Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060812 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10395 on: January 28, 2012, 12:54:45 pm »

So, after reading the magazine 'Otaku USA', I went online to find out more about a cool tabletop RPG that is coming out in English some time this Spring, called 'Golden Sky Stories'. It looks like a cute game, definitely going to purchase it when it comes out in English.

Then I found another game translated for sale, written by the same author. It is called Maid RPG. By the rules, it seems it was made to be a funny, casual game. But then you get to the 'replays' (examples of gameplay), and it gets to be...kind of disturbing, actually. Especially the optional rules like 'seduction'.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: January 28, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »

"Heaven piercing drill" is a reference to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
But other than that, not too related.

Actually, it's totally related.

If you read the artical, it's all about spiral energy.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10397 on: January 28, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »

Watched paranoia agent again, the suicide episode is the best,
In it these 3 people make a pact online to meet up irl and help kill each other.
after meeting up they find out one of the 3 is a little girl, like 12 or something, so the other two try to kill themselves while trying to save her and end up failing, they all live in the end.

I think you need to watch it again.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: January 28, 2012, 02:10:59 pm »

Yes, I'm doing it. I'm almost there. I'm at episode 104 of Hokuto No Ken, just a few episodes away from being done with HnK.

Now I just need to forget that HnK 2 exists, so I can live my life without the torment of feeling obligated to watch it.

I have no idea how you guys marathon shows like you do, I get mentally exhausted after three eps.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: January 28, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »

I have no idea how you guys marathon shows like you do, I get mentally exhausted after three eps.
Well it depends on the show.  A few series I was dying to continue although most I just spend analyzing and such.  It's one reason I like manga and novels and stuff because you can go through a chapter nice and slowly and when you finish the chapter you're like alright where do I go from here.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

Yes, I'm doing it. I'm almost there. I'm at episode 104 of Hokuto No Ken, just a few episodes away from being done with HnK.

Now I just need to forget that HnK 2 exists, so I can live my life without the torment of feeling obligated to watch it.

I mostly stick to shorter series, so it's not too bad for me.

Manga kills me though, I usually continue reading them on the computer until I get nauseated and force myself to stop.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: January 28, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

I've estimated it takes me about an hour to two hours on average to read one volume of a manga which are usually around 200 pages.  So a nice 15 volumes long series (like Battle Royale) takes a substantial amount of time for me.  I can't categorize VNs and LNs as much thanks to them being random as hell.  Although normal sized VNs should never exceed 35 hours dammit.

Then again, if the manga is say something like...Bleach, then I could read a whole volume in 10 minutes or quite possibly faster.  Word count varies wildly and consumes most of my time.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10402 on: January 28, 2012, 05:08:10 pm »

So, thinking about Naruto...

It seems that every generation there is a team of 3; a girl, and two guys, one of which is evil

Team Hiruzen: (girl)Tsunade (hero boy)Jiraiya (evil boy)Orochimaru
Team Kakashi: (girl)Sakura (hero boy)Naruto (evil boy)Sasuke

and now Team Ebisu: (girl)Moegi (hero boy)Konohamaru and (??evil boy??)Udon

Is that snot constantly hanging from his nose related to a combat jitsu? possibly the most disgusting jitsu ever?
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: January 28, 2012, 05:31:33 pm »

Bleh.  I wanted so badly to really like Naruto, but I can't help feeling like it never really got anywhere.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: January 28, 2012, 05:32:46 pm »

Bleh.  I wanted so badly to really like Naruto, but I can't help feeling like it never really got anywhere.
It's the constant flashbacks isn't it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: January 28, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »

It's the constant flashbacks isn't it?

That, and that the characters are all so goddamned serious.  I mean, I know Naruto goofs around and stuff, but it's all a serious universe with this one goof-off kid, rather than a universe that feels like the gods were just in a fucking-around mood that day.  The characters don't develop outside of ginormo-flashbacks.  Basically, it feels like a novel that happens to have loads of pictures to get out of doing physical description, rather than an actual marriage of visual and literary art.

Oh, and characters who aren't Slated For Development don't change, and there are never any really moral or immoral characters, it feels like... they don't consider their actions and grow.  I think that's what bothers me most.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: January 28, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »

Never really got anywhere? But it's not over yet!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: January 28, 2012, 06:00:03 pm »

Never really got anywhere? But it's not over yet!
Bleach's next setting is going to be in a white ice palace.

White ice palace

white

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: January 28, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

I dislike Naruto because it makes me want to punch those snotty little teenagers who keep calling me by that name in the face.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10409 on: January 28, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »

meh, Naruto fills time, plus it's good source for intentionally bad fanfics.
I'm getting cake.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 2193