Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062502 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17655 on: May 30, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Doesn't seem that remarkable to me, but I wasn't very interested in the subject matter so maybe it didn't carry through properly.
Most manga I've read (which is few) were all more serious and had more "manly" or "realistic" art styles. Death note, Vinland Saga, etc. Girl Friends' more laid back style is a nice change of pace.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: May 30, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »

Wut?

Edit: Noriaki Kakyoin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:39:56 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:34 pm »

rerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorerorero
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: May 30, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »

Spoiler: rerorerorerorerorero (click to show/hide)
Can I have that cherry? I really like them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: May 30, 2014, 10:00:51 pm »

Dammit, he was the only reason women watch this show!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17660 on: May 30, 2014, 11:53:38 pm »

Doesn't seem that remarkable to me, but I wasn't very interested in the subject matter so maybe it didn't carry through properly.
Most manga I've read (which is few) were all more serious and had more "manly" or "realistic" art styles. Death note, Vinland Saga, etc. Girl Friends' more laid back style is a nice change of pace.

I liked that series. It gave me the warm, happy, fuzzies, which was weird since it was the first time I experienced that as I don't tend to read romance.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: May 31, 2014, 09:31:28 am »

Shingeki no Kyojin + Baccano! mashup. But wait, this ones actually not just another boring video with the AoT theme stuck on show X. Surprisingly good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suJnt5ZCNAk

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: May 31, 2014, 06:20:26 pm »

The ending of Honey and Clover was really nice. So many relevant themes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: May 31, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:58:50 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: May 31, 2014, 06:30:07 pm »

I've been getting really into the Nausicaa manga. Holy crap is it just a whole different story from the movie. I'm on vol 7 right now, and it's draw-joppingly good.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: May 31, 2014, 06:52:06 pm »

The ending of Honey and Clover was really nice. So many relevant themes.
Oh man, I didn't see the anime, but if it's anything like the manga... so good... I actually felt like it was a really surprising ending, but I liked it a lot. It seemed like a good choice.
I kind of expected the MC to fade in the background and become the fifth wheel. It felt good to have some episodes centered on him and his problems.
The whole self-finding journey was well done. Made me think about what I could do to clear my head.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17666 on: May 31, 2014, 07:04:00 pm »

I've been getting really into the Nausicaa manga. Holy crap is it just a whole different story from the movie. I'm on vol 7 right now, and it's draw-joppingly good.
Cool. That's on my somewhat immediate read list.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17667 on: May 31, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »

On the fifth book of volume one of Girl Friends. I've lost track of how many times they say "Eh?" as a shocked noise of exclamation. They say it a lot. I think the manga is secretly set in an alternate universe where Japan was colonized by Canadians.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17668 on: May 31, 2014, 08:32:19 pm »

On the fifth book of volume one of Girl Friends. I've lost track of how many times they say "Eh?" as a shocked noise of exclamation. They say it a lot. I think the manga is secretly set in an alternate universe where Japan was colonized by Canadians.

I take offense to this; Japanese schoolgirls say "Ehhhh?" far more than all of Canada combined.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17669 on: May 31, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »

I take offense to this; Japanese schoolgirls say "Ehhhh?" far more than all of Canada combined.
Somebody had to, might as well be me.
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 2193