Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077708 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14775 on: August 26, 2013, 12:32:13 pm »

Ashram was a good villain, mostly because he usually had a good motive for his assholery.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: August 26, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »

Weird... I can not find them all anymore...
Maybe they were removed or something...

BUT lets go with what I could find...

MECHA WEEK!!!

1: Break Blade - http://mangafox.me/manga/break_blade/
Site Blurb -
From Manga Abyss:
Which to choose, the country or my friend--!? The "Continent of Cruzon", a world where people are born with magic. Lygatto, one of the rare people "without magic" in this world, is getting swallowed up in the whirlpool of a massive war. With Lygatto as the core, four close friends are connected by cruel fate in a spectacular war tale!!!

In the continent of Cruzon, an impending war between the Kingdom of Krishna and the nation of Athens is brimming. The people of this land are able to wield the crystals from the ground for whatever purpose they desire. Yet one person, Lygatto Arrow, is not. He is an "un-sorcerer", a person unable to wield the crystals. But this characteristic will enable him to pilot an ancient mecha, one strong enough to put up a fight against the invading army of Athens.

Summary by solitaryCross

From Baka-Updates:
Rygart Arrow is the only one in his world who lacks the inherent ability to power up quartz, the energy source that makes all of the machines run. Nevertheless, he's pretty well connected. The King and Queen of his country of Krisna happen to be old college friends. But so is Zess, the guy who is leading the army of a neighboring kingdom in an attack on Krisna.

How did it comes to this? There's little time to ponder the implications as an army in giant, mechanized battle suits attacks. Arrow just feels like he's in the way - until he comes across a powerful, ancient mech that no one has yet to be able to figure out how to run. But his natural affinity for the suit's operating mechanism may just turn Arrow into the most important player of all.

Personal Blurb -
I found this when it first came out, annoyingly the gaps between releases made it a slow slow slow read thus I lost it for a while, but it looks like the releases are picking up again to a point, so might get back to reading this one though.
This Manga is about a world where every citizen has the ability to perform what appears to be Magic though the medium of Quartz Crystals. Well all but the Main character, in this world sometimes a child is born without the ability to manipulate these magics and thus struggle to form any true lifestyle due to the citizens of the world basing nearly everything on these Quartz Mediums. Even lights are used this way. But dispite that he struggled through, even got into a high ranking school of sorts making friends with those that many would think would be way out of his league, regardless times change...
Two Nations both at war use Mecha to fight, powered by the Quartz Powersources they combat and such. But then one of the nations discover an old Mech buried below their land, a mech that is not powered by Quartz and thus inoperable. Well.... Sorta...

2: Eureka Seven - http://mangafox.me/manga/eureka_seven/
Site Blurb -
From Mobots:
Renton is a 14-year-old boy who occasionally helps out his grandfather as a mechanic. But his feelings of dissatisfaction and frustration grows as his mundane and routine work clouds his visions for his future and he dreams of flying around the world. It isn't until one day, a large human-like mech, a LFO (Light Finding Operation), falls from the sky in front of Renton and appearing from the depths of the machine is a beautiful young girl named Eureka. And as she asks the dumbfounded Renton for repairs, the two will embark upon a fantastic journey into the unknown.

Personal Blurb -
If you haven't heard of Eureka Seven before, go read this or watch the anime, its good...

3: Overman King Gainer - http://mangafox.me/manga/overman_king_gainer/
Site Blurb -
In the distant future, in a distant corner of Siberia, people live in domed cities called Domepolises. These are the primary human living spaces on Earth, which became uninhabitable years ago from environmental destruction. Now, parts of the Earth are becoming habitable again. Large portions of the Domepolises are breaking off to escape the powers that control the domes and trade.

Gainer Sanga, video game champ on his 200th victory, becomes an unwilling helper in his hometown`s Exodus when he is wrongfully arrested by the Siberian Railway. He pilots a giant mecha which he dubs `King Gainer` after his own video game handle. He is challenged to fight other Overmen as Yapan tries to escape across Siberia.

Personal Blurb -
I found this one ages ago, once again the Updates stopped coming for a really long time, thus I pretty much forgot about it, another one which I will be picking back up laters. Sadly I can't not remember much of the actual story to give a good blurb, BUT, I know that it had beautiful artwork and designs for the Mecha and world itself...

4: Annoyingly, Missing or I just can't remember the title... T_T But there is just TOO MANY GUNADUM!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: August 26, 2013, 05:32:39 pm »

Ah Broken Blade, i seen it on Netflix just never took the time to view it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: August 26, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »

Break Blade is pretty cool. I stopped following it for much the same reason, because it took a long while to update. It's worth a read, even if you aren't tremendously involved in the "giant robots fighting" thing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: August 26, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

I was watching random Madoka (whoever mentioned it in this thread forever ago, I will love you forever) videos, and came across this, and the song is way super familiar, but I couldn't find what it was from even with the name of the song ("Nowhere - FictionJunction"). Anyone know what it is from?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:33 pm »

Watched Monogatari Series Season 2 episode 8 aka Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Jiangshi episode 2. It features Mayoi image song for its OP.

They travel back 11 years in time.
We see Shinobu go full on shotacon for Araragi(younger).
Contemplate what it means to be back in time and what he can change.
Loli Hanekawa appears! Araragi goes berserk! Araragi used resist. It's super effective.

Anyways, they save Mayoi and the episode ends with the world(present) destroyed.

Lots of things were cut from the novel but that's mostly some banter and more talking.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: August 26, 2013, 08:24:23 pm »

I was watching random Madoka (whoever mentioned it in this thread forever ago, I will love you forever) videos, and came across this, and the song is way super familiar, but I couldn't find what it was from even with the name of the song ("Nowhere - FictionJunction"). Anyone know what it is from?
It sounds kindof like every anime OP I've ever heard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: August 26, 2013, 08:24:24 pm »

Lots of things were cut from the novel but that's mostly some banter and more talking.
So nothing at all, then.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: August 26, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »

It is from Madlax.

Never even watched the show, but have all the music from the person who made it.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »

It is from Madlax.

Never even watched the show, but have all the music from the person who made it.

Huh, haven't seen that one. Must have been an AMV or something. Thanks, though! Will have to check it out.

Also, Muv-Love is making me feel like a terrible person. I like cool purplehair girl, but if I eat her lunch I'm being a total jerk to the other childhood friend girl who has made me lunch two days in a row that I've rejected. :(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:49:16 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: August 26, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

So nothing at all, then.

The most important thing that got cut out is the talk about butterfly effect.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: August 26, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »

Out of curiosity, I watched the first ep of Kiddy Grade. It feels like this wants to be a mild Agent Aika crossed with a teen girl's bad mary sue fanfiction.

Not sure if I should give the second ep a chance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: August 26, 2013, 09:37:00 pm »

Honestly Liar Game seems to be one of those shows based on a Manga(Or manhua I don't remember) that I could watch 100 episodes of and still want more.

I am actually quite happy about it. Especially after that soul shattering reversed plotline I experienced not that far ago from an anime I used to like but hate now (No Whammies button seriously!?! DANG IT!)

As I said it is like Deathnote, if Deathnote had a likable protagonist. Finishing the first season, including the movie length ending, was a treat!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: August 26, 2013, 09:38:15 pm »

Didn't you say the exact same thing yesterday?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: August 26, 2013, 09:41:16 pm »

Didn't you say the exact same thing yesterday?

Wait  :o Whoops!

I finished a season... I give updates... which for some reason my comment on the entire first season is the same comment as last time.

Not intentional I assure you. I am not used to having absolutely nothing to complain about.
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 2193