Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636353 times)

Fictionpuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15030 on: March 23, 2010, 03:35:03 pm »

Please stop giving them ideas.  This won't end well for anyone involved.
I predict that within the next 500 pages, the folks all hung-up on the page-number thing will come to realise the futility all on their own accord, and thus the problem will resolve itself.

Darkerson

• Bay Watcher
  • Join the Cult of Toady today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: March 23, 2010, 03:43:55 pm »

good luck with that prediction
Core i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, 2GB Geforce GTX 770, 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Asrock Extreme3 Gen3, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x2 (RAID0), Samsung 2TB + 64GB Agility 3 (Intel RST Cache)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: March 23, 2010, 03:45:24 pm »

Why? Within 500 pages the new version will be released(probably), and most likely not on an important page number.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: March 23, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »

Predicting Predictions Predictiveness?

Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Virtual Russian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: March 23, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »

I really have to recommend giving 2D dwarf fortress a try if you didn't play it when it was the current version.  It is brutally hard, definitely worth a try.  It also a really nice break from the easy 40d stuff.  I can run a really good fortress in 40d with my eyes closed.  I'm on my 4th 23a fortress and I think maybe this time I will make it to winter.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:40 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: geology, biology, psychology, numerology.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: March 23, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »

...sociopathy, schaedenfreude, violence, alcoholism...

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:47 pm »

Why? Within 500 pages the new version will be released(probably), and most likely not on an important page number.

That's what we said on pages 400-600 :P
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Nuclearjohnny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: March 23, 2010, 04:05:28 pm »

...Psychotic fish, Hippie Elves, Particle-Accelerator Drawbridges, more alcoholism

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: March 23, 2010, 04:55:27 pm »

...Psychotic fish, Hippie Elves, Particle-Accelerator Drawbridges, more alcoholism

and you still dont know where that sock has gone!

Anyway we should get a decent topic again. I wonder for example if the underground animal-man can wander from map-tile to map-tile. I also wonder if the new UG create tunnels etc under oceans too. This would mean that we dont need to swim across oceans.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:59:37 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »

Well, the last several pages show this topic has clearly outlived its usefulness. Time to lock it and move on, I think

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: March 23, 2010, 05:00:54 pm »

offtopic i know, but i was wondering, tfaal, where's your avatar coming from?
Glad you asked! It is from the wonderful comic Gunnerkrigg Court, which you should all read from the beginning, because it's awesome. The specific comic it's from is here.

I just wanted to let you know, that comic is awesome.
You made me addicted. Again.

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: March 23, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »

Anyway we should get a decent topic again. I wonder for example if the underground animal-man can wander from map-tile to map-tile. I also wonder if the new UG create tunnels etc under oceans too. This would mean that we dont need to swim across oceans.

Have we thoroughly discussed the concept of carpmen? Because.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: March 23, 2010, 05:08:05 pm »

Well, the last several pages show this topic has clearly outlived its usefulness. Time to lock it and move on, I think

Right. Toady has himself said that he wants to avoid such megathreads - on the other hand it was usefull for getting questions answered regarding changes in the new release. A Fotf for bugfix releases would be a bit much but for releases with multiple feature additions it would be recommended.
Thus i say we wouldneed a new Fotf but with a different infra-structure. For example would it be very usefull to document all "question answering" posts in the op.

This thread has us also enlightened on some of the inner workings of df which was definitely a very nice thing.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:12 pm »

Right. Toady has himself said that he wants to avoid such megathreads - on the other hand it was usefull for getting questions answered regarding changes in the new release. A Fotf for bugfix releases would be a bit much but for releases with multiple feature additions it would be recommended.
Thus i say we wouldneed a new Fotf but with a different infra-structure. For example would it be very usefull to document all "question answering" posts in the op.

This thread has us also enlightened on some of the inner workings of df which was definitely a very nice thing.

While I would agree with you, its not yet time to lock it and move on as the new release hasn't come yet.
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1065