Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131281 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2009, 10:31:41 pm »

we must crush them, or they will never be our food!

Oh yeah, and the sticking-out section of that waterfall generator is supposed to be used to pump water to the top. a grate on the roof of it can be used to refill the pool.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »

Preoccupied with slaughtering terrified horses not even Snodub noticed Wok running up from the lower levels. As he saw the grass soaked with blood and the fallen Dwarves everywhere...including his friends and fellow Warriors rage flowed through him. Ripping his sword from its sheath he let loose a wild cry and charged the nearest Goblin, a Wrestler who leapt to the side to dodge the blade and recieved a broken neck instead. The other Goblins and Snodub turned on Wok and the Wrestlers and Macegobs rushed him while Snodub hung back to enjoy the show.

The 2nd Wrestler quickly joined his friend in death, minus his head. The 3 Macegobs rushed him as one, slamming their maces into Wok's shield and armor as his sword cut gashs in armor and skin. As Goblin blood pooled on the grass 2 more headless corpses fell. The final Macegob stared in terror at the fierce warrior before him and turned to run. He got all of 2 feet before Wok slashed his legs and sent him flying to the base of the wall.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I told you guys we still had a trick up our sleeve.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2009, 11:17:54 pm »

Now all that remains to be seen is if Speardwarf will leap off of a cliff and stab Snodub through the heart. Even better if they strangle each other to death afterwards. I wouldn't be averse to my dwarf dying in such an epic manner  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:50 pm »

As the legless Goblin impacted the wall Snodub charged Wok with a roar. Wok ducked as the pike swung down to split his head. Swinging his sword he did no more damage then anyone else had against the spiraled armor. Changing tactics he tried chopping at Snodub's head but the Goblin leapt aside and left Wok spinning as the Pikemaster stabbed the pike tip through his arm, sword falling to the ground as Wok fell to his knees and Snodub raised his pike high as another cruel laugh escaped his lips...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for breaking it up so much but the internet is trying to screw with me by closing randomly and I refuse not to post this tale now.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2009, 01:18:12 am »

As the pike swung down it deflected off the head of a hammer. Raising his head Wok saw Sir Nil standing in front of Snodub. Nil leapt back as he pushed the pike away from Wok who managed to stumble unsteadily safety before collapsing again.

Gritting his teeth Nil raised his shield to deflect another attack. The point of the pike stabbed staright through the shield. Snodub's strength snapped the straps holding the shield to Nil's arm and sent it clattering to the ground. Without his shield Nil was forced to go on the attack and use his speed to avoid the blows of Snodub's pike.

Ducking under a swing of the pike Nil rolled to Snodub's left and sprang to his feet, hammer swinging and leaving a large dent in the armor and causing Snodub to stagger. After several more blows Snodubs armor was greatly dented but still strong.

Sending the pike slashing again Snodub waited for Nil to duck away before using his leg to trip Nil up, sending him to the ground. Survival instincts kicking in again Nil rolled to the side and grabbed Snodub's leg pulling him down. Standing and grabbing his hammer he proceeded to beat Snodub's armor into an ugly wreck of dents and tiny cracks.

Raising the hammer for another blow he had completely forgotten the pike until it pierced his leg. As his leg buckled under him Nil edged backwards to avoid Snodub's pike. As the Goblin leapt at him, pike tip ready to pierce his heart Nil drew the dagger from his belt and plunged it into Snodub's helmet. The heavy iron buckled under the thin blade and an outraged cry echoed from inside as the dagger sunk deeply into Snodub's head, silencing his cruel laughter forever.

As he withdrew the dagger and stepped back Snodub's body fell to the ground the armor that he wore began to flake away, soon leaving nothing but the red spiral on the chest of an ugly Goblin.

The first thing Nil did was to head downstairs get Kornash to put the civilians into groups to cart all the bodies away and look for survivors. Finding Fireheart he reported that the attack was over but the price was high. Then he went topside to help his friends while the civilians clustered around Kornash.

Upon reaching the surface he rushed to the first Warriors he saw. Iton and Speardwarf were still laying in a tangled heap amid the debris of the explosion but after a few moments of shaking they came to groggy, confused and with large gashes in their armor but their injuries would heal.

Wok had already been carried inside to the Barracks with Vabok so he proceeded to look for Hawkfrost. After a while he found her half-buried under a pile of bones and rotten corpses but alive. She was still uncouncious but her wounds didn't look to serious.

As the civilians came out and stopped to marvel at the destruction wrought by one Goblin Sir Nil pulled Mothwing aside and sent her back inside to the Barracks while he stayed to supervise the clean-up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some battle. Alot of injuries but none of our Warriors are dead. At least not yet.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2009, 01:38:21 am »

24th Limestone

3 days after the battle Sir Nil knocked on the door to Fireheart's office and entered. He could see Fireheart behind a stack of papers that he pushed to the side as Nil approached. "Well Nil." He said after a moment. "How bad was it?" "Our injuries are healing well. Hawkfrost's sister Mothwing has turned the Barracks into a hospital and is making great progress. Wok is already walking the halls again and Iton and Speardwarf's are healing quickly. Vabok is still suffering from his broken arm. Hawkfrost is still out cold though. We can tell she is alive but she's uncouncious." Nil reported.

"At the moment the Merchants with pack animals are still slowly returning. They managed to escape the fighting. The wagon drivers and all the Guards we've found were dead but we're still searching the wreckage of the wagons for survivors."

"What is the current deathtoll?" Fireheart asked. "7 Horses, 1 Marksdwarf, 2 Sworddwarves, 1 Axedwarf, 1 Speardwarf, 1 Hammerdwarf and 1 Merchant." Nil replied. Nodding Fireheart gave his orders. "Go tell Mothwing to take whatever she needs for our Warriors, the stockpiles are at her service. Then return to the search and let me know the moment anyone turns up alive." "Yes Fireheart." Nil said as he turned to go.

"One more thing." Nil said as he reached the door. "Most of our weapons and armor were torn up in that battle. We should have Sarek and Zaneg forge new equipment." "You're Deputy Nil, find Sarek and get what you need made."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A collection of broken limbs, several heavy wounds and a caravan almost wiped out by one Dwarf. I'm just glad the Liason was downstairs where it was safer. We need him.

I am planning to reforge everyones armor and weapons. This was a bad fight and now that we have Legendary Armorsmiths and Weaponsmiths I think it is important. Esspecially with all the Iron we have now.

Hawkfrost if its appealing to you I'd like to give your Dwarf the artifact Axe and if anybody wants the artifact Greaves let me know. If you want to carry 2 weapons instead of 1 weapon and shield then now is the time to say so as well.

Enjoy the story.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2009, 01:40:31 am »

And before I forget I took some shots of the aftermath battlefield.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2009, 02:09:53 am »

Holy. Holy. 0_o. Wow, just wow.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2009, 02:13:57 am »

The Good wow or the Bad wow?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2009, 08:33:33 am »

wow! I'll take the greaves, btw.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2009, 12:59:30 pm »

Sure, that would be great if Hawkfrost could have the axe!

Epic fight, Nil should be deputy.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:52 pm »

Nil is Deputy remember?

So Hawkfrost gets Flamequill and Speardwarf is getting Blazepulled.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30:51 pm »

Do'h, I forgot.
Well, he earned it.

The question is, will he go all Tigerclaw on Fireheart?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2009, 01:35:29 pm »

That remains to be seen along with the other mysteries surrounding our fortress.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »

Awesome storywriting Thunderclan, you made me think "oh christ I'm dead," but then I got my own epic fight.

"This is a masterfully written story, it is adorned with bands of awesome."
NOT THE BEES!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106