Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057928 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25500 on: November 30, 2015, 03:17:16 pm »

Is that aspect of LOGH unrealistic, or is it exactly like WWI?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:22:51 pm by Reelya »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25501 on: November 30, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »

To be fair, though, and neglecting the simplification of the Great War...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:43:02 pm by Culise »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25502 on: December 01, 2015, 01:59:31 am »

Spoiler: Comet Lucifer (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25503 on: December 02, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »

Just watched "Girls und Panzer" and the extra episode which is the actual battle against the Italian School. "Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen desu!"...

Gotta say, the Anzio battle was quite fun to watch, the Italian school had Tankettes, basiclly cartanks. And the style of driving was awesome to watch, while there was a 'Sword' fight between two other tanks as they clashed barrels and made passes at eachother...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25504 on: December 02, 2015, 04:15:31 pm »

Spoiler: This week's UQ Holder (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25506 on: December 02, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »

Something something Monogatari something Hitagi?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25507 on: December 02, 2015, 07:39:04 pm »

Realistic or not, it still kinda bugs me. Its getting better where I'm currently at, since the two protagonists are more directly in control of the opposing factions, so it becomes mind games between Yang and Reinhard instead of "Let's watch the protagonist crush some newbs".
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25508 on: December 03, 2015, 03:51:23 am »

This is weird. For the first time I can remember, no new manga chapters have been released for an entire day.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25509 on: December 04, 2015, 08:51:18 am »

You know... I wonder how much people realize that One Punch man is basically a parody of the trite in anime/manga.

With characters with deep rich backstories, personalities, and motivations being sidelined by some overpowered dufus with no real connection to the plot.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25510 on: December 04, 2015, 09:26:43 am »

You know... I wonder how much people realize that One Punch man is basically a parody of the trite in anime/manga.

With characters with deep rich backstories, personalities, and motivations being sidelined by some overpowered dufus with no real connection to the plot.

I'm pretty sure that parody intention is telegraphed in the title of the show :P

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25511 on: December 04, 2015, 09:57:05 am »

I'm pretty sure that parody intention is telegraphed in the title of the show :P

I feel like it's my birthday every week it comes out.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25512 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:12 pm »

I am sad that due to the nature of the show... One Punch Man can't have someone train so hard they end up injuring themselves and making their training essentially less then useless.

Be nice to show up that "Training from hell" trope a thing or two :P

At least Prince of Tennis acknowledges this to an extent... even if they don't really show it. With a character who does extra training only for the person who given his daily regiment going "I knew you would pull something like this, so I intentionally put less training in... But if you promise to work with me, I'll give you EXACTLY the right amount you need"

---

Huh... first episode Piccolo and Venom

Second episode: Evangeleon...

And I bet I am missing so many.

---

You know what is sort of weird

I think I love One Punch Man... as being a serious anime not even as a parody. Heck I don't even find it that funny to be honest (it feels to normal to be funny at this point)

If only because, unlike a lot of animes I know of, they aren't full of themselves.

-The main character is boring and only BARELY connected to the plot? YEP! and we are proud! we aren't going to spend a billion episodes praising our shell of a main character.
-Villains doing long speels only to be easily defeated anyway? Sure! But come on! you knew it would happen.

It is actually one of the most refreshing animes I ever seen.

Heck the villains are stupid but they are head over heels a lot more creative then the vast majority out there. Heck the heroes are COOLER then most of the heroes I've seen in anime, the Ninja alone kicks the ever loving butt out of the ninjas in Naruto (a manga/anime ABOUT ninjas)

Or rather... There is a lot of style to the stuck.

---

Ok... One Punch Man...

If you weren't Japan I could let Puri Puri Prisoner go since he is such an over the top stereotype if stops even feeling like reality... but unfortunately you kind of live in a country that constantly mocks the gay community in a way that isn't unlike what you did...

Honestly One Punch Man is one of the best written shows I've seen for the longest time and is already on my top 5... But everytime I see PPPrisoner... I just feel terrible for even watching the show.

Just... stop... Japan doesn't need more Hard Gays. Yet alone one who is a serial rapist...

---

I don't think I like One Punch Man anymore...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:06:31 pm by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: December 04, 2015, 06:15:54 pm »

Neo, he's a stupid joke character in a stupid joke anime.  Does Japan deride the homosexual community?  Yes, but no more so than other popular forms of media.  Frankly, if there weren't homosexuals who do conduct themselves in the manner the character is parodying then it wouldn't be a thing at all.  Also, the serial rapist thing is not clearly defined anywhere that I can find, "attacking" someone does not specifically have to mean rape, just sexual molestation.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25514 on: December 04, 2015, 07:04:00 pm »

Neo, he's a stupid joke character in a stupid joke anime.  Does Japan deride the homosexual community?  Yes, but no more so than other popular forms of media.  Frankly, if there weren't homosexuals who do conduct themselves in the manner the character is parodying then it wouldn't be a thing at all.  Also, the serial rapist thing is not clearly defined anywhere that I can find, "attacking" someone does not specifically have to mean rape, just sexual molestation.

Yeah... I really wish you were correct in this case Null Force Omega and that everything you said was true (well excluding the joke that Rape might just mean... being sexually molested :P because soooo much better :P)

But unfortunately... No Japan is pretty dreadful when it comes to discrimination towards gays.

The joke isn't "Ha ha! what an over the top stereotype he is!" it was "Ha ha he is gay! Look how gay he is! he is sooooo gay he molest guys and was put in jail for it!"

I won't take this conversation much further then this since I find it uncomfortable and you know me I can take arguments on for days, so know I won't respond after this...

But I think Puri Puri Prisoner is indefensible... I don't think the joke was good spirited... and I don't think it came from a place that could make such a joke... and One Punch Man isn't trash enough for me to ignore it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:13:09 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 ... 2193