Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Sea kittens  (Read 24676 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Sea kittens
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2009, 02:15:09 am »

but obviously they are trying to devalue my highly unique product by comparing it with animals of a more common nature and really when it comes down to it you can sue almost anyone nowadays.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2009, 02:26:16 am »

A state where a living creature is aware of it surroundings.

"Doesn't that mean that you could sue anyone on the planet?"
"Not just people, animals too. Hell, if I wanted I could sue a fucking octopus."

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:35 am »

Hey, that octopus ripped off my 8 sided dildo.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:35 am »

ah but they counter sue because they have concrete evidence that they did in fact come before you 8 thanged widget.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »

Bullshit. My dildo was patented by me way before that Octopussy patented its tentacles.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2009, 04:50:19 pm »

Reguardless, it's an animal so should obviously winany legal battles reguardless of it's standing

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2009, 11:37:06 pm »

you guys would make terrible lawyers.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:02 am »

We're good at sarcasm though. Also, I have no respect for my fellow man so I think I could make a pretty good lawyer.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:14 pm »

Some of my arguments against excessive animal protectionism.

1) HUMANS ARE NOT SPECIAL
I'm an animal, an omnivore at that, why should I not eat meat?
Other animals are allowed to do so by PETA.
Sure this implies other animals should be allowed to feed on me. Sure, but I intend to use my natural advantages (brains and technological tools) to avoid such a fate. Any other animal with a survival instinct would!

2) Domestication is natural too:
Domesticated animals are bred, specifically with the goal of feeding humans, that is their sole purpose on earth. Without that purpose they would not have been conceived, without humans to breed, feed and protect them from natural predators. I even severely doubt any would survive past the initial generation after being left to fend for themselves, they would either be killed by predators, outcompeted or die of starvation in droves (over population/grazing).
Domestication is a form of symbiotism: selected animals gain the benefit of human protection and edge against natural competition in trade of being excusively preyed opon by humans.

2b) Good intentions pave the road to hell:
I'm always annoyed by animalists that release ferrets, minks and such fur animals in the wild. Without considdering the harm these will do when released outside their natural habitat.
killing local competitors, breeding birds etc. Like cats in Australia.
These generalist onmivores, will overwhelm local specialized animals. Natural selection sure, but human induced.

These two points combined yield one point in favour of animal rights though: (higher) animals are aware of their surroundings and themselves, inficting suffering on an aware being IS an ethical crime.
Definitions of cruelty, suffering and awareness tend to vary though.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2009, 01:16:10 am »

I once had someone argue that humans are biologically best geared to eating raw grains and fruits, just like gorillas, our closest relatives.

It was hard to be nice while correcting this person.

(For the record, I choose not to eat meat, because I don't need to, and I don't like the taste.  But I don't claim I'm doing something natural.)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2009, 01:23:25 am »

Some of my arguments against excessive animal protectionism.

1) HUMANS ARE NOT SPECIAL
I'm an animal, an omnivore at that, why should I not eat meat?
Other animals are allowed to do so by PETA.
Sure this implies other animals should be allowed to feed on me. Sure, but I intend to use my natural advantages (brains and technological tools) to avoid such a fate. Any other animal with a survival instinct would!

2) Domestication is natural too:
Domesticated animals are bred, specifically with the goal of feeding humans, that is their sole purpose on earth. Without that purpose they would not have been conceived, without humans to breed, feed and protect them from natural predators. I even severely doubt any would survive past the initial generation after being left to fend for themselves, they would either be killed by predators, outcompeted or die of starvation in droves (over population/grazing).
Domestication is a form of symbiotism: selected animals gain the benefit of human protection and edge against natural competition in trade of being excusively preyed opon by humans.

2b) Good intentions pave the road to hell:
I'm always annoyed by animalists that release ferrets, minks and such fur animals in the wild. Without considdering the harm these will do when released outside their natural habitat.
killing local competitors, breeding birds etc. Like cats in Australia.
These generalist onmivores, will overwhelm local specialized animals. Natural selection sure, but human induced.

These two points combined yield one point in favour of animal rights though: (higher) animals are aware of their surroundings and themselves, inficting suffering on an aware being IS an ethical crime.
Definitions of cruelty, suffering and awareness tend to vary though.

Amen.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:34 am »

I once had someone argue that humans are biologically best geared to eating raw grains and fruits, just like gorillas, our closest relatives.

(For the record, I choose not to eat meat, because I don't need to, and I don't like the taste.  But I don't claim I'm doing something natural.)

And thats why we accept you!

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2009, 01:29:00 am »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2009, 01:30:31 am »

If he is such a bad guy, why did he give them bibs?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2009, 01:34:05 am »

He's really fussy?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19