Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: lol, bug  (Read 2216 times)

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
lol, bug
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

So I get a dwarf who is legendary miner, elected mayor, total badass. He gets a mood, takes a masonry shop,  and starts grabbing stuff. Gets gabbro, a platinum bar, and a dyed silk cloth, and goes to town. I hadn't realised he already got the stone, so I tried ot forbid all the nearby gabro, in favor of the dolomite or kimberlite that was a few squares away.  After he starts, I forbid his gabbro, and the TSK on it goes away, but He doesn't go for more stone. Finishes his mood, only its a Toad bone floodgate! Where did He get that toad?

ps: how do you add images? And how widely known is the source of the name "bay 12"?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:34:39 pm by Pi »

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: lol, bug
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:09:55 am »

From what I've heard, it seems that in order to avoid an error, the game automatically generates a random crafting material in the even that the construction has begun and something happens to the original base material. But I'm probably wrong so...

NFI as far as the other two go.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:41:07 am »

not sure about the toad, prolly randomly found one killed by a cat maybe?

images? like this?

you jsut gotta click the image button when your making a post and insert your pictures link in between the

im guessing that the bay 12 is maybe related to something, but mostlikely just a individual preference by The Great Toady and/or his bro

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 03:02:11 pm »

Toady could probably fix this by making items gathered in moods belong to the mooded dwarf. That way, they'll be as impossible to remove as random items of clothes in the barracks. That said, this is a pretty obscure bug which can't be hit without trying something semi-dodgy (forcing the dwarf to collect a more expensive stone, as was the case in this example).

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:01:25 pm »

And how widely known is the source of the name "bay 12"?

I recall hearing some time ago that it had something to do with "Alien" or possibly "Event Horizon" but I don't remember the specifics. It was more than a year ago.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:04:25 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Apegrape

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop that, it's silly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:34:17 pm »

I think that if the material bugs up in a way or gets destroyed it defaults to toad bone. More like Toady One Bone.
This is -ing good wood!

Pi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:27:31 pm »

Yah, I think it's toady one bone. There are no toads in game, correct? No toads, only Giant toads.

Bay 12 comes From an old dos game by Apogee: Raptor, Call of the shadows. YOur fighter plane landed in bay 12 after a mission. I was just playing it the other day when it hit me.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:01:36 am »

There are toads, but they are only vermin.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 05:31:00 am »

Toady could probably fix this by making items gathered in moods belong to the mooded dwarf. That way, they'll be as impossible to remove as random items of clothes in the barracks. That said, this is a pretty obscure bug which can't be hit without trying something semi-dodgy (forcing the dwarf to collect a more expensive stone, as was the case in this example).

That'd be irritating, you wouldn't be able to stop them from hauling that andesite when obsidian was just nearby

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 05:46:46 am »

The problem isn't that the item gets "removed," whatever that means.  The problem is that the item gets forbidden, in which case they won't pick it up or use it for a job, even if they own it.

The fix I would prefer would be that dwarves always use the exact material they want, accepting no substitutes, but are also smart enough to pick good materials to begin with.

Angellus

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:48:41 am »

images? like this?

you jsut gotta click the image button when your making a post and insert your pictures link in between the

im guessing that the bay 12 is maybe related to something, but mostlikely just a individual preference by The Great Toady and/or his bro
OoP:
Dude, thats such a freaking awesome... lizard?

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 07:55:37 am »

The problem isn't that the item gets "removed," whatever that means.  The problem is that the item gets forbidden, in which case they won't pick it up or use it for a job, even if they own it.

The fix I would prefer would be that dwarves always use the exact material they want, accepting no substitutes, but are also smart enough to pick good materials to begin with.

Good point. That was my intention with the suggestion, but clearly it wouldn't work.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 09:43:24 am »

images? like this?

OoP:
Dude, thats such a freaking awesome... lizard?
It is Cautionsaurus.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »

Cautionsaurus is the closest thing there is to a Bay 12 mascot (aside from and anyway).

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 01:15:01 pm »

Toads are the very first creature in the raws. Bone is material type #1.

Seems like it just defaults to the first possible object. Even if it's not "technically" possible.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.
Pages: [1] 2