Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for mod  (Read 1282 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
looking for mod
« on: October 21, 2008, 07:35:18 pm »

is there a mod out there contianing a nearly unkillable creature?

im not talking about ender goblins....i mean something that just wanders outside your fort that would take years and dozens of dead dwarves to kill. with as many powers and abilities as possible

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: looking for mod
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:56:21 pm »

Well... In the mod I'm planning to realease after the next major DF release, there's a rediculous amount of creatures that will probably severely reduce the life span of your fortress, but this megabeast reigns in terms of sheer unkillability:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's see... swims and doesn't breathe, so you can't drown it. Rediculously high heatdam point, so you can't melt it. Kills large buildings, so it's rather difficult to atomsmash it. Immune to traps, so you can't cage it. No internal organs and can't get things stuck in it, so there's not much point in shooting it. Has a damblock of 80, so you can't really sword it.

And the fire and lighting arc isn't in yet, therefore you have no light, therefore you are likely to be eaten by it.

As of right now, it's only weakness is worldgen creatures, since they apparently have superpowers.

Non-megabeast version, which simultaneously removes the aforementioned weakness and causes them to show up sooner:

That oughta work.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:32:21 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:12:25 pm »

Why the sever on breaks?
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:16 pm »

Why the sever on breaks?

Indeed. If they don't have internal organs, you want things to get stuck in them. Thus things fighting them will be occupied with stuck weapons, which with no pain would do nothing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:33:26 pm »

Huh. Coulda sworn I left out severonbreaks so hammerers couldn't get a lucky shot. Guess not.

I dislike the idea of things getting stuck in it, but so be it.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:40:46 pm »

For it to be truly fire proof, it needs either a [RACEGLOSS] tag or an ignition point tag.  If it runs into a fire as is, it is going to get crispy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:02:21 pm »

While not quite immortal these creatures wander around as normal wildlife and are nearly megabeast level on their own.  All it would really take is a doubled or tripled size and some damageblock to make them neigh unkillable in combat.

And the grass assassin's arms

My only gripe is that they sometimes choose to wrestle instead of dissect you.  They also aren't meant to be godlike so you might wanna toss on some trap avoid too.

P.S. Whoever figures out where these creatures originate automatically win 1 internets
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:09:36 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:12 pm »

so are these things stronger then ender goblins? will it take me forever to kill them? cause i just want something godlike to wander outside my base and let me come to it while it slaughters my guys lol

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 11:14:59 pm »

Probably not, but they can be used as a base to make even stronger stuff.  Theyre just much stronger than typical wildlife.

Change all the size tags to something like 80 though and you will have quite a fight on your hands that doesn't announce itself with a siege warning.  (No I have never fought an ender goblin, so I can't compare.)

Its really not all that hard to make a nearly impossible creature though.  I'll post an edit to this with a mutant Grass assassin in a sec.

What has science done?

P.S. Sorry about all the edits, I kept forgetting stuff.  Should be immune to heat and magma, come in packs of 10 or 20.  Be difficult to see(for the player. dwarves will still see them fine) Swim like a carp, move 100 times the speed of an average dwarf, instantly decapitate and paralyze PERMANENTLY on hit is much bigger than a dragon and throws webs like spiderman.

If somebody can kill a wave of these without caveins, ice, cold weather, atom smashers, or godenite weilding uberdwarves I'll go cold turkey on Dr Pepper for a week.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:05:19 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 11:44:58 pm »

Just pick your favorite megabeast and increase its size by an order of magnitude.  For extra fun, give it [WEBBER] [THICKWEB] [WEBIMMUNE] [PARALYZEIMMUNE]  [NONAUSEA] [NOEXERT] [NOPAIN] [NOSTUN] [NOFEAR] [EXTRAVISION] [NOBREATHE] [NOBLEED] and [FIXED_TEMP:10800].  You can also do some fun things with venom, and if you really want a challenge, make them come in packs: [POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30], [CLUSTER_NUMBER:4:12], or some such.

You'll also want to give it a new name.  Fuzzy kitten, perhaps.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.