Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066601 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #18180 on: July 05, 2014, 06:03:21 pm »

New Mahouka OP today, and thinking back on the first OP, some blogger was wondering a few eps back when all the cool-looking action shots from the first OP would actually occur ... we have our answer now: 'never'. Yes another fail to deliver. so, they changed the op already, but the cool shit in the first op hasn't even happened yet, but i guess there's like some theoretical chance the first op shit will happen later now :/

The first OP ends with Tatsuya and his rival facing off with guns in other's faces. Yet, we've never actually seen that rival character in more than about 3 shots, all of which had him involved in dull conversations about nothing in particular, and none involving any action or plot development except to let you know "this guy exists". som complete fail at foreshadowing, we only know he's the rival because we haven't been shown anyone else.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:07:56 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18181 on: July 05, 2014, 06:07:15 pm »

New Mahouka OP today, and thinking back on the first OP, some blogger was wondering a few eps back when all the cool-looking action shots from the first OP would actually occur ... we have our answer now: 'never'. Yes another fail to deliver. so, they changed the op already, but the cool shit in the first op hasn't even happened yet, but i guess there's like some theoretical chance the first op shit will happen later now :/
Mahouka is truly a creation of a genius. How else can you explain the sheer concentration of all possible bad traits in a single work?
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:00 pm »

Hey now, be fair, nearly every damn opening I've seen had content that was never in the actual show.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: July 05, 2014, 06:13:14 pm »

Hey now, be fair, nearly every damn opening I've seen had content that was never in the actual show.
Gotta agree with this. If yer gonna slam this Mahouka thing, at least slam it for all the stuff that is actually terrible :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: July 05, 2014, 06:15:47 pm »

It's a matter of degree here though, the first OP depicts an epic battle between two specific characters, we only see that 'rival' standing around calmly chatting 3 times in the whole season, and then onto a new OP that doesn't show that epic battle anymore.

There wasn't any epic battling at all, only a few faceless mooks and useless villains in about 3 eps that took mere seconds to defeat.

Apparently they're fighting against mecha in this new arc. But considering "gun dude" from the first arc never lifted a finger in the whole 13 eps, i'm not holding my breath now.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18185 on: July 05, 2014, 07:34:51 pm »

I don't really watch much anime, but there are a few I like. Mostly old stuff that's already finished.

.hack//SIGN, Rurouni Kenshin (yes I like the anime bite me), the Tales of Eternia anime (?????), and, more recently, Gintama.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: July 05, 2014, 07:52:04 pm »

Gotta agree with this. If yer gonna slam this Mahouka thing, at least slam it for all the stuff that is actually terrible :P
This reminds me of how Tower of Druaga's OPs were entirely an different genre from the show itself. I have to admit, that show wasn't a masterpiece, or even something I would readily recommend to other people, but it had a lot of stuff in it that I really liked.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: July 05, 2014, 07:53:01 pm »

Apparently, next week's Stardust Crusaders is all about restrooms.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: July 05, 2014, 08:19:03 pm »

Oh yeah, the restroom episode, I think i know this from the old OVA's too. Tip: do not eat during the episode.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: July 05, 2014, 08:30:11 pm »

Ok I have to ask this here.

I actually paused the video on Sailormoon's test and I don't really speak Japanese...

But she answered one of her "What is this word in English" with "zissai"... Does that mean anything? Since that isn't English and it wasn't asking for Romanji.

also really "?" got a correct answer?

Also I am astonished she doesn't make spelling mistakes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:32:42 pm by Neonivek »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: July 05, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

Ok I have to ask this here.

I actually paused the video on Sailormoon's test and I don't really speak Japanese...

But she answered one of her "What is this word in English" with "zissai"... Does that mean anything? Since that isn't English and it wasn't asking for Romanji.

also really "?" got a correct answer?

Also I am astonished she doesn't make spelling mistakes.
I think it's asking to translate "zissai" into english.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: July 05, 2014, 10:30:59 pm »

She got it correct, so that couldn't be it.

Unless Zissai is an English word I never heard about.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: July 06, 2014, 12:18:02 am »

Red circles mean correct, red "ticks" mean wrong, here. For example, squares she left blank get a "tick" as does the "?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: July 06, 2014, 12:39:29 am »

Red circles mean correct, red "ticks" mean wrong, here. For example, squares she left blank get a "tick" as does the "?"

Ohhh... then how did she get 30%? she seemed to be doing mostly fine. Though only getting about 60%.

I guess IMMEDIATELY off camera her test suddenly burst into total nonsense... Which I guess suggests she has test anxiety.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18194 on: July 06, 2014, 01:17:25 am »

There are 3 sections visible, (a) is "translate 1 word", (b) is "fill in the blanks", and (c) is "translate this whole sentence", so it goes from easiest to hardest, and it's likely that the harder questions are weighted much higher than the easier ones which we see on screen.

Also, she might have run out of time and not filled in all the bottom ones. She couldn't work out the "Please marry me yumiko" one in section 2, so I doubt she'd be able to translate entire sentences properly, and those are obviously worth more points than translating single words.
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2193