Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058154 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #19200 on: September 09, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I found myself wishing it was a real game (minus the obvious drawbacks) more and more as I watched.
You can't help but wonder how many did. What an embarrassing way to go.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:44 pm »

Unless it was only permanent once he made the announcement...
but no, then
[spoiler]the people whose family tried to take off the NERVGear wouldn't have died, and he wouldn't have had news reports to pull up.
Black lives matter.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: September 10, 2014, 01:00:04 am »

Latest SAO II

===

Googling around some random stuff I found out there's a 2014 live action show in Japan called Sailor Zombie. I really want to see that. This is the plot synopsis:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:16:14 am by Reelya »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: September 10, 2014, 06:37:52 am »

Latest SAO II
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: September 10, 2014, 07:55:14 am »

Well, I guess I'm just giving up the Lunatic run of FE: Awakening. Cause holy shit did that escalate quickly into being a "beating my head against a concrete slab"-simulation. And I don't want to puss out on an easier difficulty, I've already beaten the damn game and sucked out the rehashed story. I've gotten the gist of nearly all the relationships "Blah blah blah times 3, then they just pop the question and it's finalized. Bing bang boom.

It's one of those instances where Freedom within the game world is actually wildly detrimental to my enjoyment of it. Why bother growing attached to any one character when you get down the line and you find that nearly any character can be nearly any class, and basically all of them can max the stat cap given enough grinding. It's like, I want there to be something unique and special within the game that can be treasured and appreciated, but  I just look at the game, and the game looks back just shrugging & going "I dunno man...". Where the harder you examine something, the less you like it, why you gotta be that way Fire Emblem?

Damnit Shining Force, why must you continue to be the superior turn-based strategy game, now more than two decades after your release?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: September 10, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »

Well at least that has more chance of getting off the ground than the Harmony Gold / Warner Bros' Robotech movie that isn't legally allowed to contain any references to the source material, Macross.

Which is basically like announcing your doing an update of Wizard of Oz, but not legally allowed to include witches, lions, tinmen, scarecrows, yellow brick roads, munchkins, Dorothy, Toto, or, any references to the "Land of Oz".

This American Yamato movie sounds like they're at least working with the Japanese creators rather than trying to make a "white" washed version which completely erases all signs of Japanese influence like Harmony Gold prefers to do.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:48:41 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:57 am »

Oh man, I want to be optimistic, but then
Skydance Productions, the Hollywood company behind Tom Cruise's Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Brad Pitt's World War Z, would be producing the project.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: September 11, 2014, 03:37:31 am »

Man, clearing old shows off my HD and I'm watching Hidan no Aria. The only thing I can say is this show would be perfect torture for Neonivek. Same studio, voice actress and character type as Louise from Familiar of Zero. Plenty of "b-baka" "you're just my slave" and slapstick violence. Add it to the long list of near-identical characters Rie Kugimiya has played. Toradora is the best show of that bunch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:45 am »

Man, clearing old shows off my HD and I'm watching Hidan no Aria. The only thing I can say is this show would be perfect torture for Neonivek. Same studio, voice actress and character type as Louise from Familiar of Zero. Plenty of "b-baka" "you're just my slave" and slapstick violence. Add it to the long list of near-identical characters Rie Kugimiya has played. Toradora is the best show of that bunch.

I'll take that challenge! I need a good pallet cleanser after a good anime.

That and honestly I doubt Hidan No Aria can be... as bad.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:05:37 am by Neonivek »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: September 11, 2014, 10:54:28 am »

INB4 Neonivek trys to burn the world.

Also, attempted to watch FLCL....that was a mistake. Couldn't understand the fucking DIALOGUE. In the dub OR the sub. It almost seems like it was translated by someone who didn't understand EITHER language and was just playing goddamn pin the tail on the donkey with the word placement.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:58:54 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: September 11, 2014, 11:01:33 am »

I thought Ghost Protocol was pretty good.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: September 11, 2014, 12:26:20 pm »

INB4 Neonivek trys to burn the world.

Also, attempted to watch FLCL....that was a mistake. Couldn't understand the fucking DIALOGUE. In the dub OR the sub. It almost seems like it was translated by someone who didn't understand EITHER language and was just playing goddamn pin the tail on the donkey with the word placement.
twas not the translation. The show's just that weird. Trying to watch it with the intent of it making sense is going about it the wrong way.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: September 11, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

Space Battleship Yamato starring Tom Cruise as Susumu Kodai.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: September 11, 2014, 03:30:29 pm »

Space Battleship Yamato starring Tom Cruise as Susumu Kodai.
In the future, there are no American movies. Only adaptations of Japanese media starring Tom Cruise.
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 2193