Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3056402 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24225 on: August 26, 2015, 08:01:45 pm »

So, Yuki Yuna was painfully obviously a reaction to Madoka. I mean, yuki even kind of /looks/ like madoka, only a sporty madoka more than a chubby goody two-shoes.

So, if Madoka and Yuki had a fight, who would win?

Could a vertex merge with Walpurgis Nacht?

Would yuki and madoka set aside their differences to fight this mega-meta-abomination

would this not be the best fanfic ever written, 30 H's style?

No, you are missing the other obvious Madoka reaction (with WIXOSS), so it's not a complete fanfic yet.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24226 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:08 pm »

1) Any Gundam fans about?

2) I heard FMA was getting a new season, but it's currently a rumour. Confirm/deny?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: August 28, 2015, 07:00:53 pm »

1) Any Gundam fans about?

2) I heard FMA was getting a new season, but it's currently a rumour. Confirm/deny?
1) Lots, you should see the thread go at times. :P (Though I'm not one of them).
2) Considering that FMA:B is literally an adaptation of the entire manga from start to end I'd say it's rather unlikely (we'd probably see a spinoff manga first). There is a "happens sometime during the middle of the show" movie that was pretty cool though, and is on netflix along with the show itself.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: August 28, 2015, 07:05:41 pm »

I've never been able to find any Gundam related stuff. Any good starting points for someone new to the series?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: August 28, 2015, 07:13:51 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24230 on: August 28, 2015, 07:15:47 pm »

Depends on where your tastes fall, really. The original series is good if you can find it. Wing is also generally well-regarded, and 00 is something of a spiritual successor to it (though it gets sorta iffy later on). SEED is pretty bad, SEED Destiny is one of the worst shows ever to air. 08th MS Team is great, and focuses more on grunt-level action rather than the sooper speshul fightan robutts and the high school kids that pilots them. ∀ Gundam is one of the weirdest of the franchise, but also pretty fun. Mobile Fighter G Gundam is basically Gundam's take on played-straight hotblooded super robots and is excellent.

More diehard fans could give you better individual summaries and cover runs I'm not familiar with. I lost all hope for Reconquista and dropped it fairly early, ferex.

e: Yeah, that image is great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: August 28, 2015, 07:18:55 pm »

I'll try to find the original.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24232 on: August 28, 2015, 07:24:57 pm »

Build Fighters is also one of the mostly weirdly competent product placement series I've ever seen. Sound direction is bloody amazing and Ramba Ral is best Gouf. Try's a bit less impressive, imo, but it's still pretty alright.

That newer one I've already forgotten the name* of wasn't entirely terrible, either. Never did finish watching, but it was amusing until that point. Also very pretty if someone sparse on the sensibility :P

... and, yeah, Super Robot Wars. Gundam's in those :V

And seconding the pic USEC posted. It's a pretty solid short summary sort of thing on most of 'em.

*And I just noticed now that was despite FD directly mentioning the name in a post preceding this one. Uh. *coughs*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:49:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24234 on: August 28, 2015, 07:50:44 pm »

... I saw that edit. Why make it go away? It sounded like an interesting proposition to someone that has no idea what the previously considered relationship between Turn A and Reco was :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: August 28, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »

...btw since you guys deserve to know, there's currently a shitstorm going on because Tomino may or may not have recently stated that he considers G-Reco to have actually occurred 500 years after Turn A. Details and confirmation/trustworthy translation pending though and the dust hasn't settled yet sooo

I was gonna wait for when the dust had settled to see what the final verdict was. But here you go since you asked.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:19 pm »

Didn't need to, but cheers none the less.

'Course, my question would be if that being true would actually help explain anything that happened in Reco :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24237 on: August 28, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

Ittttt... actually does kinda make the political situation make slightly more sense.  ...or at the very least why Ameria is still Ameria, and assuming everything rumored to have been stated in that interview is true, then the weird color wings thing the G-Lucifer did in the last episode was actually it busting out a mini moonlight butterfly. The release of the Black History Records would also provide more of a reason for people to seal away/ban certain technology with a weird mythical view of things like they did.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:46:08 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:27 pm »

Updated version

Ah, thank you very much. That'll be useful in the future, whenever someone asks about getting into Gundam. Which seems highly likely at this point in time.

Coincidently I just finished watching Zeta today. I was distracted by other stuff, okay? It was pretty great, but to me it felt as if it had one too many ideas it wanted to develop and ran out of time at the end of the series. As such the final few episodes felt a bit rushed in my opinion. Also the final episode was full of Newtype bullshittery, which I didn't like about the finale of the first Gundam either, so the series didn't end on a good note with me. Everything leading up to it was pretty great though (except for a few problem character), so I have to give it that at least. I have a feeling that I can look forward to something similar from ZZ Gundam, but I hope to be surprised. We'll see.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24239 on: August 28, 2015, 10:39:37 pm »

08th MS Team is underrated, I think. Everyone is stuck on Universal Century (Zeon has the moral high ground; EFF are Nazis) and Newtypes. We will not mention SEED. It is heresy. I do think that 00 deserves more love for its story. The whole anti-war deal is a good angle. Wing is good but way overrated. G Gundam is just freaking awesome.

"This hand of mine burns with an awesome power! It tells me to defeat you!"
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 2193