Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057842 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19965 on: October 27, 2014, 02:39:35 pm »

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!
Started reading a really good manga. And BAM they throw an Aerith...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: October 27, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »

Shirobako was a show I was sure was going to be terrible from the opening scene (i like to just go into the new shows blind without reading anything), but it turns out it's pretty interesting as a behind the scenes story about the anime production process.

The opening scene turned out to be just a framing device and not the main content of the show, though considering how cliched the opening was (highschool club full of cute girls) and the fact that the show is about a production team making moe anime, the opening might even be a little "meta".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:48 pm »

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!
Started reading a really good manga. And BAM they throw an Aerith...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: October 28, 2014, 12:06:00 am »

After finding a link from some other Bay12er (probably Nevyn) I started reading Fuuka. Seems cool. Jumped to unnecessary panty shots hella fast though. Like, 4 pages in Chapter 1? I know it was a plot point but still.

Also Fuuka stahp being so kawaii wen you smile plz. 3kawaii5desu-ughuuuuu-doki-doki--

Ahem. S'cool so far. Haven't read too much because I'm juggling between college work and reading pages. Seems like decent high-school-romcom-between-weird-tsundere-girl-and-quiet-loner-new-guy material. Whether the MC sits in the last desk right by the window remains to be seen.

No I didn't glimpse a spoiler detailing what an Aerith is. No, the plot totally isn't spoiled for me. Hopefully. Probably.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: October 28, 2014, 12:20:00 am »

After finding a link from some other Bay12er (probably Nevyn) I started reading Fuuka. Seems cool. Jumped to unnecessary panty shots hella fast though. Like, 4 pages in Chapter 1? I know it was a plot point but still.

Also Fuuka stahp being so kawaii wen you smile plz. 3kawaii5desu-ughuuuuu-doki-doki--

Ahem. S'cool so far. Haven't read too much because I'm juggling between college work and reading pages. Seems like decent high-school-romcom-between-weird-tsundere-girl-and-quiet-loner-new-guy material. Whether the MC sits in the last desk right by the window remains to be seen.

No I didn't glimpse a spoiler detailing what an Aerith is. No, the plot totally isn't spoiled for me. Hopefully. Probably.

Oh. Ooooohhhhh. Yeah, heard about that manga on another website.

Yeah.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:55 am »

Isn't it usually the second-to-last desk by the window, though? How else is the sorta-annoying friend supposed to lean over his shoulder?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:08 am »

Oh. Ooooohhhhh. Yeah, heard about that manga on another website.

Yeah.
Yeah. You know what I'm saying? Like. Yeah.

Isn't it usually the second-to-last desk by the window, though? How else is the sorta-annoying friend supposed to lean over his shoulder?
Yeah. You knew what I was saying though. Yeah.
The reference to the trope was understood, at least. Couldn't remember if it was the very last desk or the second to last desk.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: October 28, 2014, 01:10:54 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: October 28, 2014, 01:23:31 am »

Funny enough he sits on the corridor side and Fuuka sits one back two across. Neither are near the window...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:42 am »

All I saw was "this is a major spoiler."

lalala I'm not listening lalalala

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: October 28, 2014, 01:29:20 am »

Yeah. You knew what I was saying though. Yeah.
The reference to the trope was understood, at least. Couldn't remember if it was the very last desk or the second to last desk.
Second to Last if Character is Brooding/Genius type.
Last if Character is Comedy/Idiot type.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: October 28, 2014, 03:40:16 am »

Ok I have to ask... and I am sorry that this is such an odd question...

Does Japan believe that Black People have innate physical talents that tend to show up in them? (and likewise different races)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: October 28, 2014, 03:44:27 am »

yes because a bunch of weebs on the internet is a good measurement of opinions the entire japanese nation holds good thinking neo

but yeah black people are rare in japan so you can just turn them into muscle fairies and don't give a fuck

also: kokkuri-san decent after 4 eps, go watch it and have laughs tia

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: October 28, 2014, 03:50:10 am »

It is more a few animes... I didn't know it was... a thing

Though what you said is a good explanation. After all I live in a very metropolitan society where I can see every nationality on earth on a daily basis.

While Japan isn't.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: October 28, 2014, 04:07:23 am »

... and most anime/manga creators seem to think that all black guys are named Bob. Usually there's 1 token black guy, and there's about a 50/50 chance of him being called Bob.

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php/manga.php?cid=38117

Looks like MAL managed to break something in their database. To view the characters in the list, you have to remove the "clubs.php/" part from the links.

Someone I know from a club on MAL made the above list, I made an anti-bob list, but was really scraping the barrel to find 14 black anime characters who were not called Bob.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:17:05 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2193