Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 301432 times)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #945 on: September 26, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »

A turtle bone cage!  It's been a while, so I forget the details, but I put it where everydwarf could see it.  I filled it with 200 cats and a (tame turtle).  Turtleception?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

YES

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 27, 2011, 01:19:25 am »

Not sure about best, but my favourite?

A steel battle axe, encircled with blue garnet and menacing with spikes of dire wolf bone. Not particularly exciting, but it was named "The Snarling One" which for me immediately conjured up an image of an axe with a wolf's head at the top with jaws spread wide, covering the blade of the axe.

It's at a hundred and twenty notable kills so far, in my seven year old fortress. When this fortress eventually dies I'm going to go claim it with a hero and use it to kill every major foe in the realm. It will be passed from hero to hero until the job is done.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:21 am »

The first one in my current fort is also one of the awesomest sofar. A golden anvil. It is dwarfiness incarnate although I don't trust it in a magma forge.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 27, 2011, 03:16:32 pm »

The first one in my current fort is also one of the awesomest sofar. A golden anvil. It is dwarfiness incarnate although I don't trust it in a magma forge.

You need to build some kind of shrine around it. Find a dwarf who worships a god that's about forging or something and have him create statues and whatnot.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 27, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »

Artifacts can't be destroyed, and gold isn't flammable (so no ‼Artifact Anvil‼), so you should be able to use it in a magma forge just fine.  Said magma forge should be the centerpiece of the temple described above.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Doomchild-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 27, 2011, 03:20:16 pm »

3rd artifact in my latest fortress
it's been a long time since i had a weapon from a strange mood and when i saw my migrant weaponsmith enter a mood i was really worried since the only metals i had available were gold, silver and lead, so i was happy it at least turned out to be a blunt 'melee' weapon.
currently in the capable hands of my militia commander. he's my first and currently only soldier in the fort and the crossbow was assigned to him when changed him from a hunter to my commander. seems fitting since it has an image of the appointment of a general from over 1000 years ago...

MrC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 27, 2011, 03:39:46 pm »

2 fort years ago my armourer got a fey mood and claimed a magma forge. So i forbid every metal but adamantine. And so he created Ernamsheced "The Modest Carnality":
Code: [Select]
This is a adamantine shield. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of adamantine. This object is adorned with hanging rings of maple and menaces with spikes of granite. On the item is an image of a acacia in fungiwood.This artifact is worth 1336800 dwarfbucks.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 27, 2011, 04:26:10 pm »

Use gold blocks as the other ingredient to the forge.  Or possibly Nether-cap.  That would be bad-ass; I like gold and deep blues together.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 28, 2011, 10:31:40 am »

You need to build some kind of shrine around it. Find a dwarf who worships a god that's about forging or something and have him create statues and whatnot.

Seeing as it came from a fey mood I have a spare Legendary blacksmith laying around. He's been producing lots of barrels, bins, cages, a few tables, doors, chairs and a bunch of statues. I have several masterful golden statues standing about but they either depict a) dwarves or b) my mayor. It's a pity. I've also had him make iron anvils number 2 and 3 (last one being masterful!) for other magma forges.

I love the idea for the temple though. But it would either be a never-functioning standard forge (with gold blocks or something else ridiculously fancy. I'm personally fond of rose gold and have a few blocks left so that could be neat. Obsidian blocks are possible too) OR a none-too-fancy magma forge. It's a pity I can't just place it somewhere like I would a statue, because I'm damn sure every dwarf on the continent would queue up to ogle it.
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2011, 12:45:28 pm »

You can kinda do that using a custom stockpile. Just make a finished goods stockpile and restrict all the types except anvil and all the metals except gold. Then you make a 1 tile stockpile where-ever you want the anvil and use q-t to designate the anvil to be taken from whatever stockpile it's held in currently.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:10 pm »

You can kinda do that using a custom stockpile. Just make a finished goods stockpile and restrict all the types except anvil and all the metals except gold. Then you make a 1 tile stockpile where-ever you want the anvil and use q-t to designate the anvil to be taken from whatever stockpile it's held in currently.

This will get it where you want it, but unfortuneately with a Display Case mod dwarves are too stupid to realise there is an absolutely smashing anvil there to admire / boost value.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 02, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »

It's just a perfect rose quartz, but I'm loving the name on this one...

Tezultenshed Mukargar: Noosechances the Sad Bowels.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:46 pm »

Artifacts can't be destroyed, and gold isn't flammable (so no ‼Artifact Anvil‼), so you should be able to use it in a magma forge just fine.  Said magma forge should be the centerpiece of the temple described above.

I've had an artifact floodgate destroyed by magma

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #958 on: October 23, 2011, 06:53:19 pm »

An artifact addy crossbow... The pony meme slayer. Speaks for itself :d

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 23, 2011, 08:50:22 pm »

I've had an artifact floodgate destroyed by magma

You sure it was truly destroyed? Maybe it was just hidden by the flow bug? Did you check the stocks?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89