Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79

Author Topic: Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?  (Read 191503 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Cortex Command - What do you mean data released version 1.0?
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:23:19 am »

CORTEX COMMAND THREAD
http://www.datarealms.com/

B25 info:
http://devlog.datarealms.com/cortex-command/build-25-now-with-playable-alpha-campaign-and-no-drm/
You can also download the newest build from the Humble Indie Bundle #2 site if you have that.

Old thread

I did a search and nothing came up thread-wise. :)

Cortex Command: the brilliant team-based combat game with gorgeous pixel graphics and physics used to simulate every character, particle, and explosion in extreme detail. Although still a work in progress, it features two main gameplay modes and support for up to four players in splitscreen mode. It is sure not to disappoint fans of action-packed battles in the style of Soldat and Worms!

zalo wrote:
Grif wrote:
LOL GAIZ KNOW WHAT CC SHOULD HAVE?

SHARKS WITH LASER EYES THAT FLY BUT NOT WITH A JETPACK THEY SHOULD JUST HAVE TEH ANTIGRAVITY AND U USE UP AND DOWN TO GO UP N DOWN U NO LOLZ THAT WUD BE SUPER COOL LOL

Holy shit this game is awesome. Who else plays and what mods would you recommend?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:52:25 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

I play.  I got the full version when it dropped to half price for Black Friday weekend, but I'd already been playing since Build 20.

The new build is fucking amazing because it's the first one with functional AI.  The LUA scripting and all that is just the icing on the cake.

I haven't even gotten other people's mods yet, I'm still having fun designing my own scenes -- gigantic underground bases with carefully designed weak points so the AI as a chance -- and doing simple weapon modding.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Looked interesting, but what features does the full version have that the free version lacks?

And I have read their thread on their awesome moments. Time to see what all of this is about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looked interesting, but what features does the full version have that the free version lacks?

And I have read their thread on their awesome moments. Time to see what all of this is about.

You can play for longer than 6 minutes per round, you can use the excellent in-game editors, and you can use mods.  If you haven't played before, just get the demo, it'll be enough to keep you busy for weeks.  Oh, and tap the jetpack key, don't hold it down.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played this a while ago. Most of the people on there struck me as extremely arrogant. It was around build 15 or something like that, I stopped when it went to pay to play. It struck me as a game with decent potential but not nearly enough to warrant shelling out 20 or 30 bucks. That, and the forum community, while possessing very good modders, was extremely newbie hating. You try and suggest new ideas, they shoot you down and yell widely to code it yourself. You attempt to help or increase general knowledge in a way they don't like, they attack you. They did manage to do some nifty things with the little they were given while I played, but it just seemed like a game that the developers were hoping people would decide to make better rather then the developers making it better.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Forum is full of asshats and sometimes moderated in an asshat manner but the game itself has vastly improved over the last few builds-  there's a modding wiki/tutorials. Also, ZOMG AI that actually does shit.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I used to play it when it was free, but I didn't like it oh so much. *shrugs* Good luck tho.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any new scenarios, besides the zombie cave yet?

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

I love this game just because of how customizable it is. The physics are also epic, with calculations for every single pixel.

An example of the physics:

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how you can have your legs shot off and suddenly you become a super-mobile flying robot torso of death.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Yeah, this is a hella fun game, I've discovered it when it was mentioned in some other topic here on the forum.  8)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

The interface sucks. I got it a while ago (apparently, when it was free) and I couldn't get anything done. Couldn't make money, couldn't build anything, couldn't place so much as a single empty lander-thing without vaporizing it/my self, couldn't switch units without dying...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The part that made me moan was "You have to pay for it"

How bad is the non-full version?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you haven't played before, just get the demo, it'll be enough to keep you busy for weeks.  Oh, and tap the jetpack key, don't hold it down.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was looking more for in relation to full version...

Trying the demo... it wasn't worth it... They just make the game seem like a bunch of awfulness... which goes against what you were saying... then again it was a timed trial and I had 5 minutes left after the tutorial.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:08:25 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 79