Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061146 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23430 on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:25 am »

When I want to add a less serious tone to what I'm saying, yes.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23431 on: July 15, 2015, 02:28:30 am »

prolly is that.

i only know of the purple snaekgrills.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23432 on: July 15, 2015, 02:29:59 am »

And thus we come full circle.
All Gundams are Mobile Suits, but not all Mobile Suits are Gundams.

I'd love to challenge you to a "Mobile Suit, Gundam, or Other!" game :P

Because believe it or not! There are a few others in the series that have a mobile suit design but aren't gundams or mobile suits. As well as quite a few Gundams that are rather... paultry to sale the least.

---

You know... Million Doll is odd in that it is an Otaku series that seems to, to me, HATE the Otaku culture.

It feels like an anime made for Otaku by someone who isn't an otaku but despises them.

Like someone who written a show about dungeons and dragons, for people who play dungeons and dragons, by someone who thinks Dungeons and Dragons is satanic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:47:11 am by Neonivek »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23433 on: July 15, 2015, 09:33:55 am »

I just got done watching Patema Inverted, and goddamn am I impressed. For anyone that has not seen it, just drop what you're doing and watch it right now. The english dub is good and is free on HULU, and I hate Hulu so that tells you how much I like this movie.
On your advice, I just watched Patema Inverted. The concept was really cool and visually it was very appealing, well worth watching, but it was definitely obvious that they thought of the concept first then tried to come up with some characters and plot to show it off.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23434 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:38 am »

I just got done watching Patema Inverted, and goddamn am I impressed. For anyone that has not seen it, just drop what you're doing and watch it right now. The english dub is good and is free on HULU, and I hate Hulu so that tells you how much I like this movie.
On your advice, I just watched Patema Inverted. The concept was really cool and visually it was very appealing, well worth watching, but it was definitely obvious that they thought of the concept first then tried to come up with some characters and plot to show it off.

I'm actually perfectly alright with that. It was presented amazingly after all.

Jarvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23435 on: July 15, 2015, 11:50:21 am »

What shows from this season have you guys picked up? I'm only watching GATE and Charlotte at the moment.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23436 on: July 15, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »

And thus we come full circle.
All Gundams are Mobile Suits, but not all Mobile Suits are Gundams.

I'd love to challenge you to a "Mobile Suit, Gundam, or Other!" game :P

Because believe it or not! There are a few others in the series that have a mobile suit design but aren't gundams or mobile suits. As well as quite a few Gundams that are rather... paultry to sale the least.

Clarify. Because that's like saying "there are some geometric shapes that have rectangular design but aren't rectangular". Just about the only thing I can think of that would match that would be Feddie pods from the original series.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23437 on: July 15, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »

He probably means the humanoid mobile armors I think. Or being overly specific about the Mobile Fighter designation maybe?

...well either that or the Mars Suits from Frozen Teardrop :P

But er yeah just in case someone missed it due to page eating happening so fast, link to my post about the new gundam info
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:56:06 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23438 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

What shows from this season have you guys picked up? I'm only watching GATE and Charlotte at the moment.

I've checked into quite a few, but so far I am not assured that any of them will be good all the way through yet.

Gangsta has potential, but I also feel it might fall apart into shit at any moment if the writing is bad.

Gakkou Gurashi has already deviated quite a bit from the manga, though they did handle the first episode well.

Dragon Ball Super is probably going to be fairly bad, we already have Vegeta going to an amusement park.

Overlord and Gate, the horse is still out on.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23439 on: July 15, 2015, 03:29:54 pm »

I've checked into quite a few, but so far I am not assured that any of them will be good all the way through yet.

Gangsta has potential, but I also feel it might fall apart into shit at any moment if the writing is bad.

Gakkou Gurashi has already deviated quite a bit from the manga, though they did handle the first episode well.

Dragon Ball Super is probably going to be fairly bad, we already have Vegeta going to an amusement park.

Overlord and Gate, the horse is still out on.
Gangsta if they don't build more plot and keeping on one army dude it's going to get dropped fast.

Rokka so far I am liking how the show is but might be progressing too much with two new characters already and looks like going to be some internal fighting.

Dragon Ball Super...... meh still wait for dub :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23440 on: July 15, 2015, 04:41:43 pm »

Still searching for Arm of Kannon. No scanlations or issues that aren't out of stock anywhere, bluh :/
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23441 on: July 15, 2015, 04:42:28 pm »

Yeah to admit Super Dragon Ball feels like it is starting during the filler episodes.

Worse yet currently it is just retelling the movie.

I am sure it will get going eventually

But goodness I used to think the God of Destruction was Neutral in the movie... I mean the first thing he wanted to do when awake was kill Frieza. But the Show paints him as kind of despicably evil.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #23442 on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »

I'm really hoping there actually IS a threat that isn't Weiss and the Destroyer. Because there'll be a hell of a lot of filler if there's no actual enemies to fight until the movie's events.

I actually like the design of Beerus and Weiss, being so powerful and so far removed from things that things like good and evil aren't actually of concern to them. They just do what they do, because they want to.

But if there's 10 more episodes of "Piccolo buys a car" or "Gohan's fishing adventures", then I'll probably just watch the new movie and skip the series until they're all out, then fast forward through 80% of it. Or do a background easter egg hunt or something.
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23443 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:13 pm »

Ohh if you pay attention during Episode 2 they cooked Icarus (Gohan's dragon)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23444 on: July 15, 2015, 05:40:35 pm »

But goodness I used to think the God of Destruction was Neutral in the movie... I mean the first thing he wanted to do when awake was kill Frieza. But the Show paints him as kind of despicably evil.
That's what I got out of the movie too. Beerus is just a dude with the power to destroy planets. He's not a dude deliberately going out to destroy planets unless said planets are on the list for being destroyed. Don't piss him off and take his pudding and he's chill.

But I guess if the current show is being depicted from the point of view of the "good guys" then a dude with the power to destroy planets at will could be instinctively considered "evil" due to the power they have and the job they have.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1561 1562 [1563] 1564 1565 ... 2193