Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074738 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13065 on: December 22, 2012, 03:47:24 am »

So uhhh... is anyone really dying or is that a joke?

Since technically

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: December 22, 2012, 04:49:21 am »

I just 100%'d Virtue's Last Reward. It's as if 999 had a lovechild with Ever17. And then it got a pet kitten. Or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: December 22, 2012, 08:54:26 pm »

I think I found the winners of the "Most Passive Anime characters ever" award (though... this other anime is tough to beat but I never watched it and I don't remember its name)

Holy goodness does terrible things happen in Vanguard and no one does anything.

One person gets migranes, blackouts, memory loss, personality altering, and fainting and no one brings them to the hospital. It could have been a brain tumor for all they knew and no one thought to have a doctor look at them.

AHHH!

I am watching the second season and the stupid passiveness of "Lets not do anything" is right from the getgo.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: December 24, 2012, 04:47:01 pm »

I finally finished Angel Densetsu after much motivation.  I enjoyed the first few volumes, but when I realized the mangaka was never going to do anything with the series and I had to experience the same jokes or quirks repeatedly for the next ten volumes my patience quickly wavered and turned into semi-loathing.  Too long for what it is.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: December 25, 2012, 03:34:05 pm »

I enjoyed the earlier parts of Angel Densetsu more than the latter part. I think this was because the plot of the story altered itself too much over time; going from mostly comedy to slice-of-life, which is a genre I'm not too fond of.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: December 25, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

I enjoyed the earlier parts of Angel Densetsu more than the latter part. I think this was because the plot of the story altered itself too much over time; going from mostly comedy to slice-of-life, which is a genre I'm not too fond of.

I have a feeling most people arn't too big fans of Slice of Life genre.

There is no genre more boring then a badly done Slice of Life. It sort of limits you to the greats.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: December 25, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »

So I watched the first two eps of the original 1972 Cutie Honey, and holy shit is this just a campy, enjoyable show. I thought when I watched Re: Cutie Honey it was just a re-imagining of the original, but nope, it's a perfect homage. This is just silly and fun in it's own weirdly genius way.

And it's weird, cause like where Re: Cutie Honey had very frequent nudity, but in this harmlessly playful kind of way that worked, the original also has these frequent panty shots that don't seem like they're degenerate grabs at horny kids, it's almost cute and innocent in a weird way, especially since they're not 'panties' but those old flowery bloomers you never see anymore.

And the ending credits? They seem normal until it's starts getting epic out of nowhere. I love it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: December 25, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »

FKMTkrazy started DKaiji Kazuya-hen.  Best Christmas ever?

EDIT:
Also what the fuck a new Dorohedoro chapter too.  Yay
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:48:49 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58:33 am »

It is mostly because Cutie Honey had fan service but didn't revel in it like most other animes that would feature nudity. Often making it easy to forget there even is fanservice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: December 26, 2012, 03:44:05 am »

I started Parasyte yesterday after putting it off for literally years.  It's a manga like Berserk where I know it exists for so long, but never read it until now for some reason.  Also hey it's by the same mangaka who does Historie so hooray.
Spoiler: spoiler images a'hoy (click to show/hide)
Yes I'm enjoying it.  I'm on volume 5 now.  Things are a bit shambly, but otherwise things happen and it's traumatizing so yay.

I guess a good way to put it is if Snatcher took place in a 90s high school manga and fucked everything up, also aliens.

(maybe I'll read more LNs with my new Nook...)

This is what I do on Christmas night.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:45:37 am by ToonyMan »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: December 26, 2012, 12:58:00 pm »

Overall, second season of Sword Art Online has been pretty lackluster in the story department...  I would still recommend the first season either way...  and this whole thing is based off of some novel?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: December 26, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »

Kitty no! D:

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: December 26, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »

Overall, second season of Sword Art Online has been pretty lackluster in the story department...  I would still recommend the first season either way...  and this whole thing is based off of some novel?
A lot of anime is based off bad light novels.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: December 26, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »

A lot of anime is based off bad light novels.

I've noticed that.

I spoken to someone about it and they say that sometimes a company will make a small anime as "training" so to speak.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: December 29, 2012, 10:07:20 am »

I tried to watch steins gate ages ago but stopped a few episodes in. Tried again, wow this gets really good, only about half way in but geez.

Spoiler: ep 12-15 spolier (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:36:29 am by Mattk50 »
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 2193