Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: System Shock 2 problem  (Read 1598 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
System Shock 2 problem
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:07:14 pm »

I assume a lot of people on here will have played it. I'm having a problem on the Rickenbacker. I've killed all but one of the eggs, and I'm in the torpedo room. Now, I can't get onto any of the torpedoes. I've looked up a whole bunch of walkthroughs and they all just say "raise the first, second and fourth torpedoes twice and the third one once, then climb up them" like it's that easy. Problem is, you can't "climb up them." Or jump up them. Or get on them in any way whatsoever. I also tried raising the third one and then dashing to it but there's no way to make it in time.

I'm actually about to look up cheat codes because this is retarded and I'd rather go on with the game than try this for the next half hour until I come on the right way, but I just want to hear how you guys did this.

Aaaaaaaaaand none of the cheat codes are in any way useful. Awesome
Clearly, the game wasn't designed to be impossible. Is my game glitched? Am I missing something obvious? Does God hate me? What do you know about this?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:50:53 pm by Jude »
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: System Shock 2 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:19:05 pm »

Tough luck, Jude. It seems that everyone played it(including me), but not recently enough to remember the details.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:38:58 pm »

This thread can be deleted now....I'm still convinced that every walkthrough writer had their head up their ass and the game is broken, but I started cheat-summoning items until I found one that allowed me to jump the necessary height. Wooo!

Oh Jesus

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 02:30:45 am »

I ran into something like this while playing Deus Ex involving a painting/hidden door that I was able to open from the outside, close from the inside, but couldn't open from the inside.

You sure you didn't do something to screw it up? I've never played System Shock 2, so I don't know, but most of the time when something like that happens, you did something stupid that the game designers didn't expect for you to do.

popers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:29:31 am »

most of the time when something like that happens, you did something stupid that the game designers didn't expect for you to do.

yeah, in System Shock 2 that would be "survive".
It's not like I haven't tried, but building a mech out of bridges may be a tad above my engineering skill.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:37 am »

Hmm, me and 2 friends once played it through lan, oh my god that was fun. Although the save got bugged, and randomly, only me, would suddlenly fall through the ground and become a static gun floating in the air... It was very aggro, so what can you expect from such an old game? No bugs? hahahahaha :D

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:20:25 pm »

I ran into something like this while playing Deus Ex involving a painting/hidden door that I was able to open from the outside, close from the inside, but couldn't open from the inside.

You sure you didn't do something to screw it up? I've never played System Shock 2, so I don't know, but most of the time when something like that happens, you did something stupid that the game designers didn't expect for you to do.

I have no idea what that stupid thing could have been. I hadn't used any cheats or done anything (afaik) out of the ordinary up to that point.

I'm pretty baffled tbh. But I beat the game yesterday so it won't be an issue until a couple years down the line when I decide to play it again, on hard, using all hacking or something insane like that. In that case I probably won't get far enough to have to worry about this.

Oh Jesus