Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: evil place not so evil  (Read 1991 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
evil place not so evil
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:28:57 am »

i used the location finder to get high evil and savagry, yet its like a paradise here. i was a little worried about the dark gnomes as they were right next to me, but with my beggining soldier i wiped them all out, they didnt even fight back just ran away. then after then mole dogs and ratmen/snake men just appeared on the screen as deceased. whats going on?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: evil place not so evil
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:46:32 am »

Congratulations, you have a hidden chasm!

Also, give it some time. You may get undead giant eagle immigrants or something.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 12:52:34 am »

o thx that makes sense

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 05:36:20 am »

ratmen/swallowmen mean chasm, snake/lizardmen mean river/underground lake.  cave creatures usually start dying at the end of year 1.  if you have an underground river with a waterfall pretty much all underground water creatures are dead in about 2 mins
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 01:03:52 pm »

well i dug all around and used the trade depot access trick but nothing.....are you sure i have these things?

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »

They wouldn't be mysteriously appearing as deceased if you didn't.  You could try savescumming and then revealing the entire map to see where they are if you don't mind spoiling it.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 01:57:36 am »

whats the trade depot access trick? I havent heard of that one.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 02:28:40 am »

whats the trade depot access trick? I havent heard of that one.

If you build a trade depot and hit D to see the accessable areas, then go down to levels you have not dug into, you can use the information to find hidden areas. Most of the map on lower levels will be a sea of red D squares... this is because those sections have not been allocated (essentially the game doesn't know what is there until you try to dig there.)

If you find an area that is black without a bunch of red D squares, that area has been allocated. This means either you have a hidden feature (HFS, river, pool, magma pipe, etc) or that you designated a dig square there and then later erased the designation.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 08:54:12 am »

whats HFS?
There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 08:59:37 am »

Lovely lovely candy. If you find the magical blue rock, you have to dig it alllllll out to get the candy, kk?

... and make sure to get all your peasants down there to get all the candy out quickly, before it goes off :)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:01:00 am »

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 05:01:02 pm »

Ah lovely, lovely hfs! I like to make a savescum and tap into it from time to time, the last time I did was quite a show :3
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:27 pm »

You want to be careful when digging to discover Cave rivers and lakes. I managed to dig an upwards stairway into the bottom of a cave river above my entire fort. Reminded me of that boat movie where it rolls over and starts flooding.

If you really want evil go for grey and brown evil areas, not purple. Purple is evil goblin style, while grey and brown is evil undead style.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 07:04:58 pm »

If you really want evil go for grey and brown evil areas, not purple. Purple is evil goblin style, while grey and brown is evil undead style.

I don't think this is true. There's just various colors for evil biomes on the world map.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Zarium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 08:20:14 pm »

I just started playing but so far my personal favorite was starting on a cold map, and watching a snow cap over a chasm fall 10 z levels, killing about two monsters per level right on embark.
Pages: [1] 2