Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: An experience  (Read 6498 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
An experience
« on: October 29, 2008, 10:49:48 pm »

It was dark. An uneasy feeling crept up on me, not a sudden shock, but a mounting sense of dread. I looked around the room, I felt as though something was there, moving just outside my sight. My heart was pounding silently. The silence! It was though I was cast out of reality and in again at the realization that... Not a sound from my heart! My heart was beating intensely. It hurt my chest. I did not make a noise, the silence was oppressive. I felt like a single sound would be unanswered. I'd rather believe myself deaf than know that nothing else would respond. There it was, around three meters tall! A great shadow cast by nothing! Darker than the blackness around it! I dared not move, I knew it was watching me, it and it's obsidian black presence. Why wouldn't I move! I felt I could, but I wouldn't. It has my will! It has me! With a blink, it's gone, I quietly walk to the switch, flip it and let light exist once more. The binding silence was gone, My heart was slowing. Though I suffered no physical harm, I felt as though I had nearly lost my life. I will not let this darkness surround me again. I cannot! It will be there, the black avatar of malice and darkness. I will not wait for it. If I show a moment's vulnerability, it could return.

This actually happened to me. Discuss.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: An experience
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »

Congratulations, you were almost eaten by a grue.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:04:32 pm »

Sounds like something I've heard of before. Where people wake up and can't move, and sometimes feel a presence in the room. Insane people blame it on aliens.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:54 pm »

Somtimes when your on the verge of being awake and dreaming you get this weird effect where you see stuff or hear stuff you would be dreaming. My friend does it all the time and says he can make thunder strike on command in his room if he's in the right state (california of course(pun)). Your experience is probly that.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:31:29 am »

Duke is right, that was a pretty close call for you. I don't know what to suggest, really, except keeping a magic light-sword with you at all times. Joining a support group might be a good thing, too, since you may very well be grue-attractant.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 12:43:42 am »

D: im not sure if this is serious or not, whats a grue.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:53:33 am »

I think (don't quote me on this) it is this annoying fellow

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 12:55:54 am »

I thought that was domo.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 12:58:01 am »

Oh... I'm not good with my internet monsters.

Edit] Damn you google images you failed me again
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:02:32 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 01:29:29 am »

Domo isn't an internet monster... Neither is a grue.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 01:57:31 am »

Sorry mister knowledgeable guy. Next time I will try not to getting my Japanese mascots, old school games and internet memes confused. I'm a little sleepy, I make mistakes when I am sleepy.

yggiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 05:52:38 am »

Sleep Paralysis if you are immobile in your bed, but conscious with a heavy feeling on your chest.

Now, Shadow People are just that, a humanoid entity that looks like a shadow, and some dubious callers on Coast-to-Coast AM radio claim to see them flitting about, or claim they are stalked by them. The shadow people are usually a recurring event, though.
www.coasttocoastam.com/

I have experienced sleep paralysis once myself. A lot of Coast to Coast folks claim an old, evil Night Hag is sitting on their chest, but no hag for me, just standard, lol, paralysis. It lasted for thirty seconds to a minute for me, and has never happened since.

During that episode, I hallucinated snakes all over the bed and my room. I literally jumped out onto the floor and ran to the door of the room, mumbling loudly about snakes, lol. They looked like hefty boa constrictors from your favorite movie. But then I started to snap out of it, and nothing was there.

I am certain that you experienced SOMETHING, Psyco Jelly, but I am skeptical of the malevolent and independent nature of the thing. Your experience did involve sleep?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 06:40:26 am »

Sleep Paralysis, also known as Old Hag Syndrome.

Especially note these parts: 

"fully conscious, but unable to move"

"terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger"
Shoes...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 07:04:58 am »

I've had it twice. Horrible things pass through your mind when you wake up numb all over. I was dozing of in my living room watching some star trek when i woke up. I could here the Tv and see the changing lights but I couldn't move at all. I was lying on my couch, in my dressing gown with no-one else in the house thinking "Fuck, I'm stuck like this for hte rest of my life. Shit." It was not the least bit pleasant.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 10:33:00 am »

Pages: [1] 2