Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3079531 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #14100 on: July 04, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »

When people say to me that Sengoku Basara is cool and to watch it...  I respond with Sengoku Basura? 
(Basura is Spanish for garbage.)

To this day, I havn't bothered to watch it, despite being a fan of the Warring States and 3 Kingdoms period...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »

Honestly you are not missing much. I actually think the games are cooler then the anime.

Heck at one point in the anime their budget runs so thin they actually have to run it without color.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: July 04, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »

It was certainly not amazing but some of the scenes are so ridiculous it can be worth watching if that is your kind of thing.
Like the scene where Hideyoshi splits the sea by punching it, or when Takeda rides up a castle wall on his horse while standing.

The show is no work of art, has a lot of shonen bullshit and filler and the games are quite better. The best part is the engrish, the physics breaking, and some of the music.
It's a guilty pleasure because you know you are watching something horrible.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24:06 pm »

It's a guilty pleasure because you know you are watching something horrible

It isn't that bad. The show does everything it attempts to.

There is no guilt in this pleasure.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: July 05, 2013, 12:07:06 am »

For a moment I was wondering why you guys were calling it a show, I only knew it as related but different to Dynasty Warriors games. But now I have something else to watch eventually, because why the heck not. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:25 am »

It's a guilty pleasure because you know you are watching something horrible

It isn't that bad. The show does everything it attempts to.

There is no guilt in this pleasure.

Well I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, I love silly hotblooded shenanigans.
It's hard to find stuff that goes as over the top as I'd like, unfortunately.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: July 05, 2013, 02:14:07 am »

I know... but to me guilty pleasure means: Something you like, but you know isn't good (or at least not intentionally)

For example I absolutely love the TV show Life with Bonnie... Yet I know it is terrible.

But what I am saying about Sangou Basara is that it is actually legitimately good on purpose. Not amazing, just ok... but certainly not a guilty pleasure.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: July 05, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »

ANyone messed around with the shingeki no kyojin game/simulator thing? It's okay, takes a while to get the hang of the 3DMG though, and those running ones always get me, seems right now it is nigh impossible to kill them. Managed to get 10 kills before one grabbed me.

Link (http://fenglee.com/game/aog/), for those interested (it's unity).

Rewatching Toradora atm, and then Clannad, if I can figure out why my HDD is twice as full as it should be. Seriously, I have been trying to figure it out for the best part of half a day now; a tech wizard I am not.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: July 05, 2013, 05:35:14 pm »

BUT I AM :P

probably just got some files piled up place deep, try running this program http://windirstat.info/
thats how i found out where all i hid my 100s of VNs >_____>

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »

probably just got some files piled up place deep, try running this program http://windirstat.info/

Huh, wow, this is useful! Booted it up and am not 100GB up, after deleting that huge chunk of data that was steam... SO I can download more anime, huzzah!

Still doesn't quite match up though, the file sizes. Maybe windows is trying to keep backups of my anime folder or something *shrug*. Gonna look for an external HD, since right now apparenty 63% of my HDD is dedicated to anime :P

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »

The missing space could be caused by fragmentation or system restore shadow copies. Vista in particular can have problems with going crazy on both fronts and eating up 30+ GB.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: July 05, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

Yeah, if you alter significant amounts of free space, you should probably defrag if its not an SSD.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: July 05, 2013, 11:08:34 pm »

Huh, wow, this is useful! Booted it up and am not 100GB up, after deleting that huge chunk of data that was steam... SO I can download more anime, huzzah!

Still doesn't quite match up though, the file sizes. Maybe windows is trying to keep backups of my anime folder or something *shrug*. Gonna look for an external HD, since right now apparenty 63% of my HDD is dedicated to anime :P
I've got a bookshelf with two shelves dedicated to anime. The top shelf is anime I'll want to watch again and again as the mood strikes me, while the second shelf is anime that I've watched and maybe will watch again but probably won't for a long time. In hindsight I don't download anime because I like having a hard copy of the shows I like to watch so I don't end up accidentially losing it and having to redownload the whole thing, and also because my computer can't play HD due to the fact that it's an old piece of shit. That in hindsight is kind of what I meant when I said old-fashioned previously.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: July 07, 2013, 05:35:56 am »

So everyone's favorite openings seem to have come out now...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09:05 am »

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyō seems like it wants to be another dark magical girl anime. I'm not sure I want to watch another show that likes to stab my heart and leave the knife inside. Not unless I have enough good light-hearted series to cancel it out this season.

Spoiler: What it's about (click to show/hide)

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 2193