Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131266 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #360 on: February 26, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »

A Greataxe as befits a Goblin of that insanity. He was knocked uncouncious twice and got back up both times. Never seen that happen before.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2009, 08:01:48 pm »

I love how Iton can make their bolts explode to shred through armor like normal bolts do anyways.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2009, 08:08:39 pm »

Definetly one of the many awesome ideas you guys have given me.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2009, 11:59:50 am »

Wow by the end of this fort I'm going to have so many scars that I'm going to look like The Nameless One from planescape:torment.

Great story writing, the fort is going well so far.
NOT THE BEES!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2009, 09:01:42 am »

You know what we need?

in working out that tower I came to the following idea, a mini-waterfall. since all they care about is the mist, this is a quick build and makes a nice dining room accessory:

here's my prototype:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1144-mistgenerator
(you can see in that movie at least a little bit of what i was talking about with the wall-less pump tower, the exit tile from the lower pump is almost always bone-dry as the intake from the pump above sucks it up)

I think it can be shrunk even more to become the following:

heh, i'm a genius, i forgot to indicate the pumps. the important part is that the 'exit' tile of the upper pump be over open space, so power is transmitted from the lower pump

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2009, 07:25:04 pm »

The battle is finally over. But there were many casualties. The report will be up soonish along with a deathtoll

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 02, 2009, 07:26:08 pm »

So, Barbarossa, one of those for each suite?  They are micro, after all.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2009, 07:36:40 pm »

I still need to post my mural, right?

Code: [Select]
..-.+
.--..
=-=-.
=====

.  is blue
- is silver
+ is yellow
= is a dark stone

That should be fine.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:46 pm »

21st Limestone

It only took a moment for Sir Nil's instincts to kick in as everyone stared dumbly at the Goblins before them. Grabbing Wok and Kornash he yelled at them to get the civilians to the Dining Hall and guard them. As Dwarves fled into the depths of the fortress Vabok, Iton and Speardwarf came through the crowd to stand beside Hawkfrost and Sir Nil, weapons drawn.

With a cry the Warriors charged Snodub who stood watching them as he calmly drew his pike. Sir Nil was the first to reach the Goblin, swinging his hammer at his head only to be smacked across the courtyard where he smashed into the walls and slumped to the ground. Hawkfrost brought her axe down and managed to scratch Snodub's iron armor as he sent Vabok crumpling to the ground. Hawkfrost swung again but was deflected and thrown through the air to land among the bones and rotting corpses in the refuse pile.

Iton let fly a bolt from his crossbow and once more poured his strength into it as it thunked into the pikes wooden handle. As Iton released the strength he ducked behind his shield awaiting the explosion. After a moment he peeked over the shield in time to see Speardwarf flying at him. As the 2 Warriors were knocked back into a heap Snodub pried the bolt out of his pike and tossed it at the spot where Iton and Speardwarf had landed. Upon hitting the ground the bolt glowed slightly before it exploded showering the area with dust and bits of rock.

Snodub glanced around at his fallen opponents and, laughing turned his attention toward the Merchants cowering behind their Guards inside the Depot...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently Flamebanner Warriors aren't as tough as we all thought. At the moment Snodub has NO injuries.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2009, 08:40:40 pm »

This is why I normally don't ask for military dwarves  :'(
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 02, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »

With a cruel grin on his lips Snodub leaped into the group of Guards that stood before him, the blade of his pike cutting the air and Dwarf flesh alike. An Axedwarf and Sworddwarf were killed instantly, stabbed by the spike topping the blade and tossed through the entrance of Flamebanner.

A Speardwarf threw her spear at Snodub, who caught it and sent it flying back into the poor Dwarf, stabbing her through the lower body and pinning her to the wall of the Depot. He parried several swings from a white bearded Hammerdwarf and lashed back, slicing through the Dwarf's armor and leaving him in a growing pool of blood.

Another Sworddwarf and Axedwarf rushed Snodub. Swinging the pike back into its sheath he reached out and grabbed the Guards by the arms and proceeded to smash them into the walls and each other. As their cries of pain ceased he dropped them revealing the mangled arms through the broken armor.

At the sight of both their own Guards and the Thunderclan Warriors falling to the armored figure before them the Marksdwarves grabbed their quivers and fled through the entrance of Flamebanner, seeking safety. With the Guards gone Snodub turned to the Merchants. The pack animals and their guides stampeded out of the Depot in hopes of escaping into the woods and back home leaving the wagons behind.

The head Merchant dropped with a mangled legs as Snodub proceeded to kill 2 horses and smash the wagons to splinters. The remaining horses, freed of their burdens rushed to follow the others to the gates. As Snodub began stabbing the Guards and Merchants who were still alive he felt a bolt hit him in the back through the armor.

Turning he saw a Marksdwarf hastily loading another bolt. Seeing Snodub start toward him the Dwarf backed away as he tried to slide the bolt into place. He prepared to fire as Snodub's pike arced down and smashed into his left wrist, knocking the crossbow from it and bringing forth a cry of pain that was quickly silenced with a punch to the face.

Turning at a cry behind him Snodub saw his men coming out of the tower that connected to the wall and charging the stampeding horses...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awful lot of dead/injured Dwarves. Not looking good.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:55 pm »

Crap, I think it might end here...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 02, 2009, 09:58:54 pm »

Why would you think that?  ???

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »

Snodub is so powerful!
He reflects everything we throw at em!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2009, 10:11:12 pm »

There is that I suppose. Thunderclan still has a few tricks up its sleeve though.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 106