Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: this is the least terrifying ocean ever  (Read 2148 times)

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: this is the least terrifying ocean ever
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:30 pm »

Why the hell haven't dwarves invented the snorkel?

Wood soaks, metal corrodes and stone is too brittle. Dwarves haven't invented plastic yet.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 06:46:56 pm »

In my experience, not every "evil" region has undead.

Someone once made a hypothesis that the red/grey/yellow evil regions have undead, and the purple evil regions have "monsters" (harpies, ogres, etc.), with the exception of deserts, oceans, and mountains (because they only have one color type, and therefore cannot have their contents determined via that method), but I have no idea if it's true or not.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 12:09:16 am »

i have a question about the waves on my beach, should i worry about them? is the tide ever going to get higher? will things be swept away by the current? isn't all that mist supposed to give my dwarves happy thoughts?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:35:54 am »

i have a question about the waves on my beach, should i worry about them? is the tide ever going to get higher? will things be swept away by the current? isn't all that mist supposed to give my dwarves happy thoughts?

make main roads along the beach, dwarfs get happy thoughts then getting into the lovly mist (same counts for waterfalls)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 01:48:09 am »

I once played on a site which had a Untamed Wilds swamp, a Joyous Wilds forest, and a Terrifying ocean.  After 18 years, all I got were groundhogs, the occasional cougar, snailmen and slugmen, and a single rhesus invasion.  Never got anything save normal fish from that ocean.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:49:53 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 02:43:55 am »

They're lurking, just below the surface. Distracting you by commanding normal beasts to get to you. When you settle down, however...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 04:17:35 am »

As recounted in my story thread, my current terrifying forest has only one werewolf at a time. Everything else is pretty normal.

I KNOW the "Purple=no undead" thing is wrong though. Look at Nist Akath. It's a purple tundra. My haunted tundra/wilderness taiga was purple in the tundra area and had heaps of Skelk, Zelk, Skolf, and Skusmox.
Pages: 1 [2]