Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063999 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17625 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:41 am »

That is some mighty fine Gunpla you got there.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: May 27, 2014, 03:30:44 pm »

I really hope Honey and Clover S1 won't maintain such a half-assed drama element for the second part of the season.
I either want full blown drama or things getting resolved.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: May 27, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

I really hope Honey and Clover S1 won't maintain such a half-assed drama element for the second part of the season.
I either want full blown drama or things getting resolved.

It is a Slice of Life anime... Half-blown Drama is par for the course, because it is a slice of life and real life doesn't REALLY have "full blown" drama.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: May 27, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »

I know, but it's slowly eating away at me. Some big conflict halfway in to discharge this slowly accumulating feeling of depression would have been nice.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

lol Mahouka always makes me laugh with it's inadvertent humor. It's so predictable. Latest ep, MC gets assigned to another job, a bunch of unnamed male blooms mock him "A course 2 student doing X? pfft!" and a bunch of unnamed girls sit by and comment "They just don't understand how awesome Tatsuya is!", to which the other girl nods in agreement. It's just so damn 1 dimensional I can't help but chuckle. Literally the last 8 eps, every male bloom hasn't ever "got it" that he's superhuman, yet every female bloom is already fawning all over him and talking about how manly he is.

And I've worked out, it is a harem, but a "split duties" harem. he has a sidekick called Leo, who is supposedly a pretty badass dude himself, but anytime there's "hero business" to be done, tatsuya's all "stand back everyone, I've got this", and any time there's "make a fool of yourself and suffer unnecessary female-on-male domestic violence", it's "Leo, can you field this one for me", "Sure, Tatsuya!". Tatsuya is always surrounded by girls telling him he's "sugoi" but Leo is always getting stratospheric girl punches and called a "baka". BTW the same girl who always insults and pounds on Leo, the one time Tatsuya accidentally saw her cleavage, rather than her usual violent self, she went all "uguu~" and meekly asked to be taken on a date :/ yeah, he's got anti-tsundere plot armor.

EDIT: Hmm, and right now in ep8, Tatsuya is now being praised by a bunch of girls for using some "old school" tech on a computer, with a "that's pretty hardcore" type rationale. Old school keyboard typing skills are apparently badass enough for random awestruck girls to comment, when Tatsuya does it. But in a previous episode, when Leo used some "old school" magic tech to literally pummel a pile of terrorists, he was the butt of jokes from girls for using "anachronistic" magical technology, with a "lol, that's old-fashioned Leo for ya!" kind of thing. Leo really can't cut a break, can he?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:33:14 pm by Reelya »

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: May 27, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »

The way my friends reacted when I told them that I had never seen Trigun, it was as though I had committed a cardinal sin.

Is it really that good? Or are they overhyping it?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: May 27, 2014, 06:04:04 pm »

I've seen a little bit of Trigun. It's funny, but really corny too. I don't think it's aged as well as Cowboy Beebop.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: May 27, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »

lol Mahouka always makes me laugh with it's inadvertent humor. It's so predictable. Latest ep, MC gets assigned to another job, a bunch of unnamed male blooms mock him "A course 2 student doing X? pfft!" and a bunch of unnamed girls sit by and comment "They just don't understand how awesome Tatsuya is!", to which the other girl nods in agreement. It's just so damn 1 dimensional I can't help but chuckle. Literally the last 8 eps, every male bloom hasn't ever "got it" that he's superhuman, yet every female bloom is already fawning all over him and talking about how manly he is.

And I've worked out, it is a harem, but a "split duties" harem. he has a sidekick called Leo, who is supposedly a pretty badass dude himself, but anytime there's "hero business" to be done, tatsuya's all "stand back everyone, I've got this", and any time there's "make a fool of yourself and suffer unnecessary female-on-male domestic violence", it's "Leo, can you field this one for me", "Sure, Tatsuya!". Tatsuya is always surrounded by girls telling him he's "sugoi" but Leo is always getting stratospheric girl punches and called a "baka". BTW the same girl who always insults and pounds on Leo, the one time Tatsuya accidentally saw her cleavage, rather than her usual violent self, she went all "uguu~" and meekly asked to be taken on a date :/ yeah, he's got anti-tsundere plot armor.

EDIT: Hmm, and right now in ep8, Tatsuya is now being praised by a bunch of girls for using some "old school" tech on a computer, with a "that's pretty hardcore" type rationale. Old school keyboard typing skills are apparently badass enough for random awestruck girls to comment, when Tatsuya does it. But in a previous episode, when Leo used some "old school" magic tech to literally pummel a pile of terrorists, he was the butt of jokes from girls for using "anachronistic" magical technology, with a "lol, that's old-fashioned Leo for ya!" kind of thing. Leo really can't cut a break, can he?

It's telling that an anime is crap if an anime with plaster-smile fairies and talking bread can give more intelligent discussions than an anime with a "super-everything" protagonist, where everyone makes stupid arguments to make him sound intelligent.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: May 27, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »

Ohh your confused you see that falls under:

If the villain uses it, it is cheating, and if the good guy uses it, it is strategy.

Mind you I've seen shows break that rule (In both... The villain doing something cheaty and someone saying it is really part of the game... and the main character doing something cheaty and it is seen as cheaty)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: May 27, 2014, 07:15:32 pm »

Holy shit. I'm just watching the last few minutes of Mahouka. I couldn't make this shit up: on top of all else, the MC has literally defeated Gravity Itself by quickly inventing some magic in his spare time (as a 16 year old, year 10 student) that was declared as impossible earlier in the episode, and stumped all the world's top magical scientists.

EDIT: and by "earlier in the episode" i mean "earlier that afternoon". Yeah, took him all of a few hours between school finishing and sister bringing him an evening cup of coffee to crack one of magic's greatest unsolved problems. Plus he was doing other stuff during those hours, too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:31:21 pm by Reelya »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:49 pm »

I read the first few light novels, there was that tidbit where they said true flight magic is impossible because something something magical jargon, and yet they circumvent it by failing to fall. Yeah.

They keep adding restrictions just make shit up.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: May 27, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »

It's just so disjointed I have a permanent smirk while watching. At this stage if he develops an ass-laser I wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: May 27, 2014, 07:52:35 pm »

If, at some point, I decide to watch Dragon Ball, should I start with the original, or should I just skip to Z?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: May 27, 2014, 07:59:15 pm »

If, at some point, I decide to watch Dragon Ball, should I start with the original, or should I just skip to Z?
Original is pretty good classic, a far cry different from DBZ.  Also chock full of references, but that is a product of its time.
On that note... I never did end up finishing DB... probably cause I only saw a portion of that on Toonami.  Maybe on my next anime binge.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:09 pm »

I read the first few light novels, there was that tidbit where they said true flight magic is impossible because something something magical jargon, and yet they circumvent it by failing to fall. Yeah.

They keep adding restrictions just make shit up.

If I remember the LN right, "true flight" is "impossible" because the spell that makes you "fly" only lifts you off the ground and does nothing else. To actually move, you need to overide the first spell with a stronger spell per change in movement.

I forgot how he got over this incremental increase in cost.
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 2193