Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3073151 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13035 on: December 15, 2012, 01:37:58 am »

Well, the big "girl assassin + covert organization" one from the era just before the Excel Saga manga was clearly Ghost in the shell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: December 15, 2012, 10:06:24 pm »

I started watching Trigun. I am currently on episode 5. Loving the series so far, though.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13037 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

To the users who suggested the animes: Thanks!
No need to start an 'infighting' over Yandere/Yangire or the likes. I'm actually researching on the 'love twisted to the point of becoming murderous' for fanfiction purposes, and as such (Having actually seen Lelouch of the rebellion R1 and R2 too) I was merely curious on more titles I probably did not know about.
SO once more, thanks to everyone, no need to fight!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: December 16, 2012, 06:51:43 pm »

I finished Swan Song.
Depressing depressing depressing

Gonna go crawl in a corner.  Maybe there's some special second playthrough thing...

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: December 17, 2012, 02:16:39 am »

I finished Swan Song.
Depressing depressing depressing

Gonna go crawl in a corner.  Maybe there's some special second playthrough thing...
I want that game. I must hunt down a torrent for it.

To the users who suggested the animes: Thanks!
No need to start an 'infighting' over Yandere/Yangire or the likes. I'm actually researching on the 'love twisted to the point of becoming murderous' for fanfiction purposes, and as such (Having actually seen Lelouch of the rebellion R1 and R2 too) I was merely curious on more titles I probably did not know about.
SO once more, thanks to everyone, no need to fight!

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:15:32 am by dei »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: December 17, 2012, 03:11:18 am »

There's really no way to respond directly to this without sinking to his level -_-

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13041 on: December 17, 2012, 03:11:58 am »

I'm not fighting. I just don't like the new guy who has two accounts.
Dude, he's been here two years and has been pretty active in GD. Dislike him if you feel like you have to but it's not fair to call him new.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #13042 on: December 17, 2012, 08:05:15 am »

Most of the comments were redacted before I was able to read them, but maybe it's just as well.  The fighting doesn't need to continue beyond this point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: December 19, 2012, 05:14:04 pm »

Rewatched .hack//sign a wee while ago. I'd forgotten just how much /talking/ that anime is. It's just talking. I think it could be an audio track if you don't want to feed your eyes the interesting scenery it has. Upside down dungeon = yes.

It's not just that the whole anime is about talking, though. It just seems like everyone is completely alienated with each other until you don't know why they're taking a videogame so seriously lol. I wonder if it's the culture difference, but gods they seem so closed off. Maybe that's the point.

On the other side of the spectrum is Trinity Blood, an action-filled anime about vampires, vampires who eat vampires, and the pope that has a great army of airships. Pretty nice entertainment but so many missed opportunities. The plot doesn't really make much sense or go anywhere even though the setting is amazing and the characters are pretty good. Just shallow I guess.

Need to find something new... I've rewatched the few shows I know many times but it's so hard to get into a new series. :\

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: December 19, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »

Honestly at first I thought the .Hack world was Virtual reality

But apperantly not... Other then VR Helmets you control your characters completely by keyboard... and those VR Helmets are just for seeing.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: December 20, 2012, 07:15:03 am »

Plowing through my anime backlog like a horny Zeus through greek women in his special list.

- Finally finished both seasons of Spice & Wolf from where I left of. Gonna' miss Horo & Lawrence's fun banter.

- Finished Paranoia Agent...Kinda' interesting sure, but not really sure what to think of it (I'm basically: Well, that's done...what should I watch next?).

- Currently going through Durarara!! Quite a nice setting & interesting cast. Also enjoying all the references to Baccano! & stuff (Actual Miria & Isaac cameo~! that gave me a big smile indeed).

- Almost done with Dancouga Nova. Nothing special really, just watching because of the Super Robot Wars game I was playing. Basically an old fashioned giant robot show with QUALITY animation that even made me laugh in one of those supposedly "serious danger" scenes (For a 2007 show, that's just sad).

- Also following some of the last seasons shows which are ending. Winter season shows are mostly meh...though some OVAs & movies seems interesting (like the latest Berserk movie).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: December 20, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:52:35 pm by Bronimin »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25:15 pm »

Also, dorohedoro is the best thing.
I finished volume 16 last night.  Only one more volume from this year, noooo
Spoiler: HAHAH, HAHAAHA (click to show/hide)

Diebuster is kind of like a Gurren Lagann-y Gunbuster but I don't really find it engaging beyond "ooo kirei pretty".  I did episode 4 last.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:15 pm »

SO DELICIOUS WILL FRY YOUR TASTE BUDS (and everything else too)!

As you may already know (knowing Toony, he definitively does), Virtue's last Reward, the sequel to 999 got released last month (for us 'peans at least. With a less than optimal port too I bet :V).
And I'm gonna play the shit out of it once it's done downloading. On hard mode, of course. I'm not a wuss.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: December 20, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »

Diebuster is kind of like a Gurren Lagann-y Gunbuster but I don't really find it engaging beyond "ooo kirei pretty".  I did episode 4 last.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 2193