by chance url of that sshot? thx!
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

jfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15871 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

Well, Toady already released a screenshot of the way butchering works now in that you will get every organ thats in there, poportional to size I think, so yea monkey heart stew is possible for example.

Here
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: March 31, 2010, 08:52:32 am »

Here

Prepared... elephant... brain?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: March 31, 2010, 08:55:25 am »

Here

om nom nom nom

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: March 31, 2010, 08:59:37 am »

Here

om nom nom nom
reserved. For nobles only.

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15875 on: March 31, 2010, 09:01:39 am »

I'm hoping the naming will eventually turn into something tastier sounding.
'Cat Steak', ''Ground Horse Meat' or even 'Elephant Surprise' would be so much more appetizing.

While very informative; 'Prepared Elephant Intestines' just doesn't do it for me.  :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:03:33 am by MathijsBuster »
Dwarves: Death from Below!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: March 31, 2010, 09:10:11 am »

Prepared elephant intestine just means that its been cleaned of its contents and generally cleaned all around. I think thats what it means anyway.

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: March 31, 2010, 09:17:35 am »

Prepared elephant intestine just means that its been cleaned of its contents and generally cleaned all around. I think thats what it means anyway.

You are right, of course. Cooking doesn't happen in a butchershop.
Still wondering what the final meal names will be, though.
Dwarves: Death from Below!

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: March 31, 2010, 09:28:54 am »

I'm hoping to set up some custom reactions to create more specific food types, handled as ungrowable, seedless plants. Intestines and some other meat, for instance, could be made into sausage, while tendons and bones could be used for stock, as suggested before. I think that the kitchen can be used for custom reactions now, so you could even have it done at the proper workshop.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #15879 on: March 31, 2010, 09:34:25 am »

I'm hoping to set up some custom reactions to create more specific food types, handled as ungrowable, seedless plants. Intestines and some other meat, for instance, could be made into sausage, while tendons and bones could be used for stock, as suggested before. I think that the kitchen can be used for custom reactions now, so you could even have it done at the proper workshop.

I would imagine that any food containing intestines would be called sausage by default (even if it is prickle berry sausage). Likewise, any food with tendons and bones would get called soup.

chewd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: March 31, 2010, 10:08:22 am »

I have a question for Toady..

Could you, instead of mucking around on the forum, go ahead & put out the new version today instead?

That'd be awesome!

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:43 am »

Could you, instead of mucking around on the forum, go ahead & put out the new version today instead?

That'd be awesome!

Not very nice.
Also from what I observed Toady visits the forum every day, even if he doesn't post. You don't expect him to just code and code and do nothing else, do you? Everyone needs a break from time to time, even when the release is co close.
It will be released when it is ready.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:18:28 am by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: March 31, 2010, 10:23:00 am »

That'd be awesome!

Not very nice.
Also from what I observed Toady visits the forum every day, even if he doesn't post. You don't expect him to just code and code and do nothing else, do you? Everyone needs a break from time to time, even when the release is co close.
It will be released when it is ready.
Well for all we know he could be jumping on the forum when the code is compiling :p, but seriously this is his job, he is his own boss he knows what he is doing
Thank you based dwarf.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:33 am »

I would imagine that any food containing intestines would be called sausage by default (even if it is prickle berry sausage). Likewise, any food with tendons and bones would get called soup.

I highly doubt it, not for this version. I imagine we'll be stuck with the Biscuit/Stew/Roast combination regardless of what is in the food.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: March 31, 2010, 10:29:09 am »

I highly doubt it, not for this version. I imagine we'll be stuck with the Biscuit/Stew/Roast combination regardless of what is in the food.

Just like England =D
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1065