Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065696 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27375 on: April 29, 2016, 11:02:00 am »

Yeah he's great, I have nearly every single one of his songs downloaded to my computer, and I'll just listen to them when I'm in the mood for it. My favorite is Sabin Raps.

In other news, I caved into my Pirate's Remorse and got an actual Crunchyroll account. The streaming service chokes up more frequently than I care for, but it's trying really hard to attractively sell what honestly can be nabbed for free in the backalleys of the internet, and that's honestly kinda what I need, since mustering up motivation to watch stuff is hard unless I have a 3rd party reminding me WHY something is cool and I should watch it.
I'm that patient consumer who waits until the whole season is out/the video game is 5 dollars and then watches it for free/saves fifty bucks to buy 10 more games that were new 10 years ago.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27376 on: April 29, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »

Hyadain is bae
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27377 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:44 pm »

Catching up on Koutetsujo no Kabaneri and it's great.
Bell sandals and kimono girl ditched her bell sandals and kimono and it took me a while to realise it was the same character. I miss the bell sandals and kimono.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27378 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:13 pm »

Hyadain is bae
Four Friends of the Elements <3
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27379 on: April 29, 2016, 09:36:30 pm »

I don't normally get bothered by jokes in poor taste, but the domestic abuse one in Kiznaiver, while I wasn't exactly offended or anything, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Luluco was great though.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27380 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:20 pm »

I don't normally get bothered by jokes in poor taste, but the domestic abuse one in Kiznaiver, while I wasn't exactly offended or anything, left a bad taste in my mouth.
Wait, what joke was this? I don't remember anything like that.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27381 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:54 pm »

Wait, what joke was this? I don't remember anything like that.
The bit where Tenga was about to hit Chidori and the local busybodies got involved. They tried to pull a situational joke about victim mentality. It wasn't terribly offensive or anything, but I did think it failed to be funny and was just in poor taste. To be honest I brought it up to contrast to Luluco, which is a zany comedy with the current season revolving around domestic dispute that's portrayed like this and deals with the issue in a way that is both comedic and doesn't trivialize the situation at all.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:31:37 am by Cruxador »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27382 on: April 29, 2016, 11:43:50 pm »

Picture shows man firing twice. Clearly implies men are better than women.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #27383 on: April 30, 2016, 12:06:33 am »

Picture shows man firing twice. Clearly implies men are better than women.
If you read into it any deeper you'll see that everyone is Jesus in purgatory.  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27384 on: April 30, 2016, 12:32:03 am »

Lousy papists.

In any case, I'd have to rewatch the scene from Kiznaiver to be sure, but I didn't think it was in bad taste. It was kinda dumb, but was in line with the style of the show - trivialising serious things like murder and abuse, while exaggerating other things like what's-his-name being embarrassed because he used to be fat.

That said, I might be biased - I'm really enjoying Kiznaiver (and Okada's writing in general) but dropped Luluco because I found it obnoxious.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: April 30, 2016, 01:19:14 am »

Lousy papists.

I'll have you know I'm louse-free since '93*

*probably longer

Technically I've been Pope free since... some time in the late '90s, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27386 on: April 30, 2016, 01:35:34 am »

In any case, I'd have to rewatch the scene from Kiznaiver to be sure, but I didn't think it was in bad taste. It was kinda dumb, but was in line with the style of the show - trivialising serious things like murder and abuse, while exaggerating other things like what's-his-name being embarrassed because he used to be fat.

That said, I might be biased - I'm really enjoying Kiznaiver (and Okada's writing in general) but dropped Luluco because I found it obnoxious.
We're opposite, then. I find Kiznaiver to be watchable but no better, while Luluco is great fun. You do have to really enjoy Trigger's style of humor and stylization for it, which is sometimes hit or miss, but I'm finding that it hits a lot more than it misses in Luluco, and the eight minute format works better for it than 22 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:34:36 am by Cruxador »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27387 on: April 30, 2016, 02:06:59 am »

Oh yeah, the short format is really good for Luluco. I actually wish more shows would adopt it; the only times I can think of where shorts wouldn't work are shows that are fast-paced to begin with, or highly tense or atmospheric.

You do have to really enjoy Trigger's style of humor and stylization for it, which is sometimes hit or miss
I mostly just don't like Imaishi, I think. He's pretty talented but it's not for me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27388 on: April 30, 2016, 04:32:17 am »

E2D remixed the Ema dancing song from Shirobako into a trap song, so I recut the scene to match the song.

E: Not enjoying Log Horizon or Steins;gate, but Death Parade has been riveting from the start. I liked episode 3 a lot.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:47:01 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27389 on: April 30, 2016, 07:17:46 am »

Death Parade starts to go down around episode 5, I think they started to run out of original content and winged the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 2193