Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)  (Read 35893 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperium Nova (space opera browser game)
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »

Houese Moesring, Capricorn Galaxy

Looking for a husband for any of your family members?

Actually, yes I am. My eldest daughter needs a husband. She's: (An idle, ordinary individual of great artistic ability. She is an average duellist and administrator)

My best nephew is a dynamic, ordinary individual. He is an average duellist and administrator named Lev JAROSŁAW. Unless my leader pumps out a son soon, he'll probably be the next head of the house of JAROSŁAW.

Sound good?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

Houese Moesring, Capricorn Galaxy

Looking for a husband for any of your family members?

Actually, yes I am. My eldest daughter needs a husband. She's: (An idle, ordinary individual of great artistic ability. She is an average duellist and administrator)

My best nephew is a dynamic, ordinary individual. He is an average duellist and administrator named Lev JAROSŁAW. Unless my leader pumps out a son soon, he'll probably be the next head of the house of JAROSŁAW.

Sound good?

Done deal.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2011, 09:26:46 pm »

I thought someone may be interested in this. I've started keeping track of my house expenses so I can identify areas I need to improve, so I adapted one of the office budget templates and imported it to google docs.

Anyone can make a copy of it and use it for their own purposes or improve upon it.

Here it is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

Nowhere can I get a simple list of planets in range, I have to zoom out and manually move the map around and write them down. There is not a simple list that I've found of planets, populations, etc. The interface could just be made so much better and more user friendly.

The influence screen accessed from the HQ page only lists planets within your range. I have to agree that the interface is horrible though. Some players are working on a IN inspired game that expands upon the original concept and improves the UI.

Also, I've made and tried to maintain a Planetary Database for Galaxy Draco. Once you get it set up you can just update each time the population or economy booms or lowers on a planet. I'd suggest leaving out crime rates however, as they change very quickly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:09:46 pm by Demonic Spoon »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2011, 04:56:53 pm »

Nowhere can I get a simple list of planets in range, I have to zoom out and manually move the map around and write them down. There is not a simple list that I've found of planets, populations, etc. The interface could just be made so much better and more user friendly.

The influence screen accessed from the HQ page only lists planets within your range. I have to agree that the interface is horrible though. Some players are working on a IN inspired game that expands upon the original concept and improves the UI.

Also, I've made and tried to maintain a Planetary Database for Galaxy Draco. Once you get it set up you can just update each time the population or economy booms or lowers on a planet. I'd suggest leaving out crime rates however, as they change very quickly.
I think the influence screen only shows planets on which you have influence. I realize that sounds silly, but you have no influence on planets on which you haven't built any facilities/public works.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2011, 11:47:57 pm »

No? I've seen planets on which I have no influence there. I think it's just planets in range.

LordZarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2011, 01:42:59 am »

It's all the planets you have influence on, plus any of those in range you don't have any influence on. So it can be a valuable indicator of your range, provided you realise it's possible to get planets on it out of range.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2011, 05:07:53 am »

That makes sense. I have at least one facility on every planet in range anyway.

It's still a rather obtuse user interface, but I do enjoy the game.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2011, 05:25:59 am »

Is there anywhere i can read up on this fan made INlike game?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2011, 05:44:33 am »

Is there anywhere i can read up on this fan made INlike game?
I don't have the link right now but it is in very very early planning stages, and it is only vaguely IN-like. I think they settled on a 48 minute 'day' to speed things up instead of IN's 2 hour 'day' and I guess there will be lots of detailed space combat or something.

tNok85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2011, 06:20:04 am »

What Galaxy are most people here on?

Trading seems ridiculously tedious. I've managed a way to keep track of prices pretty well, but they can fluctuate *SO QUICKLY* that I go from making a solid profit one day, to a massive loss per day in under a week (which is only 12 hours in real time).

So much for being able to leave the game for a day or two (real time) without suffering setbacks...

Edit: Wiggles, I'm on Baade as well - House Callaghan.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:28:42 am by tNok85 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

I'm in Gemini myself.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2011, 05:32:47 pm »

Trading seems ridiculously tedious. I've managed a way to keep track of prices pretty well, but they can fluctuate *SO QUICKLY* that I go from making a solid profit one day, to a massive loss per day in under a week (which is only 12 hours in real time).

So much for being able to leave the game for a day or two (real time) without suffering setbacks...

I'll recall my spies then. >.>

Also, I find that the prices for my corner of the galaxy to be rather stable. So, I rarely update my prices. Whats /really/ getting at my bottom line is the unending Kincaid pirating. Srsly. Every system is pirated. Right before Lady Kincaid did her en mass Avasting ye maties, I was making 150 solars a day, and that was growing to grow.

Also, I'm at 11 influence, and I have no idea what my second sphere should be. Everything seems so over saturated.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2011, 06:06:40 pm »

Technology is not too bad....  you'll end up falling behind the galaxy average otherwise... considering the tech is concentrated on a small number of houses...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tNok85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:27 pm »

I'll recall my spies then. >.>

Also, I find that the prices for my corner of the galaxy to be rather stable. So, I rarely update my prices. Whats /really/ getting at my bottom line is the unending Kincaid pirating. Srsly. Every system is pirated. Right before Lady Kincaid did her en mass Avasting ye maties, I was making 150 solars a day, and that was growing to grow.

Also, I'm at 11 influence, and I have no idea what my second sphere should be. Everything seems so over saturated.

Yeah... I've got three routes with a 'Good' rating and I'm doing ~$70 a day. All pirated, even though both ends of the route say 'insignificant' or 'uncommon'. Very frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23