Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061584 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23445 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »

Ohh if you pay attention during Episode 2 they cooked Icarus (Gohan's dragon)

Yeah, I mentioned that. It wasn't necessarily his dragon, but it was a dragon. And since it was at a resort/theme park, you can only assume that eating dragons is a pretty common thing for humans to do, even if it is a gourmet dish for the rich.

Poor little buggers. I wonder what they do with the wings?
It's a game. Have fun.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: July 15, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »

Just like chicken.

I'd... Honestly actually be happiest if they did lots of the "Piccolo buys a car, Vegeta goes to an amusement park" sort of stuff. I always found that hilarious, and the fight scenes lost impact around the time of Cell. Maybe with Beerus it won't be as bad because he doesn't have lolwtfregeneration, but the fight scenes really aren't all that interesting. I mean, sure, it's Dragon Ball, but... It's not actually a good series for its fights, honestly speaking. At least, post-Jr. Arc.

The episodes I find myself repeatedly going back to watch are:

First Martial Arts Tournament arc. (Dragonball, roughly 11-17)
Tienshinhan Arc. (Dragonball, roughly 60-80)
Daimao Piccolo Arc. (Dragonball, roughly 80-100)
Jr. Arc. (Dragonball, roughly 100-116)
Training for the Saiyans Arc. (DBZ, roughly 5-17)
Great Saiyaman Arc. (DBZ, roughly... Somehwere in the 200s? 210-230?)

I dunno, I'm not really a big fan of DBZ, honestly.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: July 16, 2015, 12:06:37 am »

Well My Love Story has hit filler mode

I know Full Moon Wo Sagashite had filler too but it was kind of working towards something.

My Love Story really doesn't have anywhere to go right now. Everything is kind of "perfect"

It stayed relevant longer because the issues they brought up were important or were real developments in the relationship.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:09:20 am by Neonivek »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: July 16, 2015, 05:39:05 am »

I love Yugioh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is amazing. And, not coincidentally, somewhat JoJoish.

What sort of demented keyboard is that? Why are CapsLock and Tab on the right-hand side?!? THERE IS NO LOGIC IN THIS WORLD! >:(
Right, JoJo's. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: July 16, 2015, 05:53:08 am »

Well My Love Story has hit filler mode

I know Full Moon Wo Sagashite had filler too but it was kind of working towards something.

My Love Story really doesn't have anywhere to go right now. Everything is kind of "perfect"

It stayed relevant longer because the issues they brought up were important or were real developments in the relationship.

There you have the reason "will they/won't they" manga series string out the decision for soooo long. People complain if there is slow relationship development but they also complain if the development is too rapid. But the people complaining about it being dragged out are still reading and the people complaining about it having being resolved too fast have usually stopped reading. And writing a specific manga is the entire livelihood of the bulk of manga authors so you can't really blame them for stringing series out as much as possible.

It's possible that the chosen English language title of Ore Monogatari has changed your expectations Neo. Ore Monogatari means "My Story" in Japanese, not "My Love Story", which was something tacked on by the English distributors. So "Love" does not even appear in the title hence it's not billed about being only about that. Ore Monogatari is a slice of life series about Takeo's life in general, it's not a story about his girlfriend relationship.

The telling point is the cover art. In both the manga and anime covers, Takeo is shown in the foreground, Sunukawa and Yamato are in the background, or he's prominent, and Sunukawa+Yamato are sort of smooshed together one side:

Basically, there are NO cover-art pictures which show him and the girl as a couple without giving his best friend equal billing. "My Story" not "My LOVE Story".

In a Rom Com manga cover art, the male and female leads are normally shown side-by-side, and any friends will be very small in the background:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:50:49 am by Reelya »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: July 16, 2015, 07:48:59 am »

So I wanna watch A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun. Any recommendations for what order of episodes I should watch them in? While writing this post, I found that there's a sequel series to ASMI and something called A Certain Scientific Railgun S. Imma need assistance.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #23451 on: July 16, 2015, 08:18:14 am »

So I wanna watch A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun. Any recommendations for what order of episodes I should watch them in? While writing this post, I found that there's a sequel series to ASMI and something called A Certain Scientific Railgun S. Imma need assistance.

In order of production, it goes ACMI 1 -> ACSR 1 -> ACMI 2 -> ASCR S. In chronological order, it goes ACSR 1 -> ACSR S = ACMI 1  -> ACMI 2.

Personally, I watched them in order of production and it was fine, but it would have worked just as well if I started with Railgun instead. Only thing I'd say is to make sure you watch Index 1 before Railgun S and not after, because S and Index share an arc, but S was made later so it has way better production values and is quite a bit more detailed.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: July 16, 2015, 08:45:48 am »

Just finished watching RAKUEN TSUIHO - Expelled from Paradise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnLZdm7T4QQ

It had an interesting setting & I actually I enjoyed it.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: July 16, 2015, 09:07:09 am »

I think that movie is going to contentious. I hated it. Urobutcher at his finest. Some interesting ideas but the actual narrative and characters sucked.

Basically you have a 1-dimensional blonde loli tsundere and a cardboard cut-out toughguy teaming up for a sci-fi road trip. Naturally, the Tsundere is voiced by Kugimiya Rie, so she's the most cliched hyperbolic blonde loli tsundere possible. Sure Kugimiya Rie is a fun voice actress, and good at those roles. But that doesn't give writers an excuse to trot out the same characters and dialogue every time for her to voice. So the female lead is basically Louise, Shana, Aria, Astarotte, Taiga and every other similar Kugimiya Rie character all over again. But I actually enjoyed all those things more than this movie.

Full CGI, and it was done in a way that the tsundere's expressions that should have looked cuted just looked ugly and deformed. I did not care for the character asthetic. Yeah, so a pile of out-there ideas, but the writing and the characters.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:31:55 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: July 16, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »

There you have the reason "will they/won't they" manga series string out the decision for soooo long. People complain if there is slow relationship development but they also complain if the development is too rapid. But the people complaining about it being dragged out are still reading and the people complaining about it having being resolved too fast have usually stopped reading. And writing a specific manga is the entire livelihood of the bulk of manga authors so you can't really blame them for stringing series out as much as possible.

I dunno it wasn't so bad until exactly this episode. Because the others were filler but they were actually important. For example showing Takeo to her friends, his friend's father is having trouble, a jealous ex.

This is the first pure filler of something no one cares about and with no stakes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: July 16, 2015, 06:58:56 pm »

In order of production, it goes ACMI 1 -> ACSR 1 -> ACMI 2 -> ASCR S. In chronological order, it goes ACSR 1 -> ACSR S = ACMI 1  -> ACMI 2.

Personally, I watched them in order of production and it was fine, but it would have worked just as well if I started with Railgun instead. Only thing I'd say is to make sure you watch Index 1 before Railgun S and not after, because S and Index share an arc, but S was made later so it has way better production values and is quite a bit more detailed.
This right here. And then go watch the movie and laugh out loud about how hilariously they lampshade the retcon they need to do at the start of the film. Also don't forget to go back and catch the 3-4 special short episodes for each season after you finish it; some of them can be really funny.

Edit: One additional note though, but honestly Railgun works a lot better as a Sub than a Dub. The Dub still works, but a very large part of the Misaka <-> Kuroko interactions depend pretty heavily on some Japanese language and culture stuff, and the translations just don't work as well. (Though on the other hand the younger sounding voices make some of the darker stuff much worse to watch happening). Your choice, of course, but just something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:02:11 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: July 16, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »

Thank you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: July 17, 2015, 03:43:05 am »

Any place to legally watch these online? I tried searching for the Railgun series on Crunchyroll a while back and had no luck at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: July 17, 2015, 03:50:10 am »

It's a Funimation series.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/a-certain-scientific-railgun/videos

you might be able to view them where you live, they're region blocked for me, but they have video links for all 48 episodes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23459 on: July 18, 2015, 01:49:56 am »

It's a Funimation series.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/a-certain-scientific-railgun/videos

you might be able to view them where you live, they're region blocked for me, but they have video links for all 48 episodes.
Hrm. Not region blocked for me, but unless I'm willing to disable adblock it might as well be :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2193