Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3630853 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12450 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:07 am »

It is calculable what the minimum reqs are (the cores list which they need) and there are at least as many bloats as in present version.

Care to go check how many?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 10:04:42 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

diefortheswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: February 12, 2010, 10:24:24 am »

The joke is that during then entire development of Duke Nukem Forever the development staff refereed to it as (Do Not Finish).

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: February 12, 2010, 10:32:39 am »

I hope we get a devlog today :3
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:41 am »

The joke is that during then entire development of Duke Nukem Forever the development staff refereed to it as (Do Not Finish).

Thus, Duke Nukem Forever's initials being DNF, and Dwarf Fortress' being DF, Dwarf Fortress actually means 'Do Finish' or 'Did Finish.'  Incontrovertible proof that Toady will finish the game!

seigenblues

• Bay Watcher
  • bamf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:12 am »

Who was that who said that every time he gets up and doesn't see a devlog, he dies a little inside?  Yeah...

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but Toady hasn't been taking his end-of-month weekend days since December, right?  I'm gonna start really worrying about him burning out if this dev cycle takes much longer :(

GO TOADY GO.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: February 12, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but Toady hasn't been taking his end-of-month weekend days since December, right?  I'm gonna start really worrying about him burning out if this dev cycle takes much longer :(

He hasn't been taking them since July.  I'm sure he'll take a real break after the release is out and the crucial bugs are fixed, though.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:36 pm »

* dorf ponders how to donate spa tickets...

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: February 12, 2010, 12:34:52 pm »

* dorf ponders how to donate spa tickets...

Buy and post mebbe?

I'm normally quite happy when there isnt a devlog update (despite how much I enjoy reading them)
Time spent working on DF is better spent than time spent writing about working on DF IMO
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: February 12, 2010, 12:48:12 pm »

hehe new devblog.And i was pondering to donate a sword - made by a friend who is Blacksmith. I have the money around for the moment.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:02 pm »

hehe new devblog.And i was pondering to donate a sword - made by a friend who is Blacksmith. I have the money around for the moment.

You'd have to talk to the post office about that one. I'm sure it'll take a fuckload of bubble wrap, though.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »

Probably best to use a flat rate box for that sort of thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: February 12, 2010, 02:09:44 pm »

Well we discussed chain-knitting earlier so maybe we can get a 2 fullblown sets of Armor and weapons to toady and threetoe.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: February 12, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »

Now that we have a way to handle injuries better I want to see more sources of injuries. Dwarves working the forge should have a 1% chance of shattering their fingers from a bad hammer strike.

I support this idea. Workshop accidents should be rare but exist. It would also provide some practise for the doctors.

I like this idea, but I think that the chance of injury should be inversly proportional to te skill level of your dorf... since we don't have crafting failures (you WILL get what you queue up, eventually), that means an unskilled dorf will more likely injure himself and delay the creation of what you are crafting... more incentive to give your starters points in relevant skills to reduce injury, and as you expand what your fort can produce, train dorfs in new skills, etc, it will generate a steady stream of injuries to train your doctors on.

Mostly this should apply to skill agnostic activities like charcoal burning, milling, and so on, since quality levels are already a reward for high skill levels.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: February 12, 2010, 02:52:20 pm »

Well with the new body-system around and diseases i guess we get enough injurys from tantrumers thought i would like to see too that the dwarfs go emo instead of tantruming and cut themselves. I mean everyone has its own way to deal with the crap around you.

Proud to be a Furry.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: February 12, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »

Actually, I have a question for Toady now that I think of it.

Right now when I have a 2-tile opening for a pit/pond so that multiple dwarfs will grab from it, one of which is the well itself (or even if it's NOT the well tile, but the tile next to it), the stupid-as-hell dwarves - regardless of where I set their water-gathering sites, will pull water from the well and then dump it into the pond endlessly.

Is this something that can be fixed, i.e. have the dwarves not pull from a water source that is directly connected to the pond itself? Having to forbid the well when you've got wounded dwarves is a serious dwarf-killer.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1065