Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061009 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7965 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »

So I finished watching Skip Beat, and I guess I have another anime to put onto my list of "anime with terribly incomplete endings, and leave me really disappointed that is expects me to read the entire anime to know the ending" animes. While that name is much too long, it's a pretty good summation of my final thoughts on the show.

I mean, like, seriously, there were like 5 or more completely different parts of the story that are left completely unresolved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After that, I started watching the remainder of the eps of the first season of Those Who Watch Elves, which is very well written and entertaining, and the english dubs aren't half bad.

Also, I watched the first few eps of Sherlock Hound, which, if the credits are to be believed, was co-written and co-directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

It's an amazingly fun little show, featuring anthropomorphic dog people being the characters of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. Except with way more fantastic adventure and action. Also, it's a show that's only available in English dubs, but the voicing is fantastic. Everyone has this pleasant English accent, and Watson himself has such convincing and amusing Harumphs, and other amusing noises originating from being short, stocky Englishman that I can't help but praise it.

I know I espouse quite a few things by Mr. Miyazaki, it's something of a goal of mine to watch everything he's ever created.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: June 27, 2011, 10:03:56 pm »

Oh great so the ending to Skip Beat is going to suck. There's another reason to leave it on the back burner for now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: June 27, 2011, 10:10:49 pm »

After that, I started watching the remainder of the eps of the first season of Those Who Watch Elves, which is very well written and entertaining, and the english dubs aren't half bad.
Is that anything like Those Who Hunt Elves, or completely unrelated?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: June 27, 2011, 11:50:58 pm »

Well, I finally did it.  After a lot of reading I have finished the 22 volumes of 20th Century Boys, which totals to around 250 chapters.  All I need to do now is read the 2 volumes of 21st Century Boys and that's another Urasawa work down.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: June 28, 2011, 06:21:25 am »

Is that anything like Those Who Hunt Elves, or completely unrelated?

ERR! That was a mistake on my part. It's Hunt, not Watch.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 28, 2011, 10:23:01 am »

Hoping that the rest Hanasaku Iroha is as good as this week's. It really started to drop after episode 3, but episode 13 was fantastic.

On further inspection actually, next week's episode is a beach episode. mite b kool

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: June 28, 2011, 11:43:56 am »

I only occasionally watch anime, and I only truly "like" a few.
Some of my favorite’s are-
Genshiken- An anme about a group of otaku and the escapades of the only non "forever alone member"
Claymore- If I ever get around to DF modding, I might make a "Claymore” Fort. I don't care if they are doomed to become hideously deformed beasts; I find most of the women on claymore quite hawt.
Basilisk- I'm still in the middle of watching this anime, but it may be the best anime I have ever seen. Also fuck Tenzen, I hate that s.o.b.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: June 28, 2011, 12:25:43 pm »

Claymore- If I ever get around to DF modding, I might make a "Claymore” Fort. I don't care if they are doomed to become hideously

Man, I hated claymore so much.  :)  In specific:

- I hate how the characters are whiny and have incredibly poor decision making skills
- I hate how they feel the need to have the characters explain every single little thing that happens even if its incredibly obvious.  The worst part of that was when one of the demons asks Claire "How are you doing this!" when she is dodging all his attacks, and then Claire's teammate proceeds to tell the evil demon exactly how Claire is dodging all the attacks.  Like what the hell?
- I found the ending pretty unsatisfying.
- The kid that follows her around is so freaking suicidal and whiny it made me wishing that something would kill him every episode.

The whole show felt like it was insulting my attention span/intelligence the entire way through. 

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:32:03 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 28, 2011, 12:58:02 pm »

I liked the gore that was about it, also i didn't even know the ending was the ending for a while.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 28, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »

I liked the gore that was about it, also i didn't even know the ending was the ending for a while.

Yeah the gore wasn't bad.  At least it had that.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: June 28, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »

I also loved that the way most of the yomas piercing tendrils and attacks appear as if they were drawn to mimick ummmm...well you know :P
I also laughed for about an hour when Clair(?) flashed the bandits and they all ran in fear.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: June 28, 2011, 01:22:06 pm »

21st Century Boys is done now as well.  It pretty much just ties up any more loose ends from the ending.  Now that that's through with I can continue my Higurashi journey with Matsuribayashi-hen.

Vault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:41 pm »

The ending isn't actually the ending. The manga for Claymore is still ongoing. Funnily enough I called this in the first few episodes. Jokingly saying that the show was so similar to Berserk that it'd probably end halfway through when it caught up to the manga and never bother doing a season two. :p

About to start reading another one of Hiroyuki's works, "Mangaka-san to Assisstant-san"... which I didn't know existed until the other day.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:42:53 pm by Vault »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 28, 2011, 02:21:40 pm »

Now that that's through with I can continue my Higurashi journey with Matsuribayashi-hen.
And soon you'll finally be able to read the Umineko WMG page.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: June 28, 2011, 03:18:13 pm »

Now that that's through with I can continue my Higurashi journey with Matsuribayashi-hen.
And soon you'll finally be able to read the Umineko WMG page.
Yeah let's just put spoilers for one game series into another game series page, great idea.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 2193