Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064480 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20760 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:38 am »

Spoiler: Build Fighters Try (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:17:13 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20761 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:35 am »

I find this relevant.
Speaking of, having finished KLK, I really wonder why there aren't more shows that have that kind of animation style, with all that short range teleportation and physics being the traditional whipping boy for that universe.
There are a few, mostly by related Trigger and Gainax people. See Dead Leaves and TTGL as examples. Also, Diebuster (which has some sort of proto-TTGL ideas in it).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20762 on: January 14, 2015, 09:13:33 am »

As I recall, Diebuster (like its predecessor) also has some pretty fantastic music. I believe that this is what is traditionally used to sell the ham and cheese.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20763 on: January 14, 2015, 09:20:20 am »

Also btw, nobody should overlook Studio Trigger's veritable masterpiece, Inferno Cop.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20764 on: January 14, 2015, 10:30:34 am »

Spoiler: Build Fighters Try (click to show/hide)

It was a good episode actually.

If there was any flaw it is that most of the "twists" and "developments" were spoiled by the opening.

That and *Gets gagged by a mob*

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20765 on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:52 am »

So I watched the first episode of KanColle on Crunchyroll. My only response is a flat "what." Lots of cute anime schoolgirls who are somehow magical human boats who can water-ski and take direct hits from cannonfire and shoot arrows that somehow turn into entire squadrons of planes? What? Whaaaaaaaat?

I mean, crazy "this is so japan" plot-line aside, it doesn't seem too bad. Only complaint I've got is that the CGI scenes look lousy in comparison to the drawn scenes. CGI is less fluid, less animated, just not that good. Breaks immersion due to the huge contrast in art-styles and rendering. Was probably necessary to animate the fight scenes like that due to budget, but still.

Also the first episode didn't really explain much of anything aside from the plot of "magical girl-boats must fight alien-boat-people from the depths of the ocean, look at all the cute anime girls we have". I don't even recall the names of the main characters. I'm sure if I knew more about the KanColle lore I'd understand more, but I don't. So yeah.

But at least there's a lot of cute anime girls. They got that going for them.

Also poi.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20766 on: January 16, 2015, 01:37:39 am »

Isn't that the series based on that web game about WWII shipgirls?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: January 16, 2015, 01:39:41 am »

Yes, yes it is.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20768 on: January 16, 2015, 01:45:57 am »

If it's shipgirls it's either that or arpeggio of blue steel, iirc. The latter... makes more sense, I think, if you're looking for sense. Haven't really looked into either all that much, though.

But yeah, kantai collection's the one based off the game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20769 on: January 16, 2015, 05:13:10 am »

There's a trend here: Upotte, Strike Witches, Girls Und Panzer, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, KanColle. It's a genre now.

Quote from: Upotte synopsis
The series takes place at a school known as Seishou Academy. Unlike an average school, all the students are actually anthropomorphized guns, training to one day become a useful weapon, and is divided up into elementary school (sub-machine guns), middle school (assault rifles), and high school (Battle rifles/sniper rifles). They are capable of drawing the weapons they represent from out of thin air and using them, and any student or her manifested gun can suffer from any gun-related problem the other might have. All students in Seishou train to shoot their target (literally) using live ammunition. The series mainly focuses on an FN FNC assault rifle nicknamed Funco and her friends with their human teacher.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #20770 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:29 am »

This sounds quite strange...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20771 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:12 am »

Also the first episode didn't really explain much of anything aside from the plot of "magical girl-boats must fight alien-boat-people from the depths of the ocean, look at all the cute anime girls we have". I don't even recall the names of the main characters. I'm sure if I knew more about the KanColle lore I'd understand more, but I don't. So yeah.

But at least there's a lot of cute anime girls. They got that going for them.

Er... Nope. From what I know/played KanColle is literally just 'Cute Anime Girls' the browser game. There's pretty much no plot beyond getting more cute anime girls and fighting evil alien boats, some of whom are also cute anime girls. And I guess there's that whole WWII theme they have going on, but it's just an excuse for having cute anime girls based on WWII ships.

In other words I was hoping that the anime would be somewhat more enlightening than the actual game, even if it was obviously going to be focusing mostly on the cute anime girls. A little bit of background would have been nice.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20772 on: January 16, 2015, 08:54:15 am »

A little bit of background would have been nice.
On 11 October 1942, in the Battle of Cape Esperance, Fubuki's luck finally ran out. She was sunk by gunfire of a US cruiser/destroyer group, off Cape Esperance at position 09°06′S 159°38′E. There were 109 survivors from her crew who were later rescued by the American destroyer USS McCalla (DD-488) and the destroyer/minesweepers USS Hovey (DMS-11) and USS Trever (DMS-16). However, Fubuki’s captain, Lieutenant Commander Shizuo Yamashita was killed in action.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #20773 on: January 16, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

*snore*
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: January 16, 2015, 02:09:36 pm »

This week's G-Reco was nice. Lots of talking with exposition mixed. Look's like the stress fro everything that's happened is starting to get to Bellri now. Especially with everything he learned this episode. I kinda like how angry he is about having all this dumped on him.

Spoiler: Also it's happening! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:14:35 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 2193