Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3072478 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #5970 on: January 15, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »

I am sorry, I will make sure not to correct your English diction later.  You can be offended at me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: January 15, 2011, 05:12:16 pm »

Well there obviusly will be a second season, i mean, who does something like THAT and doesn't do a second season
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5972 on: January 15, 2011, 05:29:24 pm »

I am sorry, I will make sure not to correct your English diction later.  You can be offended at me.

It wasn't really you, it was more Ein and that I felt like it was a pretty solid continuing rebuttal at my posting of it by the others. It's fine though. I'll avoid posting things like that in the future.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: January 16, 2011, 12:03:22 am »

Watching a Bleach filler, and the line that caught my attention was something like "Makoto brought the Bakkouto to Captain Yamoto". I would've turned off the TV right there if the line hadn't been so damn hilarious in its rhyming.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: January 16, 2011, 12:58:22 am »

Watching a Bleach filler, and the line that caught my attention was something like "Makoto brought the Bakkouto to Captain Yamoto". I would've turned off the TV right there if the line hadn't been so damn hilarious in its rhyming.

Oh my goodness...

Your station plays Bleach!?!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: January 16, 2011, 12:59:27 am »

It wasn't really you, it was more Ein and that I felt like it was a pretty solid continuing rebuttal at my posting of it by the others. It's fine though. I'll avoid posting things like that in the future.

No, please do let us know what you come up with.  I think we were just a bit surprised because it's been discussed so extensively over here, with bannings happening due to folks displaying gifs from that show.

I'm always glad for reviews, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »

Sorry for double-post, but... Baccano!

Oh my god oh my god

Wakamoto voices Gustav?  Now I know this show is going to be amazing.  I was already impressed by the writing, but if it's got Wakamoto on board then I am a happy, happy camper.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: January 16, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »

One Piece 475, oh yeah.  Just a few more just a few more.

EDIT:
Watch the second half of Angel Beats! and finished that.  Pretty good series in my book.  No other way to end it though hehe,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Also, Jegus.  What is up with the beginning of Bakemonogatari?  So many different things are just flashing up everywhere.  I'm seeing loads of single frame texts, arms being cut off, what man.  I was able to finish episode 1 though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:14:17 am by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: January 17, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

*Sigh*

I have to start another anime. I tried watching Astroboy (the newer one) but unfortunately the episodes are out of order and I HATE seeing these gigantic time jumps.

Maybe I'll watch something from Arina... I liked Fullmoon... could she possibly make another good anime?

Maybe I should get into Manga... but it is tough.

I will admit Arina has a hillarious tendency to remake her characters multiple times.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:21:08 pm by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: January 17, 2011, 06:38:03 pm »

You should definitely get into Manga, especially for the ones that'll never get an anime adaption.
A good offline reader is MangaMeeya and good places to read online are BleachExile (don't worry, it's not just Bleach :P) and MangaFox.
For recommendations try out this image or just look around tvtropes or Wikipedia I guess.

Some manga I recommend myself (I'll put *'s near ones I've read through completely and ^'s near ones I don't have too much knowledge about):

Shōnen,
Bakuman - nothing fantasy or sci-fi here, more slice of life and meta, don't expect to be entertained all the time
Detective Conan - mystery series that will never end, really freakin long, if you love mysteries check this out NOW
Fairy Tail - like One Piece but with mage guilds, has an anime with cool music but I like the manga more
Fullmetal Alchemist* - it's FMA, come on
One Piece(* very shortly) - if you don't want to deal with padding and some poor art directors then reading the manga is a better choice
Mirai Nikki* - had some fun moments, but you should only read this non-seriously, hehehe

Seinen,
Berserk^ - art for characters and stuff is more detailed so it's kinda weird but this is pretty much a mandatory one
Liar Game* - like Death Note but is less ridiculous with the things that happen, more adult for sure
Monster* - yes yes and more yes, quite lengthy and has a solid ending, thriller genre
Vinland Saga^ - really need to check this one out, it looks really interesting

There are a few more I know almost nothing about but I'm certain I'll try them later,
20th Century Boys
Akagi
Akira
Blame!
Gintama
Mushishi
The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (sounds really awesome)

There's also this series called Rail Index or something but I don't know anything about it.

...And there you go.

Oh, download manga from here before looking somewhere else.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: January 17, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »

Alright, I'll look into Toony. Thanks

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: January 17, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »

I never thought I'd watch a magical girls' anime until Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PuellaMagiMadokaMagica

For information purposes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:17:46 am by Kusgnos »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:06 pm »

Isn't that the new Shaft show?

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:51 pm »

Yeah. Plus, it has music from Yuki Kajiura. The animation is also of superb quality. Actual mouths moving to the words, high attention to detail in environment, very unique architecture, and smooth movements when running, flying, or firing rifles.

As for the plot, I'm waiting for the next episode to be shown. So far, some group has translated the runes in the anime that show up during fights into German, and some people have found references to Faust and other literature. It's all kind of crazy detailed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »

Magical Girl is a wide Genre (In fact, as time moves on "Magical Girl" isn't so much a genre onto itself but more of a trope within it)

For example Full Moon Wo Sagashite (my favorite anime...) I THINK is a Magical Girl Anime.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 2193