Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3059360 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #8790 on: August 18, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

So I'm finally up to episode 18 of Durarara!, I've been taking my sweet time, I'll admit that.

This nonsense with Saika just sort of came out of nowhere, and it's dissipated just as quickly.

While this is indeed alot more straightforward than Baccano!, the focus is alot more schizophrenic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »

Here's 2/8 of Fate/stay night - Heaven's Feel.  The ninth day.

Oh gog oh gog oh gog oh gog

EDIT:
I need to go back and kill myself in every way possible.
Spoiler: What am I reading (click to show/hide)

TIGER STAMP GET

Yeah this is the best thing ever.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:01:08 am by ToonyMan »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: August 19, 2011, 05:28:48 am »

Fate/Stay Night is awesome. I actually came here to just say that...

Just to fit in, has anyone ever watched Beelzebub? ^^
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8793 on: August 19, 2011, 05:36:04 am »

Fate/Stay Night is awesome. I actually came here to just say that...

Just to fit in, has anyone ever watched Beelzebub? ^^

yup.
read manga, still has to watch anime.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: August 19, 2011, 11:40:41 am »

The season is half finished, so time for an enormous page dominating wall of text for each show i'm watching, including 2cour and above from previous seasons. Brace yourself for a shitload of opinions, all 0 people who will actually read this whole thing.

Holy shit that turned out longer than expected.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:46:26 am by tehc »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8795 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49:55 am »

i can't recall the name, but there IS an anime who has characters from the Cthulhu myth...
any help anime fans?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: August 19, 2011, 11:51:45 am »

Uhm... the Demonbane anime?

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:54 am »

i can't recall the name, but there IS an anime who has characters from the Cthulhu myth...
any help anime fans?

Haiyoru! Nyaruani. It's a 9 episode OVA of 2 minute episodes, and it's pretty bad if at least quite cute.

And it apparently got a 11 episode Flash anime as well, upon checking MAL. Again, 4 minutes per episode.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:56:11 am by tehc »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8798 on: August 19, 2011, 11:56:18 am »

any help anime fans?

Haiyoru! Nyaruani. It's a 9 episode OVA of 2 minute episodes, and it's pretty bad if at least quite cute.

this one is what i recalled

Uhm... the Demonbane anime?

This is the reason it pays to ask the question, because somewhere, somebody, has ANOTHER ANIME to show you!
*goes off to look at demonbane anime*

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: August 19, 2011, 12:00:02 pm »

The Demonbane anime is pretty bad as well.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8800 on: August 19, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »

The Demonbane anime is pretty bad as well.

don't destroy my hopes until i see it...

why can't they just make a really, really nice cthulhu mythos anime?
something really cthulhu.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: August 19, 2011, 06:33:35 pm »

I need to do Kaiji at some point.  I've heard of it forever, but but I'm busy.  So busy.  I haven't even been able to play Fate/stay night today.  I usually play at least like four gog damn hours everyday too.

I keep thinking that Fate/stay is taking longer than Higurashi and Umineko but if I'm reading the numbers right the When They Cry series is about twice as long in word count and it does feel like it.  WTC took like two months of consistent effort while Fate/stay night has only been about a month now.  Man it feels like I started so long ago but its only been a month.  I still like the Ace Attorney and When They Cry series more than Fate/stay but F/sn has its moments.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: August 19, 2011, 06:56:57 pm »

So, I'm basically going to see how long I can blow off actually starting Code Geass R2 apparently. Started watching Hellsing and played through "Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story" (It's a visual novel, so that makes it semi on-topic) instead.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:15 pm »

So I started watching Legends of the Dark Kings, yet another Fist of the North Star spinoff series which takes a look at the at Roah's rise to power as Ken-oh, and a thorough explanation of his reputation as strongest man in the world.

The sheer amount of hyperbolic manliness is insane. It's just shows you what type of show it is when Roah's first appearance in the first episode has him punching a dude so hard that his torso is blasted apart... and then the building behind him is blown apart as well.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: August 20, 2011, 02:01:45 am »

Milky Holmes and Zero no Tsukaima both just got another season announced. I couldn't give a shit about Zero no Tsukaima after the disasters that were the second and third seasons, but i'll probably still end up watching the new one....

As for Milky Holmes though, fuck yes. Theres been an alarming amount of shows getting another season that I had been wishing for. SZS S4 where?
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 2193