Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: And they said catsplosion is a problem...  (Read 2130 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: And they said catsplosion is a problem...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 02:56:29 pm »

I use Foreman, so my fortress children spend their formative years engraving every inch of my fortress.

Now I really, really want a Duke and Duchess.  I'd never have to have another adult Engraver!
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 04:39:06 pm »

What's a "Doctor"? He's brown so he has some manner of skill

its a peasant with only health care job enabled (and custom profession name), due to farming as all dwarves allowed to gather crops, he got some planting skills thats made him brown.
as i am playing without traps and ignore some mandates, i have lots of injurned and imprisoned dwarfes that need health care, and the docotors are here to carry water and food, so they wont die because every other dwarf is in a fulltime job (i have 30000 stones marked for dumping, so at least the cleaning task make quite a mess and i need specialized dwarfs that sit arround and do nothing until someone needs water)

So why isn't he purple? Dwarves that sit around tend to have friends and thus become mayors. Good way to control what is being mandated too

Khain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »

health care...you mean...theres another way to letting my dwarves die in agony, cold and alone!?
Khain is a dubious worshipper of Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 12:21:30 am »

Children are so weird. Cats just lug things around for no reason, children accomplish random tasks.

Every so often a child smooths a wall, or something. I dunno why. Sometime they do masonry, or plant, or whatever.

I need a nursery.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 07:50:30 am »

Children are so weird. Cats just lug things around for no reason, children accomplish random tasks.

Every so often a child smooths a wall, or something. I dunno why. Sometime they do masonry, or plant, or whatever.

I need a nursery.

"You guys go on ahead. I'm gonna stay here and sand this wall smooth."

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 05:20:48 pm »

What's a "Doctor"? He's brown so he has some manner of skill

its a peasant with only health care job enabled (and custom profession name), due to farming as all dwarves allowed to gather crops, he got some planting skills thats made him brown.
as i am playing without traps and ignore some mandates, i have lots of injurned and imprisoned dwarfes that need health care, and the docotors are here to carry water and food, so they wont die because every other dwarf is in a fulltime job (i have 30000 stones marked for dumping, so at least the cleaning task make quite a mess and i need specialized dwarfs that sit arround and do nothing until someone needs water)

So why isn't he purple? Dwarves that sit around tend to have friends and thus become mayors. Good way to control what is being mandated too

because my mayor is a multiple legandary superdwrvely tough unbelievble agile and ultra mighty one thats the only surviver of the expedition that startet this fort 16 years ago. and as all my dwarfs have no time to attend partys because there is enough todo for evryone, there is no way my doctor making much friends ;D
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."
Pages: 1 [2]