Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058208 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #20190 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:23 pm »

i fucking swear if it turns out we haven't seen his final form yet

Then it would be a retread of that cooler movie, m8
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20191 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:33 pm »

Love to hate, Serg.
goddammit my sarcasm meter is really broken
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20192 on: November 17, 2014, 05:40:15 pm »

Description for the second one is wrong. Unless they're all MtF transgendered magical girls.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20193 on: November 17, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »

That wasn't a description, it's just my comment. Outside the quote tags.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20194 on: November 17, 2014, 05:46:48 pm »

Anyone ever notice that there seems to be a WEIRD connection between child abuse and power in dragon ball Z? Or just abuse in general.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20195 on: November 17, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

Anyone ever notice that there seems to be a WEIRD connection between child abuse and power in dragon ball Z? Or just abuse in general.
It wouldn't surprise me. I knew a fanatic who treated their own lover like the fanatic was goku and the lover was Chichi.
But then again, its the same connection one can say that Sailor Moon has with girl gangs and etc.

-------------
Onto my post:
Can anyone recommend some slice-of-life, middle school or Highschool age manga/anime?
(And by slice of life I literally mean no super powers or etc, and please for the love of all existence avoid harem subthemes.)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20196 on: November 17, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »

Slice of life, if life was insane? Nichijou.

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20197 on: November 17, 2014, 06:03:49 pm »

Daily Life of Highschool Boys
It's FEF, not FEOF

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20198 on: November 17, 2014, 06:19:52 pm »

Slice of life, if life was insane?
I'd prefer as close to a real-life Japanese Middle or high school setting as possible.
Also I don't mind there being a love element, and I'm okay with Love Triangles, but I do not want suggestions with harem plots.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #20199 on: November 17, 2014, 06:22:50 pm »

Have you already watched Chunibyo?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20200 on: November 17, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

I'd prefer as close to a real-life Japanese Middle or high school setting as possible.
Well, depends on what parts you want to be close. If you want people in completely mundane settings, Nichijou has that (but with people doing pretty demented and over the top stuff). If you want people doing just normal things like normal people do, there's that too (except the characters are a kid genius, a clockwok robot and a talking cat).

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20201 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

Well, depends on what parts you want to be close. If you want people in completely mundane settings...
Yeah, that.
...and a talking cat.
and that cat being able to so much as mutter one human sound rules it out.

Have you already watched Chunibyo?
I'm just starting to get into the genre, so I haven't watch anything in it yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20202 on: November 17, 2014, 06:36:45 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20203 on: November 17, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »

Also I don't mind there being a love element, and I'm okay with Love Triangles, but I do not want suggestions with harem plots.
"My Romantic Comedy SNAFU" comes to mind. There's a love triangle, but no harem. At least not in the first season. No crazy unreal stuff either.

Daily Life of Highschool Boys
From what I've heard of this, this is also a good option.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20204 on: November 17, 2014, 07:08:18 pm »

Well I looked through some anime I watched and came up with this suggestions in order from most recommended to least (all of them have no or little unreal elements, if yes they will be noted):

Gin no Saji - Great story about agricultural high school and students learning about bacteria, farming, shoveling muck, animals and such. Pretty hot-blooded shounen with some relationships and character development :).

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - A great romance story between two characters (no harems here), and generally a classic anime show with high school setting.

Sakamichi no Apollon - A high school setting, heavy focus on music - jazz, but its set in Showa era if I remember correctly (think 30-40 years ago).

After this mostly realistic shows with focus on drama/personal development, we can have some lighthearted comedies or shows that have some kind of supernatural element:

Great Teacher Onizuka - A classic story about a new teacher in high school (former delinquent) who tries to help his students with his unique style. A great comedy with really serious moments, also it is running most of the time on Rule of cool so it isn't really authentic japanese high school experience :).

School Rumble - Greatest love comedy from high school ever written (for me), it deals with lovestruck characters and their (sometimes very) misaligned affections. Also sometimes running on Rule of cool (one of the main characters is an alien - for laughs mainly).

Minami-ke - Greatest non-love school comedy - episodic in nature, but focuses on lives of 3 sisters and their daily struggle with the world :).

K-On! - If you want a perspective from all-girls school club, with focus on playing music (but mainly eating cookies and doing nothing), this is the slice of life of them all. I hate myself for recommending it :).

EDIT:
As Reelya says, Genshiken is still recommended, but outside your defined school range. I misremembered that it started in high school. And changed K-On! category :).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:25:05 pm by aenri »
Pages: 1 ... 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 ... 2193