Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638601 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15525 on: March 27, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »

It's official. Korea is now the coolest country in the world. They have super small computers that can play DF, and the ability to annihilate anyone in starcraft.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15526 on: March 27, 2010, 06:40:20 pm »

Also, I've heard that DF has a few problems with Windows 7, or is that just with the OpenGL stuff that Baughn is doing?

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15527 on: March 27, 2010, 06:41:42 pm »

I just downgraded to XP this week. It's so much better. My computer came with Vista, and I put up with it for a long time because it was so much faster than my old one, despite how much memory and processing power the OS hogged. I haven't played DF on it yet (saving myself for the new version), but the performance of everything else I've tried has improved significantly.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #15528 on: March 27, 2010, 06:42:03 pm »

It isn't completely unplayable without keypad, now wassit?
If is is, that explains why I haven't played on my netbook since I resolved the resolution problem better than me being too hardworking to get distracted by DF.

lol imagine reading the forum in letters 2 mm high! ;) (rather: >< squint)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15529 on: March 27, 2010, 06:42:35 pm »

That can not be good for your eyes.

I can't focus on things more than about two feet from my face, so a small screen up close actually reduces my eye strain XD

It's a ridiculous 1024x600px btw. Amazingly crystal-clear.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15530 on: March 27, 2010, 06:43:18 pm »

Microsoft is also no longer supporting Vista and XP for free.
What do you mean?
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15531 on: March 27, 2010, 06:44:20 pm »

Also, I've heard that DF has a few problems with Windows 7, or is that just with the OpenGL stuff that Baughn is doing?

I have Windows 7. On my old PC that had XP, regular DF was faster than the d#. When I started using this new one ith 7, regular was slower, and d# faster. Figured that was because of the different processors or graphics cards, or something.

Edit:Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. Hate that.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15532 on: March 27, 2010, 06:44:49 pm »

I just downgraded to XP this week. It's so much better. My computer came with Vista, and I put up with it for a long time because it was so much faster than my old one, despite how much memory and processing power the OS hogged. I haven't played DF on it yet (saving myself for the new version), but the performance of everything else I've tried has improved significantly.

I'm talking about upgrading to Windows 7, not downgrading.

@Monkeyfetus: My uncle dennis said that you have to pay if you want suppourt for XP or Vista.

Edit: The @ was in response to a different post, heh. Kept getting the warning a post has been made while you were typing thing as well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:48:12 pm by smjjames »

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15533 on: March 27, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

i am running DF on 7, works beautifully, at least compared to Vista.

although getting the graphics to work was weird. i had other games running well, and then i had to get another graphics driver again, and then it did. i don't know.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15534 on: March 27, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »

What?! How the heck does anything that small possess almost the same resolution as my full-size laptop?!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15535 on: March 27, 2010, 07:01:22 pm »

Df has been getting fatal errors consistently after I updated from Vista to 7. Kind of a bummer.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15536 on: March 27, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

Really? I'll try the upgrade out though, my computer has been acting wierd today and I think I'm convinced to upgrade to Windows 7.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15537 on: March 27, 2010, 07:17:30 pm »

Df has been getting fatal errors consistently after I updated from Vista to 7. Kind of a bummer.

Strange. That has nothing to do with either Windows 7 or DF I imagine. Must be your install or some other mysterious thing.

Anywho, Windows 7 runs DF perfectly on my little old laptop. Indeed, I don't notice that much of a difference (maybe 4-5 FPS on a mature fortress) between my laptop and my desktop running a stripped down version of XP.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15538 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:03 pm »

Theres many reasons besides DF running better on Windows 7 to upgrade to it from Vista.

Anyways, thats what I kind of thought, that it was the computer rather than Windows 7.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15539 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:23 pm »

What?! How the heck does anything that small possess almost the same resolution as my full-size laptop?!

This is an artifact netbook. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is made of pink plastic and encircled with bands of chrome. On the item is an image of Intel Atom processor.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.
Pages: 1 ... 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 ... 1065