Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067451 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #15855 on: December 27, 2013, 08:32:14 pm »

I really have no idea how I feel about Penguindrum. My thoughts on the characters keep slingshotting back and forth from sympathy to pity to anger to joy to laughter. All I know is that "Well, that escalated quickly" is relevant to at least one character.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: December 27, 2013, 08:36:30 pm »

Yeah, I just finished episode 4, and... yeah.  This is actually fairly substantially crackier than Utena :o
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: December 28, 2013, 02:23:07 am »

I should slow down my rate. Somehow the escalation has accelerated. Whoever wrote this must have been preposterously high, and quite possibly also a genius. I still don't know what I just watched, only that it goes right for the feels. Only it goes for all of them, instead of just the sads. Often, all at once.

Vector, you made me like something postmodern. What have you done.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: December 28, 2013, 02:31:59 am »

I'm kinda with Furtuka. It was an admirable effort by TFS, but I'm not sure how well it worked. Haven't seen any other abridgements of AoT so I can't comment on how good any of the rest are.

Anyway, I decided to finally check out Gurren Lagann after that hypestorm from a few years back (yes, I am Slowpoke slow).

Be prepared for the best thing ever. Of all time.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: December 28, 2013, 02:40:48 am »

I'm kinda with Furtuka. It was an admirable effort by TFS, but I'm not sure how well it worked. Haven't seen any other abridgements of AoT so I can't comment on how good any of the rest are.

Anyway, I decided to finally check out Gurren Lagann after that hypestorm from a few years back (yes, I am Slowpoke slow).

Be prepared for the best thing ever. Of all time.
I think I'm about halfway through the series now.

It's good. I'm not sure I'd call it the best thing ever, but the action scenes are nicely awesome, the characters are interesting, and the fanservice is, of course, appreciated. I hear this "Kill la kill" thing is made by the same studio and is supposedly even crazier, so I guess I'll watch it in a few years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: December 28, 2013, 03:11:29 am »

Jesus, watched the Steinsgate movie.

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE HOLY SHIT.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: December 28, 2013, 08:23:55 am »

I hear this "Kill la kill" thing is made by the same studio and is supposedly even crazier, so I guess I'll watch it in a few years.
I dunno, it hasn't really gotten that crazy yet. Of course, the series is only half done so far, and TTGL didn't get really crazy until the second half either, so maybe it'll get super crazy soon.

As an aside, one thing I really like about Kill la Kill is the artstyle. It's more cartoonish than most recent shows and it's very fitting for an action-comedy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: This is pretty neat. Sirus shouldn't open it just yet though because spoilers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:51:59 pm by Boksi »
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: December 28, 2013, 01:41:34 pm »

EDIT: This is pretty neat. Sirus shouldn't open it just yet though because spoilers.

Hahaha, that newspaper. I assume the one at the end is from the movie I haven't seen?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: December 28, 2013, 02:31:34 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: December 28, 2013, 02:42:31 pm »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »

Oh yeah that reminds me apparently the original jiyuu no tsusaba and guren no yumiya got put on america itunes a couple weeks ago
It's FEF, not FEOF

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: December 28, 2013, 03:19:15 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: December 28, 2013, 03:20:21 pm »

they're making a live action nge, god help us all
I don't understand. That sounds like the act of god helping us all in the first place.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: December 28, 2013, 03:34:16 pm »

they're making a live action nge, god help us all
THEY'VE GOT BIRD LEGS.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE EVAS WAS HOW HUMANOID THEY WERE.

THIS IS UTTERLY HORRIBLE.

Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2193