Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065105 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #17430 on: May 12, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

Reading Five Star Stories and just had to share this scene. There's basically been a huge clusterf**k of a battle going on and nobody has any idea of the full picture of what's actually happening when...

I love this manga so much.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17431 on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:00 am »

Oh, thanks!

I didn't like Haruhi very much--again, nothing against it really, just wasn't my teacup--just wanted to be sure that the whole thing wasn't going to be about the zaniness of the lead character's, uh, issues.
Neither did I really, I've yet to watch past Endless Eight.
If you end up liking it, I can also recommend the movie. It's hillarious and offers a conclusion to a certain part of the plot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17432 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:11 pm »

Awesome! It's a really neat series made by Mamoru Nagano. It uses pretty small text for the translators notes and gag lines at some parts so I reccomend this place for reading it since its the only one I found that's big enough.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17433 on: May 13, 2014, 01:10:51 pm »

Mushishi??! When?! Where?!! I remember reading a thing about season 2 last year.

We're already 6 episodes in (out of 12) to Mushishi season 2.

Looks like it's on Crunchyroll if you're into that kind of thing.

It's actually an action-comedy reboot, with a 14 year old Ginko who discovers his ability to see mushi after bumping into a mysterious girl, and together they go on an adventure to defeat all the evil mushis with Ginko's strange power and magical sword, "Mushi-Breaker", along with their friend Poink, the lovable spirit pig.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only watched 3 episodes so far, trying to make it last. ;_;
I almost cried. I was right there and then I opened the spoiler.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: May 13, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »

Just finished season 1 of Space Dandy. I kinda let it drop after the third episode aired, but damn am I glad I picked it up again. The first few episodes are funny, but the quality of the show picks up significantly by the fifth and just takes off from there.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »

The third Madoka movie is out on the Interwebs. Anyone watch it yet? I've seen one scene from it and I really need to get to it soon. Apparently
Spoiler: Spoiler from trailer (click to show/hide)

Way too excited >_<

The first two movies were great though, I can show the series to friends without apologizing for the agonizingly slow pacing of the first three episodes (at least, for people not into shoujo anime).
Did I miss something?  I thought it was out for like forever.

But yeah, I've renewed my Meguca trip recently, and watched Rebellion a week or two ago, and have been pretty hype about it.  I haven't watched the first two movies, though - they're just rehashes cutting out loads of stuff, right.  Normally I'd be like 'whatever, why not,' but they cut out the very first scene, where Meguca sees Hameru in that dream.  Especially when that's reprised later, it's one of my favorite parts, and one of the most important bits of the series is all the development that goes on, so when I think about cutting down the series to theatrical lengths and how that kinda SHAFTed (hur) the Eva Rebuilds a bit, I'm super skeptical.

It did mean I missed out on the Luminous references in Rebellion, though, which kinda blows.

No, I just got distracted and didn't notice when it came out. I didn't see it in theaters, and I was waiting until DVD rips were out instead of the screen video recordings.

The movies did cut out pretty much anything not plot relevant. They also cut out Mami's past, which is just...horrible. However, the school scenes and other stuff in the first three episodes dragged on forever, which I've had trouble convincing people to watch through who I know would enjoy the series, so it's still a bit of a boon.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #17436 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:44 pm »

Let's see here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more will pop up eventually.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:56:19 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: May 14, 2014, 06:53:10 pm »

Also the ridiculously maudlin acting, like when a character yells something so hard it causes a shockwave, something that never fails to be stupid as fuck if it even makes sense.  But I've never seen an anime that wasn't like that.

Really? Well you can't have seen a very wide range of anime then. Try Mushishi or Paranoia Agent. Or Ristarante Paradiso or Bartender or something. Seriously, there are 1000+ chillax anime out there.

Solution to 99% of anime problems: don't watch stupid shonen crap. You can literally weed the majority of shit adaptations out by checking the title of the magazine they were published in in Japan: AoT was in " Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine". So it's not hard: "Shonen" in title of publishing magazine = 99% guaranteed cheesy shit.

Saying all anime is crap because you always pick crap, is like saying wine is crap because every $5 bottle of wine I purchase is disgusting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:02:11 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:56 pm »

so just to be sure, is there anything worth watching this season other than mushishi and jojo?

Must see series:

Knights of Sidonia
Ping Pong The Animation

A few others have potential or are just ok:

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii : best shoujo thing this season.
Isshukan Friends: reminiscent of ef: a tale of memories (perhaps too much)
Mekakucity Actors : Shaft artistic visual explosion
Hitsugi no Chaika : action / fantasy / adventure
Baby Steps : nerd tennis
Black Bullet : loli assassin "Tina Sprout" works for evil villain "ayn rand". +1 just for that.
Escha & Logy no Atelier: best cute dose this season
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san : 3 minute cute + yuri anime
Selector Infected WIXOSS : the show that desperately wants to be Madoka, but is ruined by the characters constantly breaking into card game playing.

Mahouka's worth watching for how bad it is (just make sure you keep up with the moesucks blog about mahouka, which really pinpoints how and why it sucks so bad).

I think the best ongoing animes right now are the cycling anime which started back in October, Yowamushi Pedal, the pacing and tension all through the series have been excellent, and Tonari no Seki-Kun. Everyone should watch that one.

Oh, thanks!

I didn't like Haruhi very much--again, nothing against it really, just wasn't my teacup--just wanted to be sure that the whole thing wasn't going to be about the zaniness of the lead character's, uh, issues.

The biggest difference between Haruhi and Okabe Rintarou is that Okabe gets a healthy dose of character development as the story progresses. Haruhi arguably doesn't get any (at least as far as the anime goes).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:41:37 pm by Reelya »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: May 14, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »

evil villain "ayn rand".
THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:48 pm »

*taps mike*

Attention Gundam fans.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:29:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: May 14, 2014, 08:32:32 pm »

OHHH MY WHAT A SURPRISE!!!

It isn't like I didn't forsee this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:26 pm »

Well yeah, but I didn't expect it to be this soon! I thought they would have wanted to wait for the new gunpla model releases to build up a bit so they could advertise more and play up the nostalgia angle again.

*runs around waving arms in the air*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »

It probably is different because the show does more to sell models then the models sell the show.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: May 14, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »

That's what I'm saying! Oh well no point in clogging up the conversation let's rejoice!
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 2193